Old 09-06-2010, 10:08 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W. Halloween Challenge Week 1 and Invitation.

Today is the first day of our new challenge~Halloween.

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:16 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

I'm Jeni. I've got 2 kiddos and a DH. I work weird shifts and I have put on at least 10 pounds since June. Today I am going to get my stuff back to gether and get back down to where I want to be. I have my challenges, but I will pull myself back together.

W~I always drink 64-100 oz of water depending on my schedule.

E~I like to fancy myself a runner. Its my main cardio workout. Although I do LOVE the AMT at the gym. My normal workout routine is 35 cardio 10 row 15 weights. Unfortunately because of a shoulder injury my workouts will have to be redone. I am thinking recumbant bikean elliptical, but I have to get the go ahead from my physical therapist.

E~I calorie count. although I havev't at all this summer (hence the weight gain.) It works for me so I will be back at it.

D~My life will be getting crazy soon. So my main goal will be taking some me time. I have given that up and it has shown in my mood.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

I saw your challenges before and was always in the middle of one, so I want to join in this time. I'm Chris, and right now my only commitments are school and work! Graduating in December and have a job lined up to be an aupair in possibly Spain. Want to keep my weight moving down and incorporating lifestyle changes so if I end up somewhere without as much support/opportunity to track calories/gym, etc... it's just become part of my life. Plus I want to enjoy myself and not have to worry about being so fat and unhealthy anymore!

W- I've been off track on this and really need to work on it. I want to get back to drinking at least 100oz a day.

E- I'm a runner too. I just finished my first half marathon this weekend and I want to continue running 3-4 times a week. I also do a strength circuit routine 3 days a week for about 45 minutes. Swimming class 2x a week. And zumba whenever I can fit it in. I'm also a bellydancer, and my groups for that meet 2x a week, and I practice on my own when I can.

E- I count calories and try not to go over 1500-1600 a day, though I'm not always stringent on that depending on how much exercise I've done. Mostly I try to not put processed/sugary foods into my body, so when I do happen to go over (a lot of times I'm more around the 1300 range), it's all in whole foods, lean meats, etc.

D- I need to keep on top of things. I have a busy schedule with it being my last semester between classes, labs, research, and also living in the women's ministry house for my campus there are a lot of unplanned events that get thrown into the day... meeting with freshman, random people coming over, extra jobs added in. I need to keep on top of my assignments and research. I wrote my gym time and fitness classes into my schedule that's hanging on the wall so that it wouldn't be a trivial thing that I put aside when people are asking me to do other things.

Last edited by Everlasting; 09-06-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #4  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Well I am here. It has been really weird around here. I feel like a slug. It has been cold, nothing much happening on the weight loss front. I was hoping to get to a new low after TOM this time but that didn't happen. 174ish, I did see 173.2 though.

I am kind of in a difficult frame of mind. Some of you probably know my story about the ex-husband that lives with me. Well it is not the kind of relationship I really want and have been trying to figure out what to do about it. I kind of want him to move on and there is an opportunity for that to happen. He has been offered work in NC. Kind of a long ways away, not exactly what I had in mind. He wouldn't be around to fall back on if he goes.

He really doesn't want to. I mean why would he. He is unemployed and gives me almost all his $$$. I am responsible for everything around here. He can watch tv, play on the computer and have all needs met. Good for him, not so much for me. I think I want him to go but I am a little freaked out by it. I have never been totally on my own. There has always been him or children. Needless to say my emotions and thoughts are all over the board and consuming all my time.

Good time to try and get my life back together on all fronts. I start school with children back tomorrow, new weight loss challenge starting here, girls at work want to start working out. Time for Mindy to get it together. Wish me luck.

Shari, Kris...don't leave me girls. I am going to make a real effort to post here once a day, even if it is brief. I hope to see you 2 also.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:45 PM   #5  
Calorie Counter

Chris To W.O.W!!! I cant wait to get to know you.

Mindy~I'm here for you! This summer has been horrible for me weight loss wise. I never did find a way to workout while mak was in swim team. Now, its about to start up again. Even crazier life, but I am totally unhappy with my weight gain this summer. I hope my PT will let me work out.

Today hasn't been bad at all. Not the greatest since I have been stuck inside, but food hasn't been bad at all.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:52 PM   #6  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default High on paint fumes...

because I got sucked into a Home Depot commercial and decided to paint my friggin house. Been on my feet all day, only to break for a piece of pizza or BEER. So its late but I am ready to commit again... so Halloween it is!

I'm Kris, a semi-regular (except for 2010) weeder I guess. Crap, do I even get to have that title? Anywho, 4 kids 21/10/8/5 and 1 adoring hubby. Work a lovely gov't job, own a company with hubby, been fat for a decade. Battling smoking (so on and off with this that I get dizzy trying to keep up with myself). But I LOVE THESE WEED GIRLS! And yes I am back in this challenge!

Mindy... my girl. You should have some old IM's you should go revisit. Embrace freedom sister! Still here for ya too.

Jen... you are our rock aren't ya! You just never quit. LOVE IT. Going to need a lot of your determination.

Shari, Mavie, popcorn, emiloots..... Cant wait to catch up chicks! Chris... welcome aboard!

Okay ladies. Starting Weight 199.2 Goal Weight for challenge 182.2.

My WEED for the week:
W: 64+ daily
E: 2 dog walks, lots of house painting after work.
E: Bootcamp diet
D: You can either stop behaving negatively, or start behaving positively.

Night girls!

