Old 08-26-2010, 10:34 PM   #1  

Default Help! Just started-have only lost 1/2 pound in 14 days

Hi everybody!

I joined MRC 14 days ago. I have done preconditioning, yellow menu, and blue menu. I will begin the green menu tomorrow (meta-slim 3 meal plan).
I am so frustrated because I have only lost 1/2 pound during this entire time. I have been following the plans exactly, drinking 64 oz of water. Have just kept it simple with easy to prepare meals. I exercise 5 days a week with various cardio DVD's for about 50 minutes each time.

I lost 55 pounds myself over the previous 2 years following healthy diet and
exercising. I still have about 30 pounds to lose. I was feeling frustrated
because I had quit losing weight on my own. I kept trying different things myself until it became evident (after 6 months of not losing) that I needed a new plan. That's when I made the decision to join MRC.

Does anyone have any ideas to help me get through this? The consultants
at my center even said these results were very unusual. I completed the
saliva test and am waiting for the results hoping it will show something I
can do.

I'm female, 55.

Thanks!
Debster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:57 PM   #2  
Think Pink!

Height: 5'8"

You're probably exercising too much and not drinking enough water, is my best guess.
PinkTiara22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Try doing less exercise and more water. My counselors told me that we should do no more than 200 minutes of exercise per week. Which comes out to about 40 minutes 4 times per week. I have found that if I dont workout hard core, that I lose faster. And as far as the water. 64 oz is the minimum out of water. They say for every 25 pounds of excess weight you have add 8 oz. And then for every 25 minutes of exercise add 8 oz. So hopefully this will help.
Cheriann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

I would definitely see your general practitioner before doing anything else. You could have thyroid issues. Also, are you weighing and measuring all your food?
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:08 AM   #5  
Shawna

S/C/G: 157.5/143/125

Height: 5' 3"

Definitely check your portion sizes, but I am almost positive you are exercising too much. This is all about chemicals and having your body do the work. You are taking in like 800-900 calories a day so if you work out too much your body will almost go into a starvation-like mode. I was at a plateau for almost a month and couldnt figure out what was going on. I was exercising like crazy (like 300-400 minutes a week) and I even gained a little. When I stopped exercising so much, the weight came off. Whenever you lose, its about 90% what you eat and about 10% working out. Try to cut it down for a week and if that doesn't help, check with your doc.
sgustin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:51 AM   #6  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

how low of calories were you eating before to lose the first 55 pounds? Did you take a "break" in between that, and starting MRC? were you already eating low carb? It might be possible that going from whatever you were doing to lose that first 55 (CONGRATS!) isnt *that* much of a drastic change from MRC. If you were only eating 1200 a day, for instance before you started MRC, than your weight loss isnt going to be that dramatic, as it is intitally for most. You know what i mean?
anywya, just throwing that out there-- of course i have no idea what you been eating/doing leading up to joining....
oh, and by the way, the reason i thought this was because for EVERYONE, those first 10 to 14 days of big weight loss, well its all water weight (except maybe a 1/2 pound to pound ANYWAY) because most of us go from eating at/above maintenace/unhealthy etc, to SO low carb and low cal, and THATS why the water drops off so fast, and show big scale losses
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:11 PM   #7  

I can relate. I just started on the diet this week and have only lost 1.5 lbs. I have been sticking to the plan, drinking anywhere from 80 to 120 oz of water, exercising a little.

The lady at MRC ask me about my medications. She noticed I had put that I was taking synthroid and she asked me about that. The truth is I haven't been taking....just stopped taking it. I don't know why. I have it at home, but just not taking. DUH. She said I should definitely start back taking it, because it was probably what was preventing me from losing.

I am also a diabetic and am insulin, so that could have an affect too. I sure hope and pray that you can figure it out, because it is very frustrating when you are doing all that we are doing and not to lose. You may need to go to your regular medical dr as stated above, there may be something else.

Good Luck.

Last edited by Melonializa; 08-27-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Melonializa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:13 PM   #8  

You sound like me. I lost over 30 pounds on my own over 1.5 years through healthy food and exercise. But I was stuck at the same weight after losing that 30 for over a year. So I joined MRC. I've been on the plan since early June and I've only lost 14 pounds. I think eating healthy/less isn't as much of a shock to my body as it is to some other people joining the plan to lose 100+ pounds. I joined to lose 28, and the less you have to lose, the harder it is. But, keep in mind, that the slower you lose, the more likely it is that you will actually keep it off and not gain it back (plus some extra).
mouse120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Hey Debster,

I'm sorry to hear about your frustration! Since you started just 14 days ago, you have not had a chance to do another Tanita weigh in. Go in this week and explain how frustrating this is and ask for a full scale print out. That will verify if you ACTUALLY have lost some real fat, but it's getting taken up by water. You could have lost more than 1/2 even when the scale doesn't budge.

Otherwise, I'm going to guess one of three things is going on with you...

a) you've got a hormonal problem, and if so, the saliva test will help to clarify. But if it's abnormal, just take it to your doctor and he'll probably want to run his own tests and then can prescribe the right treatment for you.

b) you *think* you're following the program exactly, but you might not be. It took me a full month to really learn the program and stop making honest mistakes. Cheese is only for breakfast/lunch 3 days a week (not dinner) or 64 oz of water is the minimum, closer to 100 is where the results happen for me. Or exact measurements of foods after they're cooked or something. Have your center reorient you completely, ask you questions and see whats going on. Are you sure you're not eating any processed foods (like precooked chicken strips)?

c) you're exercising a lot and maybe should be on the menu for the far more active folks. Your center probably wants you to get to a full month without switching, so get a Tanita, see whats going on and see about changing. I believe it's called MetaBalance.

Keep us posted, we want to see you losing too!
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:57 AM   #10  

Thank you all so much for your support and information! This week I'm going to measure my food exactly, ask for a weigh in on the Tanita scale, and hope
my metabolic test/saliva results come in. I actually did show a pound lost on my scale yesterday, and my clothes are fitting better. I realize it's a process (probably a long one)

I have been putting the precooked chicken on my salads. So thanks to whoever suggested that and bringing it to my mind.

Good luck to all of you!

Thanks!
Debster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:42 AM   #11  
Shawna

S/C/G: 157.5/143/125

Height: 5' 3"

I want to make another comment. Have them do a body comp/measurements. I had only lost 8lbs but 19 INCHES was gone from my body! The thing is, you will lose inches faster than fat. Fat doesnt weigh alot, but when it's cells are large it takes up alot of VOLUME. So, even though the fat is taking up less volume, you may not see a big change in the scale. Your clothes are your best measurement!
sgustin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:57 PM   #12  

I've had a trainer since FEB, and lost 10 lbs of fat, but wanted to show off some new abs, etc. My trainer went with me to the food class. I am still working out as I don't want to lose any of the muscle I have gained, but I DRINK 3 more 15 oz, on the day I work out. Yes I pee! but I want to keep my muscle while sheering off some of the hard to lose fat! Best to you!

OH - I've only been doing this since 9/19 - but I am sticking with it!
kayak123 is offline   Reply With Quote