South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 04:27 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Funtastic Friday Beachin'

Good Morning

It's a happy day here, which I'm always grateful for....maybe I should read my horoscope and see if it's in the stars, or just me

I have so many things on my mental list...perhaps it would be a good day to put it on paper. Our kitchen will be kicking into full gear as we go into a full week of dehydrating and canning cases of peaches in addition to the daily crop of tomatoes. I'm going to can tomato sauce this weekend and since Mom is coming tomorrow, I think she's running low on chokecherry jelly. Whew!

Bing is getting his haircut this morning before we head to the pool-me on bike, of course.

I'm really grateful that I finally figured out that eating healthy and getting lots of exercise is the ticket to feeling better. For years, I medicated my continual exhaustion with food. Yay! SBD!

What's on everybody's list today??? Stop by and chat
Here's mine:
1. Coffee
2. Eat OP
3. Exercise
4. Get my work done
5. Plan, plan, plan healthy food for the weekend (no suprises!)
6. Have Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 05:51 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Good morning Debbie!

I'm glad you're feeling happy this morning, I am too.
Here's what's on my list for the day:
1. Breakfast
2. The last day of the first full week of school. Whew!
3. Grocery shopping
4. Putting away lawn furniture and things before Earl passes Maine tonight.
5. A long walk in the (finally) cooler weather!
6. Packing - we plan to leave at the crack of dawn tomorrow.

Enjoy your Friday friends!
Old 09-03-2010, 06:05 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hello, Heidi! Your list looks both fun-ctional and fun! I hope your day passes quickly and you're ready to enjoy your long weekend very soon!
Old 09-03-2010, 06:23 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Thanks Debbie.

It's been soooo hot here this week - temps in the mid 90's every day since Monday. (Unusual for our part of Maine.) We've had to keep the kids inside because of the heat and that's hard for 5 year olds to understand - especially since it's been so darn hot in the classroom.

It's not going to be quite so hot today, mid to high 80's, so that's a relief. We'll be able to go out for recesses. It's been a long week though. I'm glad we have a holiday weekend to recover.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:29 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning friends I had the strangest evening! I was getting ready for bed when a close friend called. Her daughter just had a baby yesterday morning and as M was starting to tell me about the labor challenges M screamed. Turns out she was driving home after 2 full days at the hospital with her daughter and hit a deer I had her call me back after she called her husband and stayed on the phone with he until he arrived (she was on the highway so a little tricky to get there). No way I was going to let her just hang out alone on the side of the highway at 9:30 at night. On the plus side I know all about the new baby So today I will take a break to go visit baby and mama.

Debbie - you are such an inspiration in so many ways! My weekend is going to be serious dehydrating too. It's finally cooling off so I plan to run it around the clock. Maybe I'll do another batch of those yummy peaches too.

Heidi - It doesn't look like we will even get a shower from Earl here. How was your first week back?

1. coffee
2. office and message catch-up. also 2 meetings/check-ins
3. visit new baby and mama!
4. go for a walk
5. enjoy a relaxing dinner and a glass of wine on the porch

Happy Friday everyone
Old 09-03-2010, 07:39 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Cyndi! Wow! What an evening! I'm glad your friend is ok! Your list looks well rounded, too. I hope your day is bump free and you are home on your porch in no time!
Old 09-03-2010, 08:11 AM   #7  

Good morning ladies,

I'm halfway through Phase 1 and I have a child's birthday party coming up at a pizza place. They have a buffet and I love their food. I do not know how I am going to make it through the party OP. Maybe I should eat before I go? I can't think of anything besides salad there that would work.

I'm glad it's Friday. I have some quality alone time planned with my son tommorrow. But there is plenty to do today!

1. Just had breakfast
2. Exercise
3. Take my DD to the park and push her on her tricycle while I sneak in some extra exercise.
4. Housework
5. Pick up a gift for the party

Gotta get off here, if I'm going to be productive!
Old 09-03-2010, 08:14 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies:
About to hop in the shower but I wanted to stop in
Debbie you rock lady you're idomitable You make me smile!
Cyn so glad Mom gramma and baby are ok! If you want to ship some yummies to nj let me know!
Heidi enjoy the relaxing looong weekend

Me we have very little planned for this weekend and I'm really glad. I have no desire to run around like headless poultry! we'll probably do some house stuff.
Lost another pound this week for a total of 9!
I do need to cool it with the gluten free carbs a bit I've been sneaking them in. . .danger danger will robinson. I'm hitting the showers and then hopefully a short work day!
bbl
kierie
Old 09-03-2010, 08:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ladies,

I'm checking in from our motel in Truro, and we'll be getting ready to leave for the airport in Halifax soon. My flight back to the states has been delayed until this evening, but at least it gives Ruth and I time to have lunch together before her flight to Delta leaves this afternoon.

By this time tomorrow, I should be back in my own home and getting back into the old routine again.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:40 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

I went out at 615 for my ride up the steep hills in my neighborhood work out. I was heading up and was going to turn right. I saw a giant dog in the street...oops black bear...he saw me and I had to decide if I was going to keep going up (struggle) or head back down (cruise). I kept going up, but wished I had a rear view mirror. Hmm I may reevaluate my route!

Hi Kierie Great news on dropping numbers! Weekend sounds fun!

Hi Dana! I did my serious no cheat P1 in May 09. Halfway through, my pool friends had a big bash at my favorite restaurant. I thought and thought and thought and decided this; I wanted P1 to be 2 weeks of my life and didn't want to have to do it over and over...I said to myself, "It's only 2 weeks of my life. I will have many more opportunities to eat at this restaurant, I can go and not eat." I did eat an enjoyable meal before going AND I took things with me that I could eat, if necessary. You know, I did get through it and it felt soooo good! It was a real milestone for me in taking responsibility for my OWN weight and I have never had to go back to P1 again. Plan ahead and you will be successful. You only have one week left!

ETA Linda and Ruth!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-03-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning! Seems I am dragging myself in a bit later and later now that it does not get light as early in the mornings.

Debbie - You are radiating sun(flower)shine today and I love it

Heidi - I hope that the hurricane has pretty much does his thing before he gets to you!

Cyndi - Yikes!! I hope your friend is okay.

Dana - I think eating first is a great plan, then have the salad. You can do it! Come back here and share your success after as some extra motivation.

Kierie - Yay for the scale going down! I can't tell you how often I say that Will Robinson phrase to myself in my head. I guess it dates us.

Linda - Can't wait to hear trip highlights. Travel safe.

For me:
1. Get of the computer and eat breakfast already!
2. Beans into crockpot.
3. Weekly workout with mom.
4. Take advantage of the unusually cool day and ride my bike in the afternoon or take a long walk. (Depends on mud on trails and hubby's leg injury).
5. Avoid housework.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:45 AM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Alright here's mine:

1. Ingest Green Tea
2. Get work done
3. Watch the clock slowly tick
4. Go home at 5
5. Relax with Chris and Anna and start my VACATION!!!!!

I'm wayyyy tired today. Chris got up at 5:30 to go in to work early and Voodoo decided to snuggle, but she was itchy, so there was a lot of BITEBITEBITEBITEBITE going on against me between 5:30 and 6:55 when I finally got up. YAWN. Just gotta get through today!!!

Hope everyone's having a fabulous day!

Lisa

PS I would like to add that I have been digging the creative Thread Names!

Last edited by weezle; 09-03-2010 at 10:15 AM. Reason: I had more to say.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:37 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Sooooooo now that I've started posting regularly again, do you girls all just Private Message each other instead of posting? COME ON GIRLS! You're the chattiest group of women I know, which is why I fit in so well here! Where IS everybody today???
Old 09-03-2010, 03:55 PM   #14  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Hi all...Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I'm back..my life has been kind of crazy, including a new job and a location change. With all that stuff going on, my eating and exercising hasn't been super stellar. This is my last weekend of "junk" so I'll be starting phase I on Monday. I haven't gained a lot, but I'm definitely not losing.

Good to see you guys I'm off to the DMV now to change my tags and get a TX drivers license. And have my last carb filled meal and adult beverage before the weekend is over.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:41 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Hello everybody...hope everyone is having a good day so far.

Not much going on for me. I'm working tonight and will be here until 0530 hrs. No gym today before work. My mom and I usually go and do the treadmill before work but she's apparently caught some kind of stomach bug and isn't feeling too great, so we're going to make it up this weekend. I'll be going for my morning treadmill/elliptical/stationary bike after work this morning. I *love* having a 24 hour gym...it's awesome!!!

I did get to talk to a couple of close friends today and we're all going to have a cookout on Monday and knock back a few beers (light beers for me, of course, and I'll be limiting myself to 2 at the most). We used to get together almost every day we were off (1/2 of the year, ha ha) and drink...I used to could put the drinks down like a pro but not anymore. Thankfully, 1 of them is also on SB so I'll have someone to commiserate w/ while not getting sloppy drunk Monday. LOL
Closed Thread