S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: August 30-September 5

New Pages!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:29 AM   #2  

Good morning to most and good afternoon to Jojo.

It's a new week in the neighborhood, so let's all do what we're supposed to do.

My "supposed to" week includes daily posting to myfitday.com to try to understand more about my diet and getting more cardio exercises at the gym. I won't get on the scales but I know I've put on some pounds because of the way my clothes fit. Although I do exercise, I have really cut back on my walking because of the heat, and I can tell it. But, the gym is air conditioned and there are treadmills....so, what is my excuse, really?

Have a great day everyone. (around midnight Vickie told us she loved us! Catch the vibe!)

Rhonda
Old 08-30-2010, 09:32 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning/Afternoon Chicks!

Rhonda is right. It's a new day and a new week. I'm ready to take some more positive steps. I, too, will be walking more. My hiatel hernia restricts my exercise but it does NOT keep me from walking. So walk I shall. Today is Jenny and Doctor day. I'm sure I'll need a walk when we get home but only if it's not too hot.

Sandra, I'm with you.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:41 AM   #4  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had a very busy day & weekend.Now I'll have to take a rest today and get my house in order with a little laundry. Than the new week of events will start all over again tomorrow.Being the doctors than visiting my friends friend in a nursing home that fell on her steps and soon as she better she will be released.Wed to the movies Thurs bible study than back to my doctor and On Fri the PB club. Over the weekend hit the beach if the crowds aren't to bad.There predicting 3 million people in a 50 mile radius will be visiting us this weekend YIKES!!! hope no hurricanes will be in the area as we only have 2 bridges to get get on of off.

Went to the movies to see Eat Pray Love was good in my book,but my friend didn't like it she thought it was too long and see didn't like the part in India.Otherwise she like it.

RHONDA-Thanks for the pages,wish you all the best with your diet & exercising.I decided to go back to low carbing & get rid of my breads and going back to the Revolution Rolls now that the hot humidity is gone for a while I'll be able to turn the oven on again.

VICKIE-Wishing a good W-I at JC I get to go back to basics also, I'm already joined another challenge for Sept to Thanksgiving,to get down to my first 10% goal of 150.

Oh MG had no idea what time it is I have to go and start today's work in order to go out all this week.See you guys later
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:40 AM   #5  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Cor! What a busy morning and barby yet to come. It is a public holiday today so Mark and I went to an open street market. We had a lovely morning, but it's hard on the feet. When we got home we took the dog for a walk and met everyone we knew. I didn't think we would ever get back to our house and it felt as if I had size 6 feet inside a size 3 shoe.

I think it was Vickie asking what we talked about on girls nights in. Well, we started having girls nights out 30 years ago, but now we stay at home. The person whose house it is in cooks the main meal, the one who hosted last time brings the starter and the one who hosted before that, brings the sweet course. EVERYONE brings a bottle, the excess bottles we save up for Christmas and have a party for partners.
We used to talk about fashion, make up, kids school, PTA etc etc. Now we talk about our aches and pains, where to get good value Glucosamine and the big one... having to get up at night to spend a penny. I don't know about the rest of you, but I often go so often at night, I'm thinking of sending out change of address cards.

Talk to you all tomorrow. Jo
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:41 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Good morning. It's great to have a new week with a new month. Those are good times to "renew" good habits. Curtis is on the backporch visiting with a friend. I'm on the computer waiting for time to go get a shot. I'm really glad Curtis is able to get around so well. He's not even using a cane most of the time now.

Vickie, was JC good to you today. And the doctor? I am thinking he was probably impressed. He should have been.

JoJo, I got tickled reading about your girls night in. Sounds familiar. Have fun with your festivities today.

Maryann, thank you for the heads up on the movie. I think I'll catch it on DVD later instead of going to see it on thebig screen.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:58 PM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

I was down .6 today but with the small gain last week, I only lost .2 virgin ounces. I'll take it after the party this weekend. Now for the Doctor.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:39 PM   #8  

Hello, my name is Polly and I want to lose 20 lbs. to start. I like Vickie’s slogan so I may re-phrase that to I want to lose 5 lbs. four times. I am a former WW member and counted points at that time. Since then I haven’t had any success with the points system when going it on my own. I like all Core foods, virtually all of them, so I am hopeful this will lend itself to better success.

I will be 47 in a few weeks, am 5’ 5” and weigh around 160, give or take a couple of lbs. The 140 range is so much healthier for me. All my weight is in my middle and butt (and a little in my boobs!) but I am most concerned about the waistline and its effect on my long-term health. In the past year I have been put on high blood pressure meds, which I believe is from weight gain. I quit smoking over eight years ago.

I exercise 3-4 days a week, but then sit ALL DAY LONG at a desk job, then at home, so I probably burn less calories than some.

It is a comfort to see a group of people with a common plan. I plan to weigh in on Fridays. This Friday can be my benchmark.

Nice to meet you.
Polly
pollyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:56 PM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Welcome, Polly!!! How exciting to have new folks join us on our journey.

I did ok at the Gastro Dr. today. I'd lost 30 pounds since I was there last and he was quite thrilled. I got my med prescription and he encouraged me to keep going with the weightloss. I've aggravated the hiatal hernia and must take it REAL easy for a while. Then I went grocery shopping. Sigh.

Us woman...superwomen.

I'll be back later.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:11 PM   #10  

Polly. You've come to the right place if you want to meet a nice group of women who encourage and support one another on this journey.

Vickie, good for the doctor for being encouraging. And, good for you for the weight loss, of course

At the gym today a few of us talked about being frustrated about working out so hard and not losing weight. So, we committed ourselves to a week of squeaky clean eating, staying away from refined foods, eating as close to "raw" as possible, focusing on leat meat, vegs and fruit. We'll see if that helps. There is no doubt that I am gaining muscle but still have to lose fat. I spent 20 minutes doing intervals on the elliptical, in addition to lifting.

I also learned from my trainer that one reason swimming is so good for you is that the water actually compresses the joints and the tendons around them so that swelling is reduced, etc. I know that sometimes I just crave getting in the pool after lifting weights.

I hope you all have a good evening. (Sandra, good to hear about Curtis)

Rhonda
Old 08-30-2010, 07:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies. I have been op, so far, today I have a core supper planned along with a sweet treat for after dinner coffee. I cooked again this weekend and prepared some breakfast foods, so now I have no excuses. I'm hoping this week will be pretty quiet, so maybe I can actually stay in control for a few days.

Sandra, my friend went to see Eat, Pray, Love, and she loved it. She thought it was definitely a big screen kind of movie because of the scenery. I have not seen it, myself. Sounds like Curtis is really doing well, yay!!

Rhonda, thanks for starting us up again. As usual, you sound like you are motivated.

Vickie, congrats on your good day with Jenny and the doc. You are doing great. Slow and steady wins the race!!!!

Maryann, all of your outings sound like fun. I hope the crowds don't get too bad and the weather stays good. How are you feeling?

Jojo, your girls' group sounds fun. It's awesome that you have been together so long. I loved your story about going to the market, but I'm sorry your feet hurt.

Polly, welcome to our little group! We are all losing weight in different ways, even though this is the core board. I am eating core foods myself, but others do low carb, low cal, and any combination that comes up. Hopefully we can give you some pointers and encouragement. Stick around!

I've got a date with the laundry room, so I'd better get off here. I'll check in later. TTFN

Last edited by sloanie; 08-30-2010 at 07:26 PM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:48 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Polly. Hop right in and post away. We're glad to have you here and look forward to getting to know you better.

Curtis drove me to the hospital for my injection today. The man amazes me. Also, he's lost about 15 pounds. I am very happy for him. I will weigh next Tuesday to see how well I've been doing.

Rhonda, I think you and your friends have a great idea. I hope you get the success you're wanting.

Vickie, congratulations on your loss. Any loss is a great loss. Now take it easy and heal.

Sloan, you may be right. Maybe if we have a girls' day out soon, we'll go see it. I just don't think it would be a movie Curtis would like. He'd watch it here at home, though.

Well, Chickies, it's late and I'm tired. I'll catch ya'll later.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:44 AM   #13  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Going to the doctor this morning and hope that I will have questions answered why my left arm,hand and fingers are tingling.

Accounting to the AAA auto club we're expected to have way over 3 million people on the cape this holiday weekend. The say its going to be in a 50 mile radius. Bad News if we have Hurricane Earl come upon us, there s going to a big panic here as we only have 2 bridges going in & out of the Cape. People are still talking about Hurricane Bob back in the '80's.

JOJO-A street market sound familiar we have that over here in our town for the tourist. Sorry that your feet hurt,that's not fun but your night ow with the girls is a different matter. We used to have that when I was living in NY.

SANDRA-I have seen better movies,but we saw all the other movies in the theater/pub .My friend doesn't want to go to far as her DH is not healthy anymore so we have to stay close by.

SLOANE-I have the best friend ever and we do have lots of fun together. The crowds are going to be at a record high but with Hurricane Earl heading our way is going to be disastrous if it hits.I'm fine, my left hand from the neck to the shoulder is hurting anymore but my elbow hand and fingers are still tingling so I heading out to the doctor for a EMG to see whats going on.

POLLYWelcome, to the fold, you love it here,we're very special woman that support and care.

Have to get ready for the doctors,see you later
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:51 AM   #14  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Hello Polly. I'm only a couple of weeks ahead of you, but I have been made to feel very welcome and I'm quite at home. The girls on here are a lovely bunch and we all have the same aim. I'm in the UK, on the English side of the welsh border.

Hello everyone... Well the barby wasn't too bad. I behaved myself. I had a burger and a hotdog but ignored the fresh cream There were quite a few of us there and mercifully, the wind died down in time for us to enjoy a nice relaxed evening.

To be honest, I'm looking forward to a night in front of the TV with my knitting... sad eh?
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:49 AM   #15  

Good morning all:

I've been to the gym: 15 minutes on the elliptical and 45 minutes at a water aerobics class. I've had one piece of homemade whole wheat/wheat germ/olive oil bread with a bit of butter and large flake oatmeal with skim milk and blueberries. I'm planning lunch to be turkey breast and some kind of salad.

So far, so good.

I hope y'all have a good day. Watch out for those storms, Sloan and Maryann.

Rhonda