South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 06:05 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Mellow Monday

at least that's how I hope it goes.

Good morning Chicks I'm off to a meeting up north, actually two meetings rolled into one. Then I'll walk over to the DMV to get my new plates (I'm going to splurge and get the catamount plates) and back home.

Yesterday was a good day. I managed to get through most of my list so I'm starting the week in better shape. The only thing really hanging over my head is that dehydrator. I gave DW lessons in food dehydrating over the weekend so hopefully that will help. If she loads it every morning I can process at night. That will get us back on top of the veggies before the apples come in.

Apparently summer has decided to make an end of season return around here. It will be hot all week. I'm glad I have the new car with it's working AC. Being on the road with no AC is no fun in the heat. I know, I did it all summer. There are only so many shady parking spots!

I'm in the under three weeks to vacation count down, 8 days at Plum Island. I am so looking forward to getting away!

How is your week shaping up? Pull up a chair and a cup of whatever gets you going in the morning and say hello before you start your busy week.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/144/120

Height: 5'4"

Cyndi- Good luck with your meeting but you might need more luck trying to get your plates....lol I hate doing things like that!

Last week of summer vacation around here for the kids....Gonna be busy trying to get my 5 yr. old ready for the big day. I REALLY hope the winter is milder this year.

Gotta go to the market today and get yummy veggies!

Cin
Old 08-30-2010, 08:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Cyndi - It is still summer-like here too! Hope your day goes smoothly.

Cin - Kindergarten? That is exciting.

Today is DH's and my anniversary and we are going out to eat somewhere, as yet undetermined. I hate to limit him by picking a place where I won't be too tempted to overeat, poor guy. Conference call this afternoon; lots of housecleaning today and tomorrow for my book group; niggles. First off, a bike ride
Old 08-30-2010, 08:35 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Another sleep in, I think those long bike rides tire me more than I think. Dog walking, grocery shopping and pool this AM-rainy so no bike. I think I have a meeting this afternoon, but if not, I'm going to see if I can start planning meals on my computer.

Cyndi, safe and cool driving!

Cin, hope the veggies are good, I'm doin' that, too.

Karen, Happy Anniversery! I hope you have an enjoyable day!

I'm Mellow right now, we'll see what happens! Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 08-30-2010, 11:06 AM   #5  

Good Morning Ladies,

I'm back to SBD after a long time. I am on Day 3 of Phase 1. I remember the daily threads were so helpful before, so here I am! I know how well this works for me and makes me feel better, but it has taken me so long to get motivated. Life has thrown me a lot of curve balls, but I am ready to take care of myself.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:10 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies!
Cyn Summer is back with a vengence here too. . not complaining the cold is not that far away
Cin aww kindergaarten!!
Happy Anniversary Karen!
Debbie Mellow Rocks!

I'm doing a happy dance! After a week gluten and dairy free ph2 I'm down 8! I know it's all water but that's water I've been carryign all summer and then some! So I'll take it!
Work is busy big surprise and I'm goign to be starting a writing project for a wellness company we're bartering so the hubs and I will get personal training out of the deal!
ok back to the trenches!
Kierie
Old 08-30-2010, 12:34 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Default Happy Monday!

I am on Day 4, and have lost already 4 lbs! I am loving this diet! I read if you have alot to lose you can do 3-4 weeks oh PHase 1 and although it's really restrictive, I'm considering doing that because I think I'll be more motivated when I get down about 30 or 40 lbs! ANyone else do that and how much did they lose? WHat's the average loss on Phase 2? Thanks all for your help I am super excited! I canned peaches all weekend and it was HARD not to eat them LOL but I didn't do it!

Also, why did my thread on canning close? Just wondering, wanted to say thanx for the Agave suggestion it worked great. I canned 50 lbs of SBD friendly peaches!

Last edited by CyndiM; 08-30-2010 at 05:42 PM. Reason: merging threads
Old 08-30-2010, 12:39 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I'm back from Nigeria everyone! No more vacays for awhile!
Old 08-30-2010, 03:34 PM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Dana! Welcome back!

Kierie, yay! for 8 pounds gone!

Okie! Welcome back! Hope you had fun and are ready to hop back on SBD!
Old 08-30-2010, 04:19 PM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! Sorry I'm late, but today has been INSANE! Kinda crappy, rainy yucky here. We needed the rain but it's not fun thunderstorm type rain, just..... rain. Yuck!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! We're ALMOST finished shopping for Anna's birthday. Chris and I had a great weekend together. I love my sweet man!

Anyhoo, gotta get back to work. Break's over. Have a great day!

Lisa
Old 08-30-2010, 05:00 PM   #11  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good afternoon ladies! I have been busy busy lately- well, maybe not so much on vacation last week(which is why I was MIA) but hey it was vacation! So, after long time contemplating adding McDougalling into my diet I have decided to go for it. I started yesterday... Pretty much eating the same things I have been except cutting out the fat. I know I know some fat is good for you but until I lose weight fat is fat and I is fat... lol I will be adding some back in eventually ;0)

Cyndi- Yeay for vacations! And the conservation plates are awesome!

Cin, Dana

Karen- Happy Anniversary!

Debbie- I am trying to get better at meal planning(on the computer too-its just hard for me!, I am more of a spontaneous eater...lol)

KO- Yeay for you! can you tell you feel better too?

FO- Welcome back!

Lisa- Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! lol

OK, time to quit procrastinating and get my chores started... Such a lovely day I wish I had more of them to do outside!
Old 08-30-2010, 05:41 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersbluepits View Post
Also, why did my thread on canning close? Just wondering, wanted to say thanx for the Agave suggestion it worked great. I canned 50 lbs of SBD friendly peaches!
oops, closed it because the question was answered. Sorry!

Last edited by CyndiM; 08-30-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:11 PM   #13  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Finally back here to post in the daily. Strayed off plan Saturday. I always seem to have that issue on Saturdays. Last weekend I had Kashi pizza & for some reason, it set me off on a carb consuming binge. I really cannot eat it without problems! This weekend I have no good excuse for the pizza, beer & onion rings (But boy they sure were good!). Taking my daughter & her fiance out for their birthdays this week, but I will be good and stay OP. Still very hot and sticky here, but we're supposed to cool off a little and have rain for the next couple days. Computer issues at work are a little better as staff adjusts to the process. Hope you all had a great Monday!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:29 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Hello everybody. Just passing through. It's a relatively slow night at work (thank God after 2 murder-suicides last week) and I've already got all my paperwork done, so now I'm just killing time playing on the computer until I get a good call. Hope the day is going well for everyone.

Oh, and Happy Anniversary, Karen!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:30 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Oh, and Summer is sticking around here, too. It's actually been fairly pleasant this week w/ temps in the low 90s and getting down into the low 70s at night.
Closed Thread