View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 02:31 PM   #5
mandalinn82
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Was it an opiate pain med? I am currently on/off of them for my shoulder, and I've had this issue. I think its related to their other gastrointestinal effects....they both make me nauseous and slow my digestion WAY down, so I end up not hungry for a few days. But I have blood sugar issues, so if I don't eat and then try to exercise, it goes poorly for me, so eating is necessary even if my stomach is rebelling a bit.

If you're concerned about getting yourself on a regular eating schedule, liquids can really help. I have a lot of protein shakes for breakfast when the meds make food sound unappealing.

One thing that I have noticed is that eating something, even if it doesn't sound good at the time, ultimately helps with the nausea/stomach ickiness associated with the meds. Warm water with lemon and ginger seems to help, too, probably by pushing my digestive system to get moving again.

No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch!

Maintained Oct 2007-Sept 2011, then got pregnant. Our baby boy was born in May, 2012...now to lose the baby weight!!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote