Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 06:05 AM   #1  
I'm on my way!

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#296

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!
Old 03-10-2003, 06:09 AM   #2  
I'm on my way!

OK 2Cute...I did it! I even remembered how this time!!

Well Andrew is still whining and whining but not throwing up! I wish he would get back to being the happy little boy he is! My poor baby! I wish I could take it away from him! He doesn't understand whats happening!

I just want to say Welcome Deon...I don't think I did that yet! Gald to see you came back!!

Well I gotta run and comfort my baby and then get ready for work! I'll catch you all later!

TTFN Michelle
Old 03-10-2003, 07:43 AM   #3  

2Cute/ Was all that posting just for me? LOL you sure were chatty and I loved it!!!

Michelle/ I hope Andrew is feeling better soon. I just hate it when my kids are sick. You just wish it could be you. You feel so helpless that you can't do a darn thing to make the yucky feeling they are having go away. Hugs and kisses work the best I guess.

Deon/ I to have an overweight child who just turned 11 on Saturday and he weighs about 140 I guess. But he is tall, I mean I am 5'7" and he is only a few inches shorter than me. But, he is attending TOPS meetings with his grandma, now if I could get him up off the couch and do the WATP tape with me. Actually the kid is outside a lot and going going going.....The dr. told me she is not so much worried about him loosing, but to at least not gain, then she would be happy.

Tina/ I did'nt see any crazed fans chasing TONY yesterday, so I guess you were a good girl and stayed in your seat. I was watching the race and thinking, OMG how are all those people gonna get out of there, and how long will it take? Bet it took you longer to leave than when you got there? Hope you had a great time. I did see the little short interview with him after the race and he said he had been fighting the flu for a week or so. It was a good race to see, especially the end there were Gordon passed Labonti and then back again, that was cool, it was almost like saying,"NO SIRREE YOU AINT TAKING THIS FROM ME".

Well girls I gotta go get the shower in before work, so I will pop in later and check you all out.

Hugs,
Sandy
Old 03-10-2003, 12:39 PM   #4  
a work in progress...

Default Saw this on another thread and had to share...

Within your reach
Your dreams are most certainly within your reach. Yet just because they're within your reach does not automatically mean that you'll reach them. It is up to you to move yourself toward them. It is up to you to use each day, each moment, each thought and action to go surely and steadily in the direction you wish to go.
If the place you plan to reach is just a few hundred yards to the north of you, and yet you insist on always walking south, you'll have a very difficult time ever reaching it. Are your actions in each moment moving you toward the place you want to be, or are they moving you away?

There are certain things, wonderful things, positive, valuable and exciting things you intend to accomplish. Right this very moment is the time to be taking clear, definite steps toward them.

Rise above the distractions of the moment and look at the big picture of your life. Give yourself some meaningful perspective and then take a clear, objective look at the direction in which you're headed.

Are you letting the distractions and temptations determine your direction, or are you following your highest vision for what life can be? The sooner you start moving in the direction of your dreams, the sooner you will get there, and now is the perfect time to start.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 03-10-2003, 01:44 PM   #5  

Red face

Hey girls,

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, I did absolutely nothing, well actually I went to church yesterday, and then did laundry, that was the highlights of my weekend.

DS is doing much better, seems to be recovering, went to school today, so hopefully he won't catch any other viruses going around, there's so many kids sick right now, he's been out of school for 2 weeks, so hopefully all the viruses have made their way around the school and have left the building.

