Old 09-05-2010, 07:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Default Jingle All the Way Challenge CHAT

I am pretty new here but I notice the "Jingle all the Way" (JATW) thread where we post our weight is growning pretty large!

I know I would love a place to "chat" with others doing the "Jingle all the Way" weight loss challenge and though that others might like to as well... so I started this thread!

... if not I suppose to do this on my own I hope one of the moderators will let me/us know!

And have a question about JATW thread. Guidance from those of you who have been here for a while is greatly appreciated!

Should I/we be be going back to our origination post and editing in our weekly weights or should I/we be be cutting and pasting every week?

Since (so far) I am loosing weekly (and I am a big show off) I have been cutting and pasting... but maybe it would be better to keep the thread shorter by cutting and pasting?
nancymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:15 PM   #2  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I've been updating the first post, but also cutting and pasting as an update. So...I have no idea!

I like your chat idea though!! I'm looking forward to finding out how much I can lose by then. It will be a month and a half after my one year anniversary. (Of weight loss, that is.)
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:33 AM   #3  

Elaina, Wow! You've lost almost 70 POUNDS!!!! That's what my youngest son weighs, so you have "lost" an entire 10 year old boy!

I am amazed by the number of chick's who have lost so much weight! it is very encouraging.

My cruuent thinking is that I can't eat and post on 3FC's at the same time...I made myself a "jungle challenge" ticker to distract myself from a craving for @!!%*#* TOAST!

Last edited by nancymae; 09-06-2010 at 12:39 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:50 AM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I have very tall, very big boys. My 8 year old, who is slim, weighed in at the doctor's at 93 pounds a week ago! He also wears a size NINE men's shoe. It's ridiculous. I have had it in my head all this time that once I have lost his weight I'll take a picture with him on my back, but the kid keeps growing! 10 months ago he was only 83 pounds. I don't know if I'll make it.

I like the Jingle ticker! You've lost 10 pounds already! That's an awesome start! My only claim is an inch off my waist. But I'll take it! I think I've lost a pound or two, but the inch off my waist is kind of an "about time" thing.

ETA: I was just reading some old posts and in one of them I posted about this. My 8 year old weighed 71 pounds last November, 10 months ago. The child has got to stop growing.

Last edited by Eliana; 09-06-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:58 AM   #5  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

Great idea on the Jingle ticker. 10 lbs down already is great!! Go you.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:31 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Sunrises View Post
Great idea on the Jingle ticker. 10 lbs down already is great!! Go you.
THANKS< I am pretty excited! I loved making the tickers. Why don't you make one for yourself next time you weigh?

Two of my five boys where 6 foot and over 150 pounds by sixth grade. Aaron, who weighted the most at birth, is starting 5th grade and I am pretty sure he is the smallest kid in his class.

Last edited by nancymae; 09-06-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:40 AM   #7  

I was gone for a while, I gained 22 pounds due to kidney problems. I am feeling like the fluid is coming off the past few days but not ready to get weighted yet.

I haven't been "on plan" with Atkin's but I my meals were being prepared by a dietitian. I think I must have stayed on an ADA diet and under 2,000 calories so I don't think I have gained weight.

The pants I cound't zip are almost back to normal but I guess well see in a few days.

Last edited by nancymae; 09-20-2010 at 12:40 AM.