Last edited by Nixmom; 09-06-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:57 AM   #7  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Hi ladies! Looks like a fun group ... my name is Rikki and I'm so in for this challenge. I would like to be 195 by halloween. Wi this morning@ 211.8. That's almost 17lbs but I think I can do it!
w-64oz...need to work on this one!
e- this one needs a lot of work too! Goal os to do 30 minutes of SOMETHING very physical 5 days per week.
e-McDougalling gluten-free...
d-be positive and give myself some positive self reinforcement daily!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:30 AM   #8  
Calorie Counter

Kris, Yes I quit, then I do things like gain 10 pounds in 3 months and hate it and come back. I'm glad you are back again!

Rikki I'm glad you are joining our group.

Working today, which stinks because its Maks first day of 2nd grade. She is nervous and excited. Tommy doesn't start preschool till next week.

W 80 oz
E extra laps if I can
E 1500 cals
D have a good day at work.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Whew, glad that's over, fresh start!!

I am Mavis, 44, mother of 2- both away at college, wife to a fabulous man. 2 jobs, 2 dogs, including a beast of a puppy who is presently learning his manners (begrudgingly) but you can't have a 130 lb dog without manners.

I am going to keep low carbing but add in CC now for the next challenge.

Started last around 158 and thought I ended around 155, although this morning scale is back up to 158 so maybe no gain/loss at all! Bout 7 weeks to Halloween, going for broke, unlikely to get there, but hey, if I don't try, my chances are worse. 139 here I come!!

W 100
E Running after work
E POP
D Suck it up and move on
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:56 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 117/113.5/110-112

Height: 5'4

Hi ladies,

Oooh, count me in! I am new to the board and this seems like a great place to get motivated. I'd like to lose five pounds by Halloween. I am a calorie counter (it works for me), so my goals are pretty calorie-focused.

Here are my goals:
W: 64 ounces each day
E: At least 500 calories burned 5 x per week
E: -400-600 calories below maintenance per day, with one planned "eat to maintenance" day each week
D: A max of one snack per day (outside of my four daily mini-meals on weekdays and two/three meals on weekends)
spingirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/166.4/140

Height: 5'1"

Hi JCAt, Nixmom, mothermavis, rdw, Mindy (hang in there!), everlast and Spingirl.. !!!

I'm Zinger - i have a full time job, two kiddos, a husband and I'm a full time college student, finishing my degree online. I stay pretty busy, but somehow seem to always be doing things for others. Weight loss is a commitment to myself! I look forward to getting to know you all through this chat.

I have been neglecting my water, so that is the primary reason I'm holding steady at my current weight (I think) I've kept my calories low, and I've been getting excercise, so I'm trying to GO THE DISTANCE by adding more water every day!

So - here are my weed commitments
W - Water, water, water... My goal is for 64oz a day.
E - I am going to take a walk, ride my bike or get some indoor excercise every morning after the school bus comes, and before I go to work. This seems to be the best time.
E - Eat - I am a former WW'r so I'm going to count points again. My goal is to keep a point journal, and write it all down again.
D - I am going to "Go The Distance" meaning not give up!

Last edited by Zinger; 09-07-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Zinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:45 AM   #12  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning ladies- I jumped in from my phone last night so I decided I would tell ya a lil more about me now that I am at my laptop! I am 28(but will swear to 21!). Married to a wonderful man, 6 furry kids(2 Big Dogs and 4 cats) yes, I should probably live on a farm! Right now I am awaiting my return to work-I live in Nashville and lost my job(I am a stylist) to the great flood in May. I should be returning to work October 15-In the meantime I have been doing home improvement projects to keep me busy! FUN! lol(most of the time anyway)

Is this something we do daily??

W-Water! 64oz no less!!!

E-I will get at least 30 minutes of sweat time in today(and not by a pool ;0))

E-McDougalling, will eat less than 10g fat today

D-At least look into starting my backsplash myself!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:58 PM   #13  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Quick hit. First day of school went well. I did bring home some work, just labeling stuff. Still need to workout. No word on the ex and our future yet. I'll let ya know when i hear something,.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #14  
Calorie Counter

spin and zinger.

Today was a good day. I think I may head over for a quick bike ride. since I cant really do anything else. I think my weight is up because of my meds. I'm sorry but there is no way I am up 6 pounds. (my scale said 152, I haven't been 151 in 2 years). Anyway I'm not worrying about the weight, I just want to get back to working out. So my goal for this challenge is to work out at least 30 minutes in some way, 7 days a week. I am going to be back to the 130's by my birthday. (Jan 14)

So far
W~56 oz
E~none
E~950 cals
D Work was good

Last edited by jcatron243; 09-07-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:28 PM   #15  

Height: 5'3"

Hey Ladies -

Looks like I'm last to the party! For anyone new, I'm Emily - 30 yrs old, I work full-time and have two boys Connor & Desmond (almost 4 and 20 months). My DH works a lot, and travels on a semi-frequent basis so you'll hear me complaining every now and then about it I started off the last challenge at 168 (I think) got down to 162 and poof over the weekend I'm back up to 166. I'm hoping it's mostly water from eating off plan for the holiday.

Jeni - my birthday is Jan 6th! Hmm, I'd love to be in the 130's by then (we can have a side challenge!) You can do it!

Mindy - hope you get it all figured out soon - sounds like you need a change and maybe your ex moving away is what you both need. Sometimes the things and people that are 'familiar' and 'comfortable' hold us back, maybe this will give you a fresh start.

To everyone else hi and Welcome! Tomorrow is a new day - I just need to pick a plan, system - whatever you want to call it and stick to it!

W - 64+ (really been slacking on this lately!)
E - P90X, walking now that the weather is cooling
E - on plan
D - figure out how we can afford another baby (aka stick to the budget!), paint the downstairs, do a little reading each night
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote