Old 08-29-2010, 02:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/?/132

Height: 5'6"

Default What are you looking forward to in the short term??

I think all of us have those great long term goals - the "looking awesome in a bikini", "fitting into a size 6".. type goals. But for me myself, thats a long way away!! o I've been focusing on the awesome things that will happen as part of the progress.

I am super excited to buy a bra at a regular store - victoria's secret - ****, even walmart!!! I have a really depressing case of the 'fat girl with no boobs' syndrome. I was a 48-50 strap size but still an A to small B cup - it was IMPOSSIBLE to find bras sized like that and because I always looked at my weight was something that was fleeting - I never bothered to get custom bras. I always got the 48-50 in a C or D cup (whatever smallest one I could find) and with stuff it with tissue/sand filled balloons, anything...). Sometimes I will got a month in a sports bra just because it is easier!! Absolutely none of that is attractive and makes me feel soooo unsexy. If I was actually getting laid these days I can't imaging the hoops I would have to jump though to get the bra and tissues off without someone noticing!! And at that point, doesn't that qualify as 'false advertising'? LOL

All I want to do is go into a store and buy a regular bra!!!! My strap size is a 40 right now, So i could probably pull it off, but I'm waiting until I can go get a 36-38 B cup at a regular store - and I can't wait! In fact, its one of my main motivators right now!!!

What are you looking forward to doing --- in the short term??
GonnaTurnHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:10 PM   #2  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Love it! Well, I'm sorry for you, but you're quite candid about it. That's an awesome short term goal! I couldn't wait for the boobs to shrink! They have, but bras don't come in a 34 DDD either.

My current short term goal is not muffin top a pair of 10 jeans I have. I try them on every Saturday and that muffin top just won't go away. I was almost there yesterday though.

These jeans have a story behind them. When I bought them, I bought them at a thrift store for my 8 year old to wear. When I got them home I realized they'd been stuck in the little boys' section when in fact they were a women's pair of jeans. At the time, I was a size 20. They've been in my closet ever since. I've been taking pictures of myself trying to get into them since I was a size 20. Amusing pics, let me tell you!

Now I'm in them! But I still can't wear them out in public.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:29 PM   #3  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

I hear you on the boob thing. I have the opposite problem though. The larger size cups seem to be available at 36 bands and above. It's looking like I'm going to have to drop 75 big ones to get a bra that fits. I would not xhange that for the world because I can now buy clothes, even tops, in a "regular" store. I looked forward to that.

My next goal is to fit into these slim fitting size 12 jeans I got as a gift years ago that have never fit. I suspect vanity sizing has happened since I got them because I have size 12s that are loose. I can get them on, zipped, and buttoned but there is a bit of muffin top going on. I also look forward to taking holiday pictures this year without having to cock my head at weird angles to hide the chins.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 287/230.4/180?

Height: 5'9"

I've literally just hit one of my short term goals - which was modest, but just being able to buy a cute top off a clearance rack, or ****, anywhere, that actually fit me and wasn't a x or xx! A couple weeks ago I went into Kohls and saw a top with a cute neckline on clearance - it was a L. I tried it on, and it fit really well!! Literally the next day I was in Costco and they had some great collegiate tees, including my alma mater....I believe they were unisex, but I bought a M because it's what fit me best. I'm still floating on that one

My next short term goal is just to fit well into size 16 pants (I'm very pear shaped). I'm in size 18 now, which is great - but some stores don't carry 18s I have noticed, they stop at 16 (or else sell out of 18s LOL). Again, I just want to be able to find affordable cute clothes off the rack. Can't wait!
ORSewmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:50 PM   #5  
it IS all about me!!!

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/165ish

Height: 5'8"

I can't wait to be able to go shopping for 'transitional' clothes, lol - I'll haunt thrift stores since I don't plan to need them for long. Before I gained the weight I loved a good thrift store crawl - I dressed really well for pennies, lol - but fat chicks don't seem to donate clothes, or at least not cute ones. I know that I've worn mine to death. The only donation-worthy fat clothes I have are the new wardrobe I bought right before I went on this diet, silly me.
RobinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Biggest short term goal for me is to see my collar bones again! I know they're there, I can see a hint of them now....somewhere in the next 20 lbs, they're going to show up [as shown by prior experience]! I keep looking suspiciously in the mirror every morning, hoping for a little more of a hint of them lol.
althepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:45 PM   #7  
Leave shame behind

Height: 5'10"

Non-scale? Fit a size 18. I started at a 24/26. Right now I'm a 22, but they are getting loose. I have exactly 3 pairs of size 22 pants/jeans/capris and it gets BORING! I only have one pair of 20s, but tons of 18s from yesteryear. I look forward to some diversity in my wardrobe. Not to mention I haven't been an 18 in about 4± years.

Scale? Get under 300. 'Nough said.
Kismet89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Most of my main motivators are clothing - I can't wait to shop in a regular store. I am almost there....I bought a 1X top the other day and it's a bit big on me, I might be able to get away with an XL...and I am into a pair of size 14's I have (they are big 14's) - but in most pants I am at least a 16 or 18...which I can get in some regular stores but not the ones I like the most. I think probably another 15 pounds or so? And onederland, I can't wait to see that 1, only another 4 pounds to go!!!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Onederland, for sure. I'm at 209 this morning so im getting close! i can't wait until that scale starts with a 1 for the first time in forevers
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

This is a long-term goal that is now, hopefully, short term: pregnancy. I started all this because we have to use IVF to have a baby, and I wanted to maximize my chances for success (and save up some money!). It is really, really hard to have decided you are 100% ready to procreate and then have to not try for 14 months, let me tell you!

Anyway, 135 lbs later, this is the month we try (I am a teacher, so a June due date is highly desirable). I start meds next week. Eek!
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Shmead-- that's JUST AWESOME! Quite the accomplishment for 14 months! WOW!

Me, short term goal, definitely, is to fit a regular size 14 and Ann Taylor and/or Banana Republic-- not just one or two things in the store, but most anything.

I also wouldn't mind having my rate of loss be faster than one pound per month!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:56 PM   #12  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

My short term goal is to break through this current hump. I feel like I can't get *anywhere*, and I'm just dying to move on.

Just for background/ interest, I believe that I have turned my wardrobe over *completely* in the last 8 months. There is quite literally nothing that I wore in January left in my closet.

There are some adorable things in my small remaining "small size clothes" stash, and I'd love to move into them and have NO clothes in the next size down. It should happen in the next 15 pounds, but it will never happen if I can't get things moving again!

Last edited by calluna; 08-29-2010 at 10:57 PM.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:39 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

My short term goal is just to lose "new" weight. I've been gaining and re-losing the same 5-10 lbs since May.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:48 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 330/325/170

Honestly, my short term goal is just to be able to feel more self-confident as the weight comes off and feel happy in my own skin.
StarvingPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:51 AM   #15  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

My short term goal is to feel comfortable wearing pull over the head sweaters this winter. I had one that I loved to wear at home last year but I would not wear it in public because I thought that it showed my rolls. This year I will go shopping for a new one or ones. I just have to find the right kind that does not cling too much.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote