South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 06:57 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Toasty Tuesday

94? Really? and in the 60s this weekend. Gotta love New England (Karen - was it you that said everyone says that about their weather? )

Good morning friends. I'm already working and mapping out my plan for the day. It's too hot to spend time in the car figuring out where to go next.

Debbie - Wow, you are a serious bike rider! I biked 13 miles once this summer and was all impressed with myself.

KO - congratulations! the bartering sounds good. can't wait to hear more

Okie - welcome back!

Lisa - it's so nice to read your updates. Glad things are going so well and love seeing you around here.

Rikki - I think the biggest problem with fat is all the calories. I'm pretty careful and try to keep mine under 30%. What does Macdougall recommend?

Anne - weekends

Natasha - wow, I keep watching your progress. You are amazing!

everyone I missed

I'm planning out my day. Not sure I dare bring lunch even in a cooler in this weather. If it sits in the car a couple of hours that might be more than the ice packs can manage. Hmm.

Hope your day includes a cooling breeze and just the right amount of sunshine
Old 08-31-2010, 07:04 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi, Cyndi! I am just waking up but wanted to say before you take off for the day. It sounds like a good day for iced coffees. I don't think it will be that warm here.

My plan is to just keep pluggin' along. Nothing exciting except for revealing my grand total on my bike this month for the exercise thread-I really tried to get the numbers up and it was fun!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-31-2010, 07:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Well hey there Cyndi! Just you and me today? Yep, I was the one who said that. I bet the cooler with ice will be fine if it sits unopened.

I am hosting book club tonight and have planned a mostly healthy menu. Lots of cleaning and shopping and prep to do today. I hope the rain holds off long enough to get a bike ride in first! Poor DS has to get up early for a before school meeting. Only two weeks in and he is already so tired he fell asleep on the family room floor last night!

And there's Debbie! I'll have to go check out your bike total. I hope the season lasts a long time for us both, although I seem to remember you go pretty much year-round.

Hello to everyone who comes later
Old 08-31-2010, 07:39 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Karen! It sounds like a busy day for you! I enjoy having events at my house because it motivates me to get everything spiffed up. I just went outside and it's sprinkling, so I went ahead and put in my bike total for the month. 107 miles-almost 12 hours. Thats good for me! After having such a disasterous month with the family in July, the exercise thread was a good motivator for me.

Have a great, busy day!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:39 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Sounds like everyone is doing well. I am still plugging along.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:15 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
The hubs and I had an argument this morning. then half my lunch exploded in the bag.
Today will get better!
bbl
Kierie
Old 08-31-2010, 09:20 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning! Look at me, on here before noon! I'm totally stoked, a friend of mine that I hired to be my assistant back in 2004 is interviewing here today. Hopefully she wins them over and scores the 2nd interview! She'd be a great addition to our company!

Had a nice lazy night last night, watching Food Network. Tonight is probably going to be the same thing, possibly a movie with Anna. Volleyball tomorrow, late night at work Thursday, and then Friday at 4:55 = VACATION! YAYYY!

Gotta get working. Hope everyone has a great day!

Kier- Hope your day gets better hon!

Lisa
Old 08-31-2010, 09:39 AM   #8  

Hello everyone
Yesterday was my first official day and I must say I did really well. I envy you gals for being here so long and doing so well. Hopefully I will be able to do the same.
Had a tough day, my aunt is really ill and may not make it till the end of the week she is only 56. She lives in South Africa and I got to speak to her, probably for the last time.
Then my sister called heartbroken from a failed relationship of 2 and a half years. So I was really emotional. But stuck to my SB foods and got through the day.
Today I have tons of errands to run so I'm off, have a great day.
By the way here in Ohio its already 88 F and only 10:00 am!
Old 08-31-2010, 11:27 AM   #9  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

For some reason this website is giving me fits this morning!

Cyndi- I don't know that he recommends a specific amount, but fatty veggies are kept to a minimum and he recommends waiting until you have lost your weight or on special occasions to eat them(avocados, olives- two of my faves!) Also, he recommends not cooking with any oil or salt... I have been sauteeing everything in water or veggie broth... other than that its whole grains and vegan diet...
and welcome to my world- the heat! BUT, looks like a nice high of 89 today for us! that is fantastic! LOL, I am sooo ready for fall!

usam-

Well, for me its reunion junk today. I am really really ready for it to just be over with... I just got our schedule of events for the evening and I have to speak?! even if its a planned couple sentences I don't do good in front of people and feel like I will look like an idiot if I look at a paper while I say two sentences! OY! I am already having anxiety about it! So funny how I meet and talk to new people everyday in my job and talking to a group freaks me out so bad!*sigh* well, nothing I can do about it right now so on with the list of things to get done today... I will try to check in later!
Old 08-31-2010, 12:19 PM   #10  
honeysox

S/C/G: 216/207/150

Height: 5'4"

Congrats usam on making it through your first day.

Kierie, sorry about the argument and the lunch explosion. Always look on the bright side though: you could have argued with your lunch, and then your husband could have exploded. : ) (I'm hoping to cheer you up. If I failed, please ignore me . . . )
Old 08-31-2010, 01:29 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 294/197/160

Height: 5'6"

Cyndi: I just got back from New England yesterday and the weather was beautiful! We enjoyed three full days on the beach!

KO: I really hope your day gets better. I hate having arguments with my boyfriend in the morning because it dampens my whole day. Go buy yourself a pretty bouquet of flowers!

Debbie: Great job on the bike! I don't get out on mine enough.

Good morning (or afternoon) to rest of you! I hope you are all having a wonderful day so far.

It is warm and dry hear in Denver, fall is definitely in the air and I am loving it! I am looking forward to dragging out the sweaters and thick socks soon. This time of year also means I get to start wearing my closed toe selection of shoes

I put on a size 12 for first time since middle school this morning! Yippee. I was also successful over the last weekend with not screwing up my diet while on vacation. I even lost a pound.

Keep up the good work girls, have a beautiful day!
Old 08-31-2010, 02:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

Debbie - It was sprinkling here too but we decided to try to ride since the next few days are supposed to be filled with rain. But then the thunder sounded before we got going so we gave up. Wouldn't you know it was over in minutes and has been sunny again!

Kierie - I hope the day has improved.

Usam - So sorry about your aunt.

Rikki - Well the classic suggestion is to picture your audience in their underwear but I am not sure that would work for me! I'd probably turn red in the face.

Lindsay -
Old 08-31-2010, 02:38 PM   #13  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I am back. I am totally embarrassed by my continous in and out but I am really really ready this time! So, don't mind me, I'll just try to jump back in! Doing well so far today and thinking of even trying a new group ex class at my gym today -- eeek! I am back to school and back to me this Sept!!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:42 PM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeysox View Post
Kierie, sorry about the argument and the lunch explosion. Always look on the bright side though: you could have argued with your lunch, and then your husband could have exploded. : ) (I'm hoping to cheer you up. If I failed, please ignore me . . . )
You cheered me up!

Usam, sorry to hear of all the stuff going on in your life right now.

Rikki, will you be done with the reunion stuff??

everyone!

I did something I've never done before. I rode my bike 40 miles-from Aspen back to my house. It is a very gradual downhill BUT we rode into a headwind the whole way! We even pedaled going down hills. I was willing to throw in the towel a little early but DH said he wanted to be able to say he did it....I'll bet we will be sore tomorrow!

See ya'll tomorrow!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:46 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Hello everybody!!! It's a nice 73 degrees here in Georgia at 2130 hrs...not too shabby. I'm sure it's only b/c there's a category 4 something or other coming this way, LOL.

Cyndi - Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. They really mean a lot. Whenever I have to pack a lunch for a detail where I don't have access to a refrigerator, I'll freeze my bottles of water and put them underneath my food and then cover the top w/ some ice in a plastic ziploc bag. The drinks thaw out throughout the day and are nice and cold still by the time I eat my lunch.

Lexxiss - Congratulations on all those miles you got in on your bike. I have a good friend who rides every day (which is funny b/c we used to laugh at how his bike was just a conversation piece sitting in the living room of his apartment before) and I have nothing but admiration for the both of you. I haven't ridden a bike in years...I get on now and after 5 minutes I'm like "screw this!!!" LOL Watching him ride 15 - 20 miles at a time just astonishes me. I'd need an air conditioning unit on that bicycle!!! LOL

Kierie - I sure hope your day got better. Those early morning arguments tend to just set the tone for the whole day. Hope you guys have kissed and made up by now.

weezle - OMG, I could watch Food Network all night long. I love watching Iron Chef (why in the world does ANYBODY choose to go up against Morimoto??? LOL) and Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.

usam - So sorry to hear about your aunt. I'm glad you got to speak to her, but I know it doesn't make it any easier. Congratulations on a good first day!!!

honeysox - LOL at the husband exploding...although somedays I would imagine you married ladies would rather your husband explode than your lunch, LOL

Lindsay - Wow, congratulations on the size 12!!! I'm your same height and I can't wait until I get down closer to your size.

Hello and good afternoon to all of you that I may have missed. Another day at work...I'll be here until 0530 hrs and then I'll be heading out to get my last workout for August in (I explained it in the August thread, but it's not a new day until I've gone to sleep and gotten back up, LOL). Found a recipe online for Chicken Adobo that I'm gonna try tomorrow...yum!!!

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Closed Thread