I don't know what else can go wrong, they say God only gives you as much as you can handle. So I know somehow we will get through this hard time, finacially, but does anyone have a vehicle I can borrow My DB truck broke down, we knew it was going to happen, but it happened at a very bad time. He went to get gas last night and discovered he had no brakes, the brakes aren't a real big problem, not to costly to fix, but there's so much else wrong with this truck, it's been sucking back gas like crazy, 30$ every two days, and sounds terrible and rides really rough, he drives 45 min to work and needs a vehicle, this morning he had to drop me off at work, I work 30 min away, and then head off to his work, I'm not sure how much longer it will take him, but by doing this I have to come in hour and half earlier, and he picks me up an hour later, so it's a pain in the butt. And there's not to many baby sitters out their that want to babysit at 6:30 am.
And to top it all off my car is leaking power steering fluid, and we have to fill that up daily, we need a new hose, So to end my complaint my life is very stressful and is really no fun at the moment

Tina hope you enjoyed your weekend, I wish I had something I was so crazy about, need to find a hobby and take my mind off all the rest of the crap that's going on.

Michelle, hope your little one is feeling better, and how many hours do you have in you day, you always seem so busy.

Donna, don't stop praying yet, I can use all the prayers I can get.

2Cute hope your knee is feeling better, when I was at my heaviest I had alot of promblems with my knee as well as the ball of my foot, but since I've lost some weight I have very little if any pain, and I've only lost a little bit, every pound counts.

Sandy glad you made it through the weekend, with a household of boys, DS and DB are enough to drive me crazy.

Hope everyone is having a grrrrrreat day, love you all
Old 03-10-2003, 01:50 PM   #6  

Good morning everyone!

I have really kicked in and finished cleaning the house as well as ate my lunch and packed books, snacks, and the dog's stuff for the boarder so I am pretty caught up until tomorrow.

I was doing my resistance training this morning and one of the bands snapped! Darn it anyway! I would like to buy the Tony Little Gazelle, but really can't afford it trying to save for our vacation. $400 extra dollars is not really in the budget and there is vet stuff to take care of and things that have to be done in the condo.

Tina: Hope you had a great time in Atlanta. Jack said TS didn't win but did a good job.

2cute: Hope you are able to get up and around more. Last week when I was playing hide and go seek with dgs, I tried to squat behind a cabinet in the kitchen and popped the knee out. OUCH! it was pretty painful and then hard to get back up. Guess I won't be that stupid for awhile!

Michelle: How is our little one doing? A little boy that I sat for from the time he was 6 months old until he started kindergarten (he is 9 now), came down with chicken pox. A very rare occurence happened and the virus went to his brain and he could not walk talk etc. He was in the hospital for 2 weeks! I guess the doctors had only read about something like this and no one had ever witnesses it so they weren't sure what to do for him. He just came home a couple days ago and is on the mend but cannot go back to school for awhile.

Kat: Thanks for the pick me up. When it comes to losing weight, we seem to easily be distracted and lose focus.

Sandy: Hey how's it going? Still beboping to your tapes? Good girl!!

HERE IS SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED TO MY DAUGHTER LAST WEEK AND PRETTY MUCH SHOWS WHY THERE IS A WEIGHT PROBLEM IN THIS COUNTRY!!!!

My daughter and I went to a day care center last week that she wanted to check out and she almost came unglued. She talked to them about meals and what they served. When the lady told her they served hot dogs, mac and cheese, spaghetti, sandwiches and cheetos, Kelly asked why the children were not fed nutritious meals. She said "the kids won't eat vegetables." She asked what they fed the kids for breakfast and the worker said, "Poptarts." Kelly LET LOOSE. She told the woman, no way was her son coming to a day care center that fed the kids crap. She said, "My son has things like hot dogs etc once in a while, but not as a steady meal and he NEVER gets poptarts for breakfast. It is surely easy to see why there are obese adults and then the children follow if this is the way things are done."
Mothers of new babies are doing the same stupid things that my generation did. First of all, I have become a huge proponent of breastfeeding since T was born. There is direct evidence that breastfed babies are healthier than bottle fed babies with little or no occurence of ear infections and viruses that formula fed babies seem to get. Then when they get old enough for food, we give them that bottled crap instead of putting a little effort into purreeing good stuff. On top of that, when they get teeth here comes the spaghettio's, hot dogs, and chips instead of broccoli, fresh fruit, and lean meats. My grandson eats ANY vegetable you put before him and eats all fruits except bananas. He has gotten 2 colds and both were from kids at his Mother's day out. He has never taken any kind of antibiotics either. I wished that young mother's would take the time to see what garbage is doing to their kids. The old saying, "garbage in, garbage out," is the truth. Think about the kind of stuff you were fed and then what you fed your kids. You will see I am right. I am so glad that my daughter broke that cycle and that Thomas and the whole family is benefiting from her food choices for her family.

Ok, I will get off my soapbox now, but we are out of control here. At least when my generation was young we got exercise. Kids today are allowed to come home, plop in front of the video game or tv with junk food and soda and sit until dinner. I bet few kids know how to jump rope, play tag, or other games that were our staple of playtime. The schools doing away with PE time in elementary is part of the problem too!

I better go. I have probably made enemies of all of you who have children still at home.

Donna
Old 03-10-2003, 01:53 PM   #7  
Progress..not perfection

Talking I'm BAAAACK......(again)

Well guys.....I am glad that I am typing this, because I literally have no voice left! I am also glad that I'm typing with my fingers....because they are not sunburned. hint hint.....most of me, is. But that's ok, because I will brown, or peel (peel probably) but we did NOT get rained on, and that was the goal after all, wasn't it?

First and foremost, I wanted to mention that I met a girl there that posts on my Tony website and how awesome it was to meet her. She is an absolutely awesome person and one of the sweetest people I have ever met. I was so afraid that we wouldn't find one another even though we had told each other what we were wearing and had picked a time and place to meet. She had even prepared a sign (like you hold at the airport) with a picture of Tony holding the WC trophy and above him was mine and Ron's names spelled out in colored bubble letters. I asked if I could keep it and I'm putting it in the Tony room as a momento. It was so strange to me that I had never actually "met" her, yet she felt like an old friend to me. We greeted each other with a hug and as she left we gave each other a hug and I really feel sad that I don't know when I will see her again. I feel really blessed that through our appreciation of a certain Mr. Stewart, two ladies were able to meet that othewise wouldn't have. I would also like to add that I knew I had met a kindred spirit when we were having our picture taken together (by her family) and I asked Ron to take one of us too and she said, "Are you sure you want to give him the camera? We want to have them come out, don't we? I just loved that.
The race was absolutely awesome! I'm tired, sunburned, my legs are killing me and I had to sit in traffice for 4 hours and I don't care. Of course you know I wanted Tony to win, (duh) but if he couldn't, there is no one I would have rather won than Bobby. I absolutely loved the way he took command of that track and showed Gordo who was boss. It was also awesome (how many more times can I use that word) that Tony ran up front all day and is now SECOND in pts! He didn't feel well yesterday and they were giving him some ice in his car after the race and he said he talked about how he loved racing in Atlanta and I loved hearing that voice across my headphones as I was walking through the track...it was so neat.

We left about 4:30 am so we could get in there at a good time and I think we got at the track (after one bathroom, one food and one gas stop---we called them "pit stops") just a little before 8:00. We parked fairly close to our seats and got into the track right as they opened the gates. We staked our "claim" on our seats and headed out into the racing atmosphere....one of my most favorite things to do. I just felt like I was walking in the clouds. I love the smell of the foods cooking, octane running, loud music blaring and even the heat coming up off the asphalt. There is so much that contributes to the "racing experience" than just the race itself.

I was very good spending wise, (I have to save money for Bristol, you know) and only bought a clear plastic Tony backpack, which I love, a new Tony shirt which is DA BOMB, some of those headphones with built in radio & Ron got a couple of hat pins as well.

I would also like to say I was amazed at the amount of Tony fans there. As me and Julie were walking around, I kept saying, "There's a Tony fan...there's a Tony fan & there's a Tony fan!" I told her I wished I had one of those little clicker devices, so I could click off the number of people that I saw wearing Tony gear. I guess the reason I'm shocked, proud or whatever you might call it, is because for the last couple of years, you usually have to defend the fact that you're a Tony fan or get cussed out or made fun of because you support the best driver on the track. (in my opinion) There was a time when you would find yourself swimming upstream in a sea of red (Jr. fans) and praying you could just catch a glimpse of orange and when you finally did, you were so happy to see them that you either hugged an entire stranger or would at least pat them on the back simply because you knew you were down in the trenches together. But yesterday, you would be hard pressed to scan the crowd and not find lots of Tony fans. Now, I'm not sure which of these are true fans...and how many of these have just jumped on the Winston Cup bandwagon, but I can say this: In the Weaver grandstands yesterday, there was a man named Ron, a lady named Tina and a lady named Julie that were truly proud and honored to be called Tony fans.

NOW......only one week and 4 days till Bristol!

By the way, film has been dropped off at Eckerds and will be picked up after work and hopefully, (fingers crossed) pictures will be posted sometime this evening.

I love you and missed you guys a bunch!
Old 03-10-2003, 02:16 PM   #8  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry

No time to post... did all my talking last night on the last thread.
Just wanted to say hi!!!!
Tina... I can't wait to see pics. Did you get one "with" Tony and you together??
Old 03-10-2003, 05:43 PM   #9  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! I know I haven't been here and really don't have a right to ask, but HELP!!!

Somebody posted a recipe awhile back for a rice casserole that had cole slaw mix in it. It sounded so good and I bought the cole slaw mix, and now I can't find the recipe. I spent a good deal of time today, so much so that I have no time to post , going through old threads and just could not find it. If someone could point me in it's direction, or repost it, I would really appreciate it. My children are starving!!!!

I'll catch up with you later. Love to all!
Old 03-10-2003, 05:51 PM   #10  

Well Helloooo ladies!
I have to say I am feeling wonderful today. I actually feel thinner I know its not possible to have lost much in a week but I still feel great and that is what's keeping me going!

Jackslady: I read what you said about your daughter and the daycare, well I have to agree with her. The worst thing is that public schools are the same. Both of my daughters are doing WW with me and it is impossible for them to eat well at the schools, so of course they are taking cold lunches, but it's no wonder my girls are heavy, not to take blame off myself, but it would make it a whole lot easier on them to make wise choices if they offered good whole food instead of pizza, burritos, and hamburgers on a daily basis. And the breadkfasts, well that's a whole other story. And as far as PE, if the kids don't want to participate the teachers don't really enforce it, but then again they can't because someone might come along and sue them for being too forceful or something. Oh don't even get me started!! Anyway I also wanted to say that I also agree whole heartedly on the breastfeeding issue. I have 3 to prove it. My first 2 were not breast fed and had your average infections and childhood illnesses, and were on antibiotics regularly, but my third child was breastfed and was 6 before she ever had to go on antibiotics and that was due to bladder problems. And is 10 now and only been on antibiotics 3 times in her life. So there is a huge difference.

Well I guess I've spouted off enough I will go for now, that ol' housework thing is calling me !

Everyone have a wonderful afternoon!
Old 03-10-2003, 06:42 PM   #11  

Okay ladies, I have to get my 2 cents worth in here.

I breast fed both my children. And both have had their fair share of ear infections and colds and whatever else. My daughter, is allergic to peanuts, has eczema and I'm starting to think she might have ADD, but will go into that another time. I know all the facts and all that but I just wanted you to know that sometimes they still get sick and there is no explanation for it. Sorry if that was harsh, but I wanted to stick up for the mothers who also breastfed and still had sick babies.

As for school lunches, well I do agree mostly there, cause public schools seem to say they care, then they just give them whatever. If my 11 year old has his choice, which he does at school, he will take p/b/j everyday. But his school does give a fruit and veggie everyday, and they only get cake 1 time a month to celebrate everyones bday of the month. And my 5 year old has an assigned table cause she takes her lunch and can't be around peanuts, so there is one boy she loves, he sits with her everyday at lunch and will not let his mom pack p/b because of Alexis. He told his mom that he is gonna marry her when he grows up....they are so cute together. Puppy love for sure.

Okay enough of my soapbox there.

Hugs to all,
Sandy
Old 03-10-2003, 09:11 PM   #12  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry

Well I popped in to see Tinas photos but no pics to be found.

Thin... here is a cabbage casserole recipe posted and you can substitute cole slaw for cabbage. Hope this is the one.
there was also a recipe for Cabbage soup that said you could substitute cole slaw. I could not find a Rice Casserole.

.EXCELLENT LOW PT RECIPIE

CABBAGE CASSEROLE

4 CUPS CHOPPED RAW CABBAGE
1 PKG MORNING STAR FARM GRILLERS(CRUMBLES)
1 ONION
1 CAN TOMATOE SOUP
1 CAN WATER
4 TBS. INSTANT RICE (NOT COOKED)

Sautee the onion in pan with little pam spray. Add the crumbles and heat. Add the soup and the water and the rice, bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
Put cabbage in pam sprayed casserole dish, pour the other mix over and stir it up. Cover and put in 350 oven and bake for 1 hour or more till cabbage is done to your liking.

4 servings........each serving only 2.5 pts.....yahoo
Old 03-10-2003, 09:22 PM   #13  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs down Good evening race fans.....

Ok guys, you asked for them! Here they are...

The ol' "family truckster" is ready to be ATLANTA bound!

Me, before the race yesterday morning in my Tony room.

The side of Tony's merchandise trailor (I asked Ron to shut the back door, but he was afraid to)

Another fine example of Ron's picture taking. Does anyone notice my eyes are closed? Oh well, at least he managed to take the picture this time.

THE MAN in his introduction lap. Yes, it's tiny and blurry... but I took it from up high, with no zoom lens AND I was fighting people to get a space at the fence, not to mention all the while, Officer Fife was trying to get us away from the fence.

500 miles at Atlanta! Tony's up front. The way it OUGHTA be!

Racing buddies.....aren't we cute? (dig my J. Lo sunglasses)

Hope you enjoyed them!

For obvious reasons, I couldn't post them all, (I took 2 rolls) but I thought you'd like the highlights.

Old 03-10-2003, 10:36 PM   #14  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! I'm not going to weigh in on the school lunch program or the breastfeeding issue. You would be amazed at how much I'd like to say on both of those subjects. I'm afraid we would be here all night. Suffice it to say: Breastfeeding = a GOOD thing; School lunches = a BAD thing!!! Enough said!

Deon: I too love the 'thin feeling' you get once in awhile. Wouldn't it be nice if it stuck around more often???

Sandy: You're right! Nothing fits everyone, good parents can have bad kids and breastfeeding does not cure all. It's just that the statistics show that good parents mostly have good kids, and most breastfed babies are healthier. In this world we just have to do everything we can. What a tough job we have!!!

2cute: Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now my kids won't starve. You're a sweetie for digging that recipe back up for me. And yes, I do use the slaw mix in my cabbage soup. But then you know me, if it isn't simple, I ain't makin' it!!!

Tina: Great pictures! It sure looks like you guys had a great time. Like I said, the MIS race is June 15th. Just think what a great Father's Day gift those tickets would make!!! Hint, hint!!! * And look how roomy that tee shirt looks on you now, you shrinking violet, you!!! Good job!!!

Gotta run. Love to all my friends. Sorry I can't address each of you tonight, but know that you're loved!!!

Last edited by thinthinker; 03-11-2003 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:40 PM   #15  
I'm on my way!

I'll have to catch up to you all tomorrow! I went to work at 9:30 this morning and didn't leave till just before 11:30....we just found out this morning that an auditor is in our district again doing the stores he didn't get done last time...we found out when he popped into our store in Brookhaven to do another audit since they failed the last one....and they failed again this time!! I had two other managers with me tonight that have to drive back to Reading then come back here again in the morning to go to the other stores to help them get cleaned up!

I'll let you know how we made out!!

TTFN Michelle
Closed Thread