South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 05:55 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Weekend at the Beach

South Beach, that is. Well and Sandy Point for me I'm heading to the coast for the day. We are going to do a little birding and pick up the leftovers from DW's photo exhibit. It looks like beautiful weather right into Labor Day around here.

I'm not going to think about To Do lists or work week planning until tomorrow. I'm really taking a day off!

Thinking about Ruth and Cottage and their little cottage up North Bet they are having a great time

Hope your day includes something you fun, something relaxing and a sprinkle of sunshine.

Debbie, Matilda, Heidi, Karen, Lisa & other Daily friends Happy Saturday
Old 08-28-2010, 07:01 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I knew it would be quiet this AM and I had great plans for getting up early, too! Oh, well....I do think it's time for my coffee!

Ruth, Linda, Cyndi

I'll sip and await the next early riser!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-28-2010 at 07:04 AM.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

We're here and having fun. About to take off for our house in Cape Breton - after an on-plan breakfast, of course.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning chicks! My exciting plans for today include a Glee marathon. I never saw the show before and finally got the DVD from the library to see what I was missing, perfectly timed since DH is gone. I should make myself watch it all from the treadmill or elliptical!
Old 08-28-2010, 08:43 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Karen! Glee?? Hmm...never heard of it. It sounds like a good moment for the elliptical. I've been working on the cookbook project and trying to figure out a bike ride. There is a bike trail from my house all the way to Aspen, which is about 45 m one way. We're thinking of putting our bikes on the bus and riding down, at least part way.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:19 AM   #6  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Debbie, that sounds like a real adventure!
Karen, I need to google Glee. Hope you enjoy your marathon!
Cyndi, Cottage and Ruth I hope your weather is as beautiful as ours.

I slept in this morning - had to recover from the first days of school. I've got so much to do today, I've been ignoring the housework and the garden because I've been coming home so tired this week. I've got big plans for today though. The weather is beautiful so I'm looking forward to my walk and maybe a bike ride today too.

Hello to those who haven't checked in yet. Enjoy your weekend friends!
Old 08-28-2010, 03:34 PM   #7  
honeysox

S/C/G: 216/207/150

Height: 5'4"

A belated weekend hello to all! Struggling with carb cravings today, so I'll try to drown them with diet root beer . . .

Karen, I love Glee! I watched American Idol for the first time last season, and Glee came on right after. I'm a huge fan of musicals; I loved it from the get-go.

Have a lovely weekend. Yardwork here (always yardwork!) and then chicken meatballs and spaghetti squash for supper.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:38 PM   #8  
Celiac Diva

S/C/G: 187/185/145

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up

Hi everyone, happy weekend!

So it went from 106F on Tuesday and Wednesday to....drumroll please....

66F today?! Not that I'm complaining, but jeesh weather, make up your mind!

Going to enjoy time with the horses, then tonight we're going to see a play called "I Hate Hamlet." Should be fun, but I better layer up.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 294/197/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies!

I made it to Cape Cod safe and sound and have spreading the word about how great the South Beach has been to my friends and family. (They all thought I looked the best I have ever looked)
You are right Heidi, the weather on this side of the country could not be any better right now. I am looking forward to our vacation to Maine in September because it is so beatiful this time of year.

I have never seen an episode of Glee Karen, is it as good as all the hype?

I am glad you are all having a nice weekends!
Old 08-28-2010, 09:45 PM   #10  

Glee is very cute and I am now totally hooked! I did the same thing a few years back with Grey's Anatomy and Sex and the City - had never seen either and finally got the DVDs from the library to start the series from the beginning. I am a very anal sequential person!

My son is safely back at his dorm and I am leaving shortly to pick up DH from the airport.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:17 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Everyone! Happy Sunday

We didn't get our bike ride in because it looked like rain. We'll try again today. I think we'll try early It must be time to take a coffee outside and greet the day!

Lindsay, I'm glad you made it to Cape Cod and are enjoying your WL in presence of your family! Made me feel good, too!

Ok, coffee....
Old 08-29-2010, 07:53 AM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning friends It is going to be a lovely, though warm day around here. I've had my coffee and made my list now it's time to get moving. I want to squeeze a bike ride and mowing in before it gets too hot.

LastingOne - your weather is as crazy as ours. I always thought it was a New England thing
Old 08-29-2010, 08:11 AM   #13  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all!
Rainy and gloomy weather here, but a bit cooler. Hope it slacks up...gotta go to the grocery store. Mother nature is kinda mean..seems like on the 5th anniversary of Katrina... she would have given us some nice weather.

Other than some stuff for school I want to get done early (I like to keep 2 weeks ahead in my planning,powerpoints, site collecting, game making etc), I plan on just hanging out and relaxing to gear up for a busy week.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:13 PM   #14  
honeysox

S/C/G: 216/207/150

Height: 5'4"

Mornin' All.

Pleasant Sunday weather here but it'll be hot later. Am making a breakfast pizza on Flat-Out for brunch here in a minute. Got the garden ready yesterday for fall planting, will do that this afternoon. I hope I have better luck than I did with my spring garden. I think the grasshoppers are dying out finally. They must be going out happy though--they ate everything in sight.

Have a lovely Sunday.

~~Sally
Old 08-29-2010, 02:14 PM   #15  

Good morning... oops... afternoon! Got a bike ride in today now that DH is back. It was very hot and windy here in Kansas. That crazy weather thing - don't all parts of the country like to claim the saying "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute and it will change"? I first heard then when I moved to the Midwest from New England.
Closed Thread