Old 08-31-2010, 02:50 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #237 Bale of Turtles Sizing Up Their Progress

We are the Turtles Group here at www.3fatchicks.com.
We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:52 PM   #2  
Chick

Check back to #236 because we had quite a few posts there.

Okay, I have an idea. How about patting ourselves on the back by naming one thing we are proud of this summer? I'll start by naming two.
1. I never made full mayo potato salad, not once, nada!
2. I exercises more than I ever have in a summer!

You know something? I may not be where I want to be, but I'm better than I was.
Judy
234.6/187.8/170's by Labor Day
Old 08-31-2010, 03:00 PM   #3  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Hello! I'd like to jump in and join here if that's alright...

I'm newish to the WW program and I'm tackling a big weight loss in baby steps. This summer was a rough one for me, as I reached my heaviest weight ever. BUT it's also the time when I decided to finally get moving and do something about my weight and I'm pretty proud of that.
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi all and happy Tuesday to everyone! Hot, hot, hot and super hot here! They are calling for some rain and that is a good thing because for once we actually need it!

Went out to supper last night with friends from work... ugh! There was truly not a good choice to be had on the entire menu... so I ate and am not going to worry about it. It was a wonderful place to eat out at but I will not be running back there any time soon!

Judy: I am knitting a baby blanket for our grandbaby that is due early next year... I am using some new chunky yarn and a real easy pattern... so far so good! I have croched (sp?) for years also but started knitting this past spring... love it! I am making a wrap for myself out of a super soft merino wool that is fabulous but have put that on hold for the baby blanket

Bandit: Great job on the yard work and also getting some relaxation time in!

Kim: It is great to see you posting... I hope that you are doing well!

Peanut: Welcome to our group, we are thrilled to have you with us.

Cherry: Chin up! You are doing great... just keep at it!

Tessa: What have you been up to lately?

fit4lif: I hope that you are doing well...

Ok - one thing that I am proud of... ok, maybe two:
1) I tried a new exercise and love it! Cycling/Spinning
2) I am back on plan for the most part, even with lots of falls I am still managing to stay upright for the most part

Have a great day all... I am not able to get online at work again so I will most likely be posting in the evenings.

Last edited by Princess1122; 08-31-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

So I broke down and had some fried chicken bad idea. I actually feel sick now. So yeah no more of that for me.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:14 PM   #6  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
to Peanutt! Great choice to join WW's and do the right thing for yourself. We're a great group of gals here. Tell us something about yourself and we'll do the same.

Princess, oh how wonderful to have a new baby joining your family. Very cool! I'm glad you like knitting. I like it too, but there were some patterns that were just too hard for me, so I switched back to crochetting.Hey, I just noticed your ticker at the bottom of your post. You've done great this summer! :

Bandit, that yardwork sounds tremendous. Whew! Weigh to go. That'll knock off some weight, I bet.

Cherry, I think of you all the time. You remind me of me when I had little guys and now my oldest is in his early 40's. Okay-----really, where did the time go? Good luck with your eating.

KimL and Tressa and all the young gals-----hi! how are you doing?

Gotta run, just wanted to welcome peanutt.

Judy
Old 08-31-2010, 10:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Peanutt - Big welcome to you! I am sure you will enjoy this group of wonderful ladies.

Princess - you must be really excited about the new grandchild, that will be so much fun and as Judy, said you really have done well this summer.

Judy - good idea about listing accomplishments.

Can't believe how hot it is. On the news today it said yesterday was the hottest day of the summer.

Once again I have struggled this summer and have not lost much at the scales.
But - I did go to my meetings even when I didn't want to face the scales.
Journalled faithfully (even though alot of days were on the high end)
Had a positive attitude about this crazy weight loss journey.

Everyone else - hope you are having a great week and find success at the scales.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:29 PM   #8  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Thanks for the warm welcome!

To let you know a bit about myself - I'm 28 years old, married for almost 4 years, no kids, one dog. I live in Alberta, Canada. I love to read and take photos. I'm pretty open, so if there's anything you'd like to know to get to know me, just ask.

I'm really excited to get to know all of you too!

Princess - congratulations on the upcoming grandbaby. What a lucky baby to get a handmade gift that will likely be treasured for years!

Last edited by peanutt; 10-12-2010 at 12:06 PM.
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:48 AM   #9  
Chick

Hi Peanutt,
Glad to get the autobiography of you! I'll reciprocate. I'm a retired elementary school teacher. I've been thinner than I am now and I've been heavier. I think I've finally got the idea of losing weight and what it takes in my head. This is a great group of gals. For me, I like to read, crochet, spend time with my dh, write. Last November I joined NaNoWriMo and wrote a novel. I'm planning on doing that again this November. Weight loss is constantly on my mind and I am a member of WW and attend weekly meetings. I've been going for quite a while and have a nice group of friends there. I have three grown children, all married, and three grandchildren. I'm very lucky. I live in NY on Long Island and enjoy walking at the sound on the boardwalk. I love to watch the ocean and I love to swim------but swimming pools are more my style now. I feel very young for my age and I love this group!

I'm heading out now to my meeting. Everybody have a great day. We're facing hot hot days and the possibility of a hurricane moving in.

Judy
Old 09-01-2010, 06:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Today has been a so so day. Eating hasn't been great but it hasn't been completely crazy either. My test today didn't help my eating at all.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good evening everyone!

Looks like it is going to rain here tonight and tomorrow... we need it so no complaints. Eating has just not been good for me thing week! Ugh... I will get it together though. I was at the gym twice over last weekend but this week has been kind of strange and off track so I have not made it there yet... tomorrow is W/I, I know I am way up but that is ok... I will keep at it!

I am in a rush this evening so this is just a quick fly by... have a great evening everyone!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:13 PM   #12  
Chick

There's something in the air because I've had trouble getting completely back on track too. Here's and to help us all out.
Went to WW mtg. today, but my regular leader was on vacation and I'm not loving the sub we had. She's much younger and a body builder and kind of pooh-poohs exercise under 45 minutes or so. Well, not inspiring to me anyway. I chose not to WI and am counting on a better week and more exercise. The good thing is that I track my exercise by putting dots on my calendar for each exercise. Outstanding how many dots were on my calendar this year! I also use Flylady and her calendar so I start a new year calendar in Sept. It was fun to see how active I've been this past year. Starting with last May I got busy and also ate better which accounted for the 25# I lost last year. Now I've got to get busy and break into the 170's which is my aim for September. Princess, do you know what's bugging you? I know my deal is that I'm doing lots of things I prefer not to do and rather than being a grownup and speaking up, I do things I resent and then I eat over it. I'm going to re-read Geneen Roth's book tonight and see what she's got to say about that. To be honest, I'm trying to eat without distractions. One baby step at a time. We can do this!

Live4evr. Tests cause stress. When I was a student, I would "stuff" the knowledge into me by eating foods that weren't healthy. I'm sure that never helped me learn any better. WE're all pulling for you. You can do this.

Judy
234.6/187.8/170's soon!
Old 09-01-2010, 10:00 PM   #13  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Itryharder~ I love your dots idea and am probably going to steal it!

Princess1122~ Everything going okay? Anything causing extra stress right now?

life4evr~ Ugh I hated tests and would always find myself eating more around test time.

peanutt~ WELCOME! What's your favorite type of exercise?

bandit2
~ Looks like you did a lot of positive stuff this summer, which will help you big time as you keep going!

Everything's going pretty well right now. I did see a new number on the scale this morning which was exciting. I'm hoping to see it again this week so I know it wasn't a fluke, but I know due to my late dinner tonight, I probably won't see it tomorrow.

My feet are pretty sore from spending so much time on them today, but a good nights rest should help get them in a better place for tomorrow. I really need to invest in some new sneakers as I am walking a minimum of 3 miles a day for my workout, and who knows how many miles chasing kids and waitressing. I'm thinking the mileage on my shoes is probably over what it should be.

Everyone have a great night!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #14  
Chick

Good Morning Turtles,
KimL, what an uplifting post. for the new number on the scale. That is very good news.

Hey, I keep saying I need new sneakers and then I don't make time to buy them, so you gave me a good reminder. I think I'll grab my sneakers and simply order them online. They were good, but now the support is shot. Thanks@

Judy
234.6/?/into the 170's by 9/30
Old 09-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone

Princess - you sound down in the dumps. Shake it off and get back to it (easier said than done) but when we focus and find structure we all do well.
Good luck.

Judy - I hear what you saying about the leader. Funny how some are really motivating while others just get under your skin. Hang in there.

Kim - good shoes are a must when you are walking that much, but good for you for getting in the exercise.

My girlfriend came for dinner last night and I had premade a cottage roll, cabbage and some rice. So fast easy dinner. But according to my scale it showed I was up a # from day before & I kept on track all day. Was wondering if the salty meat could be the culprit and hoping it will disappear by tonight since I have my weigh in.

Calling for rain next few days (and we really need it) so will be doing indoor stuff this weekend & hoping to get up to trailer for at least 1 night. My daughter is having friends up there overnight for 1 night since it is long weekend.

Judy - I love that you start your near year in Sept, that is different. But really once falls starts, it does seem new.

New season, new challenges - any ideas?
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote