Thread: September Chat
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 12:21 PM   #15
pattygirl63

S/C/G: 238/212/150

Height: 5'2'

Leeann I can't help you with the periods either. I must say I was one of those lucky ones like an aunt I had who had no real problems going through menopause. When it came time my periods just stopped and the only discomfort I had was hot flashes. I agree with CandEsthat you should see your doctor about what is going on.

CandEs This morning I remembered one of my Mama's cousins I talked to years ago. She and her sister (looked like twins but weren't) were always thin. I remember as a teenager asking one of them how they stayed thin. I knew they low carbed although not much was known about that in the 1950s and I'm not sure why I even asked as I was very thin at the time. Any way today I remembered what she told me. She said, "If I eat bread, I don't eat potatoes. If I eat potatoes, I don't eat bread". I suddenly realized that most people back then didn't eat as much starchy foods as they do today. When I was growing up we ate what was called balanced meals and rarely ate junk/fast food and sweets were usually holiday foods. I may have to cut out all starchy foods too, but right now I'm just eating a very minimum amount. Time will tell.

Lindy Glad you are back.

Fatmad, Synger and everyone else reading this

Hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend.
I choose to believe "I CAN"!!!

pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote