Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 06:56 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Tuesday 8/31/2010

Post your introductions and questions right here!

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! The BEST Ideal Protein Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures: The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!
Old 08-31-2010, 06:57 AM   #2  

Default overnight highlight reel

Yesterday's thread at 9:58 EDT

Highlights:
- lots of great information about thyroid levels (could be linked or cross-posted in thyroid thread, hint hint) from makeitmatter and Jacqueline
- gibster with a chewing gum referral
- Stacey41 announced her arrival at the Phase 2 station over the weekend
- WyoSun and sillyputty popped in
- JessicaCourez had a bladder capacity/urgency question
- Our SuperCommitted IPrs (MotherDuckMJ and Jacqueline) connected about their relief i
- Linden and Novak again jumped in with some great answers to questions

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 08-31-2010 at 07:19 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:05 AM   #3  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default Ah, hah!

Sorry to admit that I'm up at 1:03 HST. But this is my first chance to say GOOD MORNING before anyone beats me to it.

I am so on my way to bed.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:13 AM   #4  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Yesterday's thread

placeholder till I actually read it!
It's a must read.

I really want to echo the sentiments of others here about the new folks on board... particularly those MJ calls the "300 plus club," who are my heroes. The quality of the posts here, the positivity and encouragement, the knowledge, the attitude, the humor... all I can say is, "WOW." What a great forum this is shaping up to be. It is so inspiring to check in here lately.

And much appreciation to I'm svelting! for proving that cats can indeed be herded. You just need persistence, dedication, humor, and a light touch. Thank you, my friend for having all these qualities.

Novak
Old 08-31-2010, 07:22 AM   #5  

Default our own private chat board for a few minutes

hey Novak My name for that club is the SuperCommitted! I agree that these ladies are heroines -- their courage to give up being resigned about what they can do and willingness to try again is breathtaking. Go TEAM!
Old 08-31-2010, 07:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
hey Novak My name for that club is the SuperCommitted! I agree that these ladies are heroines -- their courage to give up being resigned about what they can do and willingness to try again is breathtaking. Go TEAM!
I second (or third?) that!
Old 08-31-2010, 07:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/153/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! Ok does anyone else here weigh daily? I know I need to stop this, but I'm like an addict! Lol. I can't stop myself, but I also know that it could be bad on those days that Im either up a few ounces or the same. So do most of you wait until your IP weigh in; or weigh daily? Hoping I'm not the only scale addict in the house!
Old 08-31-2010, 07:37 AM   #8  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Melissa - it's a delicate balancing act to keep your TSH around 1 or whatever your number is.. Too high and you have hypothyroidism and too low you have hyperthyroidism. Doc requires blood work every 6 months and have had it done for years. (Done at Quest through request from his office.) I thought with this weight loss I would take less medication, but so far it hasn't changed at all. The symptoms of lethargy, brittle nails, foggy brain, hair loss and the inability to lose weight can all be related to thyroid function. My doc said the weight would be the last to get back to normal. Until IP it never has! By the way most feel once you are on thyroid medication, you are on it for life. Hope you get answers to your questions.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 08-31-2010 at 07:39 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

I'm so disappointed. I got a big fat 0 for my weightloss this week. I needed 1lb to transition to phase 2! Ugh. Let me tell you why.

I got over confident and have not being weighing and measuring my food. Obviously, I overestimate. I ate way too many cherry tomatoes this week (2 pints), they are off limits at the farmers market this week. I'm really sad that it didn't go well, but I'm glad I didn't gain. I'm so very very tired of dieting. By the looks of things, I still have 5 weeks as I need to transition. I can and will do it, but let me tell you, I'm not happy and positive today. I feel bratty and childish.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:13 AM   #10  
Began IP 8-18-10

S/C/G: 179.7/152.9/130

Height: 5'3'

Just wanted to say good morning to every one! Tomorrow is my Week 2 weigh in and I am looking forward to it! I will admit I look daily at my scale, but the one at the gym is the one I go by.

I love reading all of the encouraging words! Have a great day!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:17 AM   #11  
Started IP 8/29/10

Height: 5'6"

Cptswife - good morning! I just stepped off the scale myself, so you're definitely not alone !

I started IP on Sunday (this is day #3) and I'm so excited about the changes on the scale, that I've been checking at least once or twice daily . After this first week, I hope to scale that back (ha ha, pun intended ) to two or three times a week maximum just for a *peek*.

Have a wonderful day,
Pinky
Old 08-31-2010, 09:00 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
I'm so disappointed. I got a big fat 0 for my weightloss this week. I needed 1lb to transition to phase 2! Ugh. Let me tell you why.

I got over confident and have not being weighing and measuring my food. Obviously, I overestimate. I ate way too many cherry tomatoes this week (2 pints), they are off limits at the farmers market this week. I'm really sad that it didn't go well, but I'm glad I didn't gain. I'm so very very tired of dieting. By the looks of things, I still have 5 weeks as I need to transition. I can and will do it, but let me tell you, I'm not happy and positive today. I feel bratty and childish.
Sorry to hear of your disappointment. UGH and HUG! On a strict Phase 1 it probably won't take you a week to drop 1 lb. You may be there tomorrow! I had a 0 last week. Two days of following the protocol to the letter and I'm down 3 by my scale.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:24 AM   #13  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Sorry to hear of your disappointment. UGH and HUG! On a strict Phase 1 it probably won't take you a week to drop 1 lb. You may be there tomorrow! I had a 0 last week. Two days of following the protocol to the letter and I'm down 3 by my scale.
Thanks. I'm just going to tighten my boot straps and do it. I've had insomnia this past 2 weeks so I know that really messes with my weight too. I'm technically *in* the buffer zone where I can mentally be, but I know I will put on a few lbs when I reintroduce carbs back. One day at a time huh?
Old 08-31-2010, 09:28 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey
If you're in this 1 range, does that mean your thyroid is working strongly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden
At the beginning of treatment my TSH was tested every 6 weeks. Now it's every 6 months.

And "does that mean your thyroid is working strongly?" I truly don't know. I certainly don't have the energy level, short term memory, hair, etc. I did pre-hypothyroidism. As to what I would be without medication? Vegetative, apparently. BUT, everyone is different. I hope Bev and others answer.

It seems to be about the right range for those of us who have been on medication for awhile. Like Linden says, things aren't the same as they were pre-hypothyroidism, but I certainly couldn't function without the medication. Thyroid conditions tend to run in families. Both of my grandmothers had problems. My middle son, who is an M.D., has been diagnosed hypothyroid and is on synthroid. He also had his vitamin D level checked and was at 5. Mine was 10 and was considered seriously low. My son's doctor said his was the lowest he had ever seen. I suspect my oldest son has both problems too, but I can't get him to get tested. So while you're getting your thyroid testing done, maybe you could get your vitamin D level checked as well. It impacts our health in so many ways.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:36 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/See Ticker/150

Hi Everyone,

Jennifer - I too weigh myself every day and use it as a weight loss tool. First of all the number is just data, it is a number. Secondly, for me, weighing myself makes me accountable, to me. Lose or gain, it is a step to taking better care of myself and doing what "I need to do" to reach my goal.
Closed Thread