Old 09-01-2010, 11:00 AM   #1  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Default September 2010

Happy September all! Let's keep all the great activity from August's thread going on here.... it was great to see so many posts last month.

We have our annual back-to school meeting this afternoon, so I guess it is official - summer is over. Bummer. Hopefully our awesome weather continues for a while, though.

I had a shocker this morning, a college friend of my DH, who was in our wedding, just lost her husband to a motorcycle accident on Sunday. She has a 14 year old daughter, and 3 stepdaughters who are in their late teens/early twenties. I am just in shock at the news, and feel so terribly sad for all of them. Life is just too short, and we can't take that for granted.

Last edited by Kimphin; 09-01-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #2  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all. late check in for me..had a busy morning.

kim-sorry to hear about your friend's husband. i guess being a military family, my DH and I have been in the mindset of never taking anything for granted.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:33 PM   #3  
plan 2 with lites

S/C/G: 194/178.6/145

Grats Jillian on making your goal!!!
So happy for you I remember how that feels lol... hope to be there again soon!

Happy September everyone!! I love the fall so i'm excited it's finally almost here I survived takeoff yet again, and had a 3.8 lb loss this time!! That really made my day. Not sure i'll be able to hit the gym tomorrow or Friday as both mornings I have kids appointments and the gym only has babysitting till 12. They do have babysitting from 5-8pm though so maybe i'll be able to make it then instead if I can get around the baby's fussy time I'm definately going to try. But either way i'm definately going on Saturday and Sunday. Gotta get out of the 180's!!! I never want to see that number on the scale again
heather314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Heather, Great TO result! 180's will be history soon, I'm sure.

Debbie, Have patience, the weight will go when it is ready. For me it always seems that my weight holds steady for an age and then will go through an amazing (but brief) period of dropping. So maybe, just maybe you are poised to see one of those amazing weeks.

Kim, We are having rain, so I'm sure the educators here in Oregon are having a double whammy today. Back to school and the summer suddenly seems ended. Sorry about the death of your friend. Motorcycles are just plain dangerous. Even if the person is cautious, other drivers don't see them, and it goes really badly for the motorcycle rider.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #5  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Kim -- I was running around for school today too...my mom was going to watch Cameron before/after school, but she just got a job offer, so I had to scramble to get a spot in the school's program...I made it by the skin of my teeth! I am sorry to hear about your friend's DH, that's terrible.

Heather - Congrats on surviving take off GReat loss! You sound like a woman on a mission

Debbie -- Chin up It's a new month, you get new opportunities to make great decisions. You can do this

Hi Jillian, Hi Barbara!

Nicole -- If you're reading, I hope you are feeling better!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:43 AM   #6  
WonderWoman

you're not even gonna believe this, but i'm at 164.4 this morning! wowzer.
i've been eating more calories, i guess my body likes this.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:47 AM   #7  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Jillian - what is the lowest you can remember being? You are doing great!!!! Your internal machine must be working at it's highest efficiency now - congratulations!

I still haven't gotten on the sclae - I feel like I've lost weight, and I just don't want to be let down by a number, so ... F it. I am going to let my clothes tell me the story for a little while. This is a new place for me to be, and it is kind of nice. Normally I am tracking where my weekly goals are for a couple of months out, then I have to reassess, reassess,reassess - and it becomes depressing and I quit. I am not going to do that this time.

Hurricane Earl is about to severely impact one of my 2 favorite places on earth later today - The Outer Banks of NC. I am hoping for the best for the residents and business owners there - it is really amazing how far out into the ocean Hatteras is - when you are there it is like you are on a little sandbar surrounded by water. Go away Earl!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Morning Ladies!!

How is everyone doing?

Jillian ~ You are rockin' it, WTG on 164! Looks like things are moving nicely.

Heather ~ woo hoo 3.8lbs is awesome!!

Barbara & Angie ~ Thank you for the encouragement.

With DS#3 I lost consistently while nursing and only had issues when I was closer to goal like everyone else but this time around its not going so smoothly. Little mama is doing well and has grown soo much on just mamas milk which makes me happy. I know I have my whole life to deal with my weight after i'm done nursing so for now i'm dedicating my body to her but still keeping mini goals so I dont let myself completely go.

Did I tell you girls that she's 7 months, crawling, sitting, and now even pulling up on furniture? Why does it go so fast? She's the sweetest little girl . She just came over to cuddle so i'm mush now, LOL.

Hope you are all having a good day!
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:58 AM   #9  
WonderWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimphin View Post
Jillian - what is the lowest you can remember being? You are doing great!!!! Your internal machine must be working at it's highest efficiency now - congratulations!

I still haven't gotten on the sclae - I feel like I've lost weight, and I just don't want to be let down by a number, so ... F it. I am going to let my clothes tell me the story for a little while. This is a new place for me to be, and it is kind of nice. Normally I am tracking where my weekly goals are for a couple of months out, then I have to reassess, reassess,reassess - and it becomes depressing and I quit. I am not going to do that this time.

Hurricane Earl is about to severely impact one of my 2 favorite places on earth later today - The Outer Banks of NC. I am hoping for the best for the residents and business owners there - it is really amazing how far out into the ocean Hatteras is - when you are there it is like you are on a little sandbar surrounded by water. Go away Earl!
i can't remember my lowest, except for the 178 in July 2008 (the last time DH was gone for 8 months) i don't know what my weight was in high school--but i think my senior year i was wearing size 12 or 14 pants.

and yes, i'm sad that the hurricane is near NC. i wish i still lived there, but thankful that i don't at times.
don't depress yourself, kim. just keep moving. remember its a LIFE LONG change. you're always going to have ups and downs. as long as you keep the course of being healthy, that's all that matters. screw the #'s or clothes sizes (yes, i know they matter) but the overall big picture is you're treating your body right.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:01 AM   #10  
WonderWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie24 View Post
Morning Ladies!!

How is everyone doing?

Jillian ~ You are rockin' it, WTG on 164! Looks like things are moving nicely.

Heather ~ woo hoo 3.8lbs is awesome!!

Barbara & Angie ~ Thank you for the encouragement.

With DS#3 I lost consistently while nursing and only had issues when I was closer to goal like everyone else but this time around its not going so smoothly. Little mama is doing well and has grown soo much on just mamas milk which makes me happy. I know I have my whole life to deal with my weight after i'm done nursing so for now i'm dedicating my body to her but still keeping mini goals so I dont let myself completely go.

Did I tell you girls that she's 7 months, crawling, sitting, and now even pulling up on furniture? Why does it go so fast? She's the sweetest little girl . She just came over to cuddle so i'm mush now, LOL.

Hope you are all having a good day!
debbie--my last little girl who turned 1yr old at the end of april is so laid back and not quick to do much of anything. i love that about her. she's very low maintainence and always happy, unless she's tired, hungry or in pain. she's got quite the weird personality and she keeps me laughing and entertained constantly!
it's good that you're prioritizing and putting yourself and nursing first. just make sure that you're doing healthy things (like i told Kim) and you'll be just fine.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:29 AM   #11  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Good morning, just checking in. My daughter went back to school today and I am thankful to get back into a bit more of a routine. I can't believe she is in high school and she is my youngest...yikes. Where has the time gone??? I was looking at Jillians pictures on facebook this morning of her kids especially the youngest one and those were some fun days.
I am going to see my Mom this weekend and we are going to can dills. I can't wait!
Then after the long weekend, I am starting a two day take off plan. I think I need to do it again and get myself a good start next week. My husband promises to help me stay away from sugars!!!!!
Anyways, have a great day everyone,

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:17 PM   #12  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Jillian -- What size are you wearing now for pants? I would have guessed you to be in a 10 or so, is that right? Feel free to tell me it's none of my business too!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:43 PM   #13  
WonderWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Jillian -- What size are you wearing now for pants? I would have guessed you to be in a 10 or so, is that right? Feel free to tell me it's none of my business too!
i have no clue to be honest..i wear jeans from Vanity (which they have all different styles and the sizes are waist sizes like guys jeans are, and with the different style (which have different names, etc.) you could wear a size 31 in one style and then a 31 in another style would be too small..it's weird. and i haven't been jeans shopping since 2008, but my 31's(with stretch) that i bought pre-pregnancy a getting loose. and my last measurements i took in mid august, my waist was a 32.5. so i have no clue. but i'm gonna have to shop sometime in the near future. i was thinking xmas time..but maybe sooner?
Old 09-02-2010, 01:29 PM   #14  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hey all...

I am stopping by after a while. Just wanted to share with everyone that i completed my Masters yesterday and my research is being nominated for an award .

I am also moving to a bigger city in Alberta next month as I have a job opportunity.

Just wanted to share with you all

Great to know that everyone doing so well.

Take care
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:34 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

MJ, Congrats! It must feel wonderful to be done with your Masters and to be nominated for an award as well. That's great! I hope the job works out and you start a wonderful and rewarding career.

Jillian, You should go shopping and buy yourself a little something for your DH's trip home. Not that it has to be a dress, as I recall you not being big on dresses. You should have at least one thing that really shows off all your hard work with the weight loss and working out.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote