Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 08:17 PM   #1  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Default POSITIVE UPLIFTING NOTIFICATION: One Positive thing about today is Part ELEVEN

Hello Sweet taters,

Here we are again, starting another part to the Positive Uplifting Notification thread. Well Ladies here it is..........PART ELEVEN........

Today I am Happy once again to give birth to Part eleven of the One Positive thing about me today is.......................

It is time for new beginnings so let's get the party started!!!!!!

For all the newcomer's to this thread Let me tell a little about what we are all about. I thought this was a really cool way to reshape the way we think about things, ourselves, and just plain long stuff, you know the kind that happens in a lifetime, stuff that might throw you a curve ball. Well guess what, there is always a brighter side and that is what we look for, staying on the POSITIVE SIDE. To build our self esteem and to let us know, yes we can, instead of no we can't.

It does not matter if your Positive is big or small, about your weight or not, ANYTHING POSITIVE COUNTS. WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORT YOU, ENCOURAGE YOU, TO INSPIRE YOU, TO HOLD EACH OTHER UP, AND TO HELP TOOT YOUR HORN. BELIEVE ME, YOU WILL BE SURPRISED AT HOW YOU POSTING YOUR POSITIVES WILL HELP YOU AND SO MANY OTHERS.

I encourage you, in your own time to sneak back and read the FIRST POSITIVE THREAD and even the SECOND and you will understand what a blessing this is. I hope it will in some ways touch your heart.

Now lets get THIS PARTY started and SHOW you how we roll. Jump in, sit back, take your shoes off and stay awhile, for here, we are family!!!!!!

Hugs love and blessings and remember to make every moment count
Aggie

Last edited by colormerd47; 08-25-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:53 PM   #2  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

wow! seems like you just started part 10 a few weeks ago!

my positive is I get a whole week off work. my bosses folks are visiting her from out of state so they'll be taking care of the little ones! yay for sleeping in for a week!
Old 08-25-2010, 08:55 PM   #3  

Once again my beautiful sweet neighbor Ags, you've done it again. Thank you for starting this whole POSITIVE thing. My life is so much richer because of it.
Look forward to many many more and making many many more friends.

T.T.F.N. ~ Learn
Old 08-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 241.6/150

Thanks for the words of encouragement. We need to them one day at a time.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:09 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by allwayshungery View Post
Thanks for the words of encouragement. We need to them one day at a time.
Hi Allways,
Welcome to the POSITIVE thread. Stop in often, I look forward to getting to know you better and hearing all your POSITIVES.

T.T.F.N. ~ Learn
Old 08-25-2010, 09:13 PM   #6  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Thank you, Ags. For being the mother of the positives, and for what you said to Kitsey.

Kitsey, read every word Ags said, and then start over. I don't know you well yet, but I can tell you are a wonderful person who deserves ALL the riches this life has. You simply have GOT to stop being so hard on yourself. Seriously, SNAP OUT OF IT! The positive thread can help you. Not just the chatter and the support, which I have absolutely come to LOVE, but the whole concept. Get on here every day and find the POSITIVE in all of it. You are getting there, you found a little silver lining. But I really want you to embrace that you are here for a reason and everything that you go through and every challenge that you take on molds you into the person you are and who you are going to be. It's not just a stupid cliche that "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger". It's a fact.

As for being the fattest person in your class. Here's what I have to say about that. You are right, you are going to have to work a little (or a lot) harder than everyone else there. Just walking in to the classroom and finding a seat is harder, MUCH harder for you. But who will be more proud of their accomplishment at the end? And I can say this from experience, that you will be bringing a special kind of compassion and understanding to your patients. If you were laid up at a facility somewhere, who would you rather have come in to the room to care for you? A 20 year old 110 pound little chicklet who will likely snicker about you with her friends when she's done with your bath, or someone like you, who can really CARE about someone because she knows how it feels to be trapped in a body that hasn't always worked for them? I know who I would pick! You don't always have to be the fat CNA, but having been there, you will carry that loving compassion with you forever. I almost feel like you should have to wear a fat suit for a month just to qualify for the job you'll be doing!

One more thing, you can greatly reduce your swelling by Sept 20th. My legs were unrecognizably swollen before I got started, and that was one of the first things to go. Get a good plan, stick with it, and after a couple months you'll probably not even believe how much better you will feel. That is what's happening to me!
Old 08-25-2010, 10:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 364/353/165

Height: 5'6"

Devsmama-Glad your throat if feeling better, a nice movie day sounds like a great way to relax Crossing my fingers for you that the tuition situation is behind you! Whoops, I see that you are Shia-I will probably forget before I remember so forgive me :*

OnaMi-Thank you, think that’s one thing I need to hear. That just because it is this way now, does not mean that this will be the way it is always. I know I can be 3 things come November. Bigger, smaller, or the same. I really hope I can stick it out and be proud at the end of this that I’ve not only stuck it out, but passed, and gotten healthier. I especially like the 3rd quote you shared, I know if I can just make it through this, I’ll be so much better for it in more ways than just getting a certificate

Stella-Oh I think spaghetti squash is fabulous! I’ve only made it one way, it’s actually a South Beach recipe from this forum. You cook the squash in the microwave, remove seeds and shred into a bowl, add 1 egg, some parm, salt and pepper then press into a baking dish. Bake till firm, then add pizza toppings! A little sauce, healthy veggies and some cheese and bake again-yum! (Gotta learn to control my cheesy cravings, but the squash is so good I can see eating it plain!) So sorry to hear about your moms friend, it sounds like she knew she was about to go home and knew there was nothing to be afraid of I’m gonna try and POP my butt in that chair, but I have a feeling I’d have to lose 100lbs first to do it. Can’t do that by Nov 10th! (Wouldn’t that be AWESOME?) lol Unfortunately, we ALL do have to give bed baths to each other. I totally understand why, our instructor wants us to be on the receiving end so that we will always remember to pay special attention to water temp/pressure etc. Honestly I think it’s a good idea because it’s easy to just do something without really thinking how uncomfortable it might be for the other person. I just wish I didn’t have to do it with a classmate. You can wash my arms, legs, face, etc, but I just wish we didn’t have to get our backs done...Thanks for those big hugs

Shannon-oh thank you dear, I kept reading your post last night and turned my comp on this morning just to read it again before leaving. I wish you were here to come with me! To know that someone else has not only been my weight and had to do similar classes, but you passed a heck of a lot of classes to become an RN, surely I can get through 12 weeks of classes (6 hours Mon and Weds) I admit I’m feeling low, low, low today, but low and moving forward is a lot better than low and quitting because of it. Sounds like your daughter Lily has a great teacher! I really appreciate a teacher who will joke sometimes, I think that it can help you to remember what you’re learning. That will be really great for you to be able to volunteer with the Harvest Party, my mom always came in for field trips, etc., and I always thought it was fabulous. Oh! And 9lbs? You rock! I bought a 10lb bag of litter yesterday, and that was a chunk! lol And no, no, no changing what you are doing to do it faster, at this rate in a little over a month you’ll be seeing that glorious 299! :hugs:

Learn-Sorry it’s been raining so much for you lately, I know it’s disappointing when you plan on a pool day and the weather doesn’t cooperate. I just realized with school starting the pool here will close Mmm...I bet that home made chicken noodle soup was good! I’d like to try that someday when I get some freezer space, I think I am starting to taste something funny in premade foods, preservatives maybe? I um...flaked and got pringles last week and they tasted terrible O-o

Dgramie-congrats on the upcoming new addition to the family! Wonderful news that your husband is doing better!

Heather-Great job on the three pound loss! I know what you mean about stinky smokey clothes. With my upstairs apartment, if the downstairs people smoke I notice the smell when I open my closet :P Hope that product worked for you! Happy anniversary! Oh I LOVE Big Brother! One of my fav guilty pleasures, I also love that it’s 3 days a week! I was so happy tonight was a good tv night-lol (Top Chef and MasterChef too!) Biggest Loser starts in 3 weeks? Great! I love that show!

LiliK-Oh wow, I bet your husband has a blast with scuba! I think I’d be a little scared about air at first, but I’ve always been fascinated with undersea stuff, so I think I would love it! (Of course, I can’t get my butt to sink though! LOL) Don’t worry if you don’t make your goal by Saturday, any day you trade that 3 for a 2 is going to be cause for celebration! It was my plan to arrive early, I was the 3rd person there (of 12) and the 2nd was just 100 feet ahead of me. Unfortunately, all the chairs are the same plastic bucket with metal frame. I looked around and there is a stack of extra chairs, just they are all the same as the ones on the floor. Being a nursing home, there aren’t other classrooms to try and swipe a chair from unfortunately. I would desperately like to find a different chair, I’ve been home for over 6 hours and my hips (lower than that, not sure what area it is! O-o) are still painful. I’m just so ashamed I don’t think I could ask for anything else, everyone in the class would have to know since we just sit where ever too. Thank you for offering a different perspective about the presentations, I didn’t think of it that way. I am so far out of my comfort zone right now I’m just trying to not have a panic attack O-o

Ags-Way to go on all that walking at work! I hope you have a pair of comfortable shoes! Gosh I’m sorry I took up so much of your ‘feet up’ time! I appreciate your words so much, I gotta say that you guys are on my mind so much throughout the day, knowing that even if you’re states away that each of you have faced some similar things in the past or even currently. I’m not sure I can work up the courage to ask after that other chair, but I won’t rule it out either. I just sometimes feel like that physical pain is easier to deal with than the humiliation, but considering I’m still in pain tonight, I’m not sure I can ‘suck it up’ for 8 more class room sessions (the rest are clinicals and lab) I have spent a lot of time praying about the class, I think I’ve focused on just getting TO the first day, now I will ask for strength for the ‘social’ part of the class, since that is so troubling to me. I don’t have my next class till Monday so I ‘m going to focus on learning my abbreviations, and then next Wed we already have an exam on the first 9 chapters O-o Also, I must present some information about Congestive Heart Failure on Mon (we all got to pick a disease to share with the class) I think I will be able to focus at home in my big ol’ computer chair I believe you’re right...the people I will eventually care for are probably self conscious as well, and I know that they are bound to be all shapes and sizes. Maybe because of the pain I am going through now, I will be a more understanding care giver. After all-people in nursing homes don’t want to be ‘exposed’ any more than the rest of us, they just don’t have a choice I will try to speak positively of myself Ags, I will, I just don’t feel it. You guys are probably getting to know me a little better and have probably noticed that I apologize a lot and don’t really feel worthy of a lot of things. I can’t say that will change, but I will promise to try. Now with my old, sad post in the previous thread, I will start fresh with this one.

Kitsey’s positive of the day-My instructor brought 4 boxes of donuts, and I didn’t touch one.

Also-if anyone would like to be facebook friends I would love to PM you my link, but please only if we don’t talk about weight on the “wall” area, not ready for the world to know about that part of my life :P

Last edited by Kitsey; 08-25-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:27 PM   #8  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Kitsey I would love to be your friend on face book and I too do not expose most of weight delima's there, only to give myself a shout out every now and again!!!! PM your info and let's do this thing together. I must say this again, please speak positive to your situation, words you speak out of your mouth are LIFE. What you speak is what you are. Search your heart and know that you are WORTHY, God Himself says so and He will give you the desires of your Heart. The Word says, a double minded man is unstable in all His ways. You must make a choice, is it yay or nay?, speak what you want and then do not counter act it by saying but, maybe, can't. The words are I can, I will, I am!!!!! I am Worthy, I can do this, I can and will change. Again pull your teacher to the side and ask for another chair, you will be surprised how many compassionate people are out there. You are brave, it may be hidden but you are BRAVE, please Kitsey just ask.
You defeated temptation, you did not eat one single doughnut............WAY PROUD OF YOU AND I HOPE YOU ARE OF YOURSELF!!!! Kitsey, I have been there sweetie, and I will be right there with you too.

Always,
WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!!!!!! Glad you are here and cannot wait to get to know you better, we are all family here and there is always room for another sister!!!!!!

Shannon,
My mouth hit the floor, NINE WHOLE POUNDS has gone away and that is a tremendous ego booster!!!! You rock baby girl and I am truly proud of you. Now do it again!! LOL LOL

D,
happy your dh is doing so much better, I never had any doubts and congrats on the new forth coming baby!!! How sweet is that.

Shia,
and now on to a speedy recovery and the calamaity of the tuition thing is now a thing of the past, hot diggity dang dang!!!! On to bigger and brighter things for sure!!!!

Ona,
you always are passing on words of wisdom and I love you for it, please keep them comming. Loved the first one, absolutely profound!!!!!

I promise I have not forgotten the rest of you. Here is a quick shout out to Ink, Woody, Carol, Shia, Learn, Maria,,, S T E L L A!!!!, CJ, D, Ash, Ona, Heather and my sweet Shannon, and Lili. Congrats to all and Shia glad you are feeling a little better.. Smooches

Love you,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 08-26-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:43 AM   #9  

Happy Dappy Thursday Everyone,
I just can't believe it's thursday already. This week is flying on by.

dgramie- Again CONGRATULATIONS on the pending birth of another grand baby. Also I'm so glad to hear your husband is doing better and hopefully will be even better when the doctor can reduce his meds in a few weeks.

Shannon- Once again, CONGRATULATIONS on the 9 pound lose. Totally awesome!
I can remember my son starting fourth grade like it was yesterday. He had the nicest teacher, she just adored Andrew too. You'll like volunteering also. I did some while my son was in elementary school. I tried it once in his middle school, but decided not to continue. I just felt like strangling the kids, they were so rude and obnoxious. I am so glad I instilled good manners and respect for others into my son.

Heather- It's kinda weird hearing someone state how happy they are to get TOM as a visitor, but I totally understand why. You should definitely have a good weigh-in at the doctors.
Wow! 40 minutes cardio is just fantastic. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU BOTH!

Lili- So are you a music teacher? What part of FL were you and your husband in, I'm in west central about 30 minutes north of Tampa.
I'm sure sodium is the culprit if you've been eating out a bit more then usual. Just go as you planned, drink lots of water to flush, flush, flush.

Shia- So glad your feeling so well after your throat procedure. And so glad the tuition mishap has been resolved. That's definitely a load off your mind for sure.

Stella- Two more storms and counting. I believe hurricane Danielle is not gonna effect us at all, but tropical storm Earl is still a crap shoot. Did the hubs make a swing by before heading to VA?

Kitsey- I'm so sorry your having so many issues with school. Just try to see the POSITIVE in all your doing. A better education, a better paying career. Like LiliK suggested, try to arrive a bit early and find an armless chair to sit in and remember your gonna lose that weight. Just give yourself some credit, you've got some great POSITIVE things going for you right now and for the future.

Ona- Love the quotes, thank you for sharing. I especially like the first one, it's so true.
"He who angers you, conquers you."

Ags- On to "PART ELEVEN" Did you realize how much this thread was gonna explode when you started it? It's a wonderful thing!

Maria- How cool is that! A week off to sleep in, eat great healthy foods and exercise. Enjoy yourself!

I was pop yesterday, ate great with no nibbling and because the weatherman had to recant his weather prediction that it was suppose to clear up yesterday I got so frustrated with having to be stuck in the house again that I started a whirlwind of cleaning. I vacuumed carpets, swept floors, dusted anything standing still (except for my mother) and stripped down all the beds and washed linens along with with a whole lot of other laundry. I even claimed it as exercise because I was sweating like a pig, no wait pigs don't sweat, I was sweating like a horse. After dinner the rain had stopped and I actually saw the sunshine so I even got to go in the pool and I power walked for about 30 minutes, then picked up all the leaves that piled in the middle of the pool bottom from me walking. I just might make my exercise goal this month, I only have 260 more minutes to go. I was getting a little afraid I wasn't going to make it with all this rain canceling my pool exercises.
Ahh, this wonderful unpredictable Florida weather.
My son already has his first head cold of the school season. I kept him home yesterday because he had a fever and sore throat. By last night the snot races had begun. So he will be home again today.

Well my friends that is it for this morning, but be warned, I am always lurking and peeking around the corner just waiting for a reason to POP in and post. Let's all get out there and make this the POPinest thursday on record.

T.T.F.N. ~ Learn
Old 08-26-2010, 07:56 AM   #10  
Ashley

S/C/G: 349/333.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Just another drive by ladies to shout out a great big GOOD MORNING!!! I miss you all terribly and just stopping by is not doing it for me! Things are getting on a roll at school. Got all my placements done AND I got my classroom website up and running for the new school year. Yaaaay! Tonight starts yet another chapter of my busy life...starting back at the University for Fall Semester! I am getting really close to getting my master's done though! Can't wait!

So another positive is that I can't remember a day where I haven't been completely POP with my WOE and exercise! I am feeling great and the pounds are dropping dropping dropping. I can't wait until WI on Monday!

One personal I do want to address this morning is to Kitsey: I know how it feels to be the fattest in the class. I will walk into class this evening and that is exactly what I will be! I always go to the class wondering what kind of desks will they have? Will I get lucky and them have long tables and chairs or will they have the dreaded school desks? Anyway, I know it's hard, but you are making a HUGE difference in your life. I was feeling exactly like you are feeling just two months ago! Here I am now 25 lbs lighter and feeling great! YES I still have a long road a head, but I am doing something about it and now you are too! That is what counts! And BTW...I give in to the pringles urge too, but I now eat their fat free variety which tastes soooo good! Keep it up girl...YOU ARE WORTH IT!

Have a FABTASTIC day (see Stella...told you I'd still your word, lol)!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 08:21 AM   #11  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Kitsey - Ags and Shannon said it best. LISTEN TO AGS!!! She has helped through some of the toughest stuff life has thrown my way. Speak life to your situation and no, I don't know what you are going through with the chair, but I know what it's like to be overweight and in pain. But I don't let that stop me from doing anything!! Just keep doing what you are doing, stay positive and things will work out. Call on the Lord to help. BTW, those of us on facebook together, we never talk about weight-that's not the place for it. We talk about everything else.
Learn - YAY!!! You finally got in your pool! BOOOOO! The boy is sick. What is it with these little germs carriers coming to school sick. I hope he feels better soon.

Ags - As always thanks for starting the new thread and those words you said to Kitsey. I read them over and over because I needed to hear it too!

Ashley - good for you! I'm glad you are kicking butt and staying POP and all of that. Have fun in class this fall!

Ona - you are awesome! That's it!

Maria - it's nice to have a week off! Have fun!

Lili - love the pic! Sodium can wreak havoc, so you have a good plan to get it out and it will work.

Shannon - thanks for encouraging Kitsey! You rock! Did you know we are neighbors? I'm in Northern Kentucky!

Stella - I hope hubby did a drive by!

Well, I guess it's my turn...I feel well enough to hit the gym today, so I will be going. Tomorrow my son starts on Varsity football, he is in 10th grade. I am so excited for him and I have my tshirt, cowbell, airhorn, and pom pom to cheer him on! Yes, I am one of those mothers!
Old 08-26-2010, 08:51 AM   #12  
Keepin' on...

Hey babes! Hope you are all ready for your Thursday! I want to start off today by saying THANK YOU to you all for the encouragement on my weight loss and my sensible plan. Luckily the crazy "I gotta get this weight off NOW" feeling only lasted a little while after weigh-in, then I was right back to my usual attitude and feeling great about it all. Good thing I only weigh once a month -- and after TOM! I knew I could count on you gals for support.

Learn, well, that back-to-school cold didn't take long to take hold, did it? Ugh, germs! Last year the 3rd graders all dumped crayons, markers, pencils, etc into one big bin and shared them. Geez, they sent all these letters home about handwashing and keeping your germs to yourself, especially with the H1N1 scare, then do that. I sent a letter in, but of course it didn't change. I'm pleased that they are NOT doing that in 4th. Aw, remembering 4th grade. I do love this age! What you said about the middle schoolers being little snots, I can only imagine. But I tell you, I'm pretty shocked even by the general lack of respect even from some of the elementary kids. For example, last week we took one of Lily's friends (same age) to Zoombezi Bay (water park) with us without her mom, and I just don't get how lots of kids today act with other people's parents. At one point I said something (I forget what), and this little girl was like "Well, duh!" After we dropped her off at home, I had a talk with Lily about my expectations when she is with other adults. She told me she would NEVER say that to her friends' mom, which I know she would not. She talks back to me at times, but I know she is an angel with teachers, other parents, etc, so I guess I prefer that! Anyway, sorry to go off on a tangent! But I am glad to be raising a respectful kid, too!

Heather, you are doing so great, girl! I LOVE that you were able to go right back on plan, and all the exercise you are doing. I'm always enjoying your posts and I am so glad you are here!

Ona, great quotes oh wise one! Thank you for the kind words, you are just somethin'!!

Lili, I want to know if you are a music teacher, too! I still remember a lot of my music teachers growing up, I really loved them. Music, music, MUSIC! So, so important for our kids. I want to hear all about it. I also want to thank you for becoming a part of this thread, you are fantastic here!! I love that you are watching what you are doing, paying attention to your body, and making modifications. That is what we need to do, get in touch with our bodies! I LOVE your picture, too, I agree with Ona, you are one cutie! I appreciated your words to Kitsey so much.

Stella, thank you hunny! Yeah, that little one with her grandparents, so darling. She is loved, and I LOVE to see a kid being LOVED. I'll have to check out some of this Ellie Kreiger chick's recipes, that balsamic chicken with spinach sounds yum. We've been eating a lot of stuff on the grill this summer, but I need to start trying some new things or my fam is going to get bored (and so am I!). I do so love to cook, and cook healthy for my family. Time to turn it up a notch! Hope you got your housework done, and most importantly that you got to see hubbs for a bit! Luv you, baby!

Shia, yes, I can hear you! THANK YOU! I am going to listen to you and not second guess my success. Ah, I needed it big and bold! I can't believe you are back at work already, you, girl, are an invincible powerhouse! Nuttin's gonna keep you Shia down! YEAH!

Maria, YAY, a week off work!!! I think you deserve and can really benefit from that after the week you had! You just have a grand old time relaxing, eating right, getting enough sleep, getting yourself moving, and posting away on Fat Chicks! P.S. Don't forget to watch some good TV!

Kitsey, I am so happy for you. You are getting in the groove and working this positive angle. Even if it's just on here, and just for a few minutes, I promise you it will start to spill over into everything you do. You are going to be just fine. You remind me SO MUCH of me at your age, just so self-conscious and more worried about being embarrassed than suffering the physical pain. I can tell you, even now, that I don't know that I would ask for the different chair. I would like to think that I would have the voice to speak up for what I need, and maybe I am getting there. But I probably would just suffer in silence. I do understand a lot of what you are going through, I really, really do. So if you ever want to PM me for any kind of support or to answer any questions for you, feel free. For some reason, probably because I am so acutely aware of some of the thoughts and feelings you are having, I feel so attached to your story. And I want to see you get where you want to be SO BAD! The sky is the limit with your goals, baby, PLEASE believe that!!!

Ags, sweet love, the light of my life, who has helped me to really embrace the positive in every aspect of life. What can I say that hasn't already been said by everyone here? Now that you have encouraged everyone who is really needin' it right now, tell us what's doing in your neck of the woods! I wanna hear about the goodies you're getting at the fresh market!

Man, I wrote a book today! hahahaha My BIG positive from yesterday is that Darren had another Wednesday off work and I put him to WORK! His living room, the man cave, is now a showplace! hahaha No more cardboard boxes full of who knows what laying around, just things that mean the most to him on display, every nook and cranny scrubbed and spotless, genuinely a room that we all love to BE in now! Oh, okay, I DID do most of the work. hahaha But he went along with it, helped me, and was just so happy when it was finished. Best of all, we did it cheerfully and without me getting "the tone" - that tone I can get in my voice that he hates, that I get especially when I am cleaning. hahaha Now literally the only rooms in my house that need an overhaul are my bedroom closet and the last frontier, the garage. I can't tell you what a physical weight has been lifted off my shoulders with all the clutter being dealt with! I still need new floors, and would like to redecorate MY living room. But that will take money that I am in the process of saving. AMAZINGLY, this all started with my weight loss journey. I, little ol' me, who didn't think I could do much of anything even just a few short months ago, am starting to realize that I am someone to be reckoned with! I can do whatever I WANT! I can set any goal I want, and with hard work, achieve it! HA!!

Love you girls, have a GREAT day!
Old 08-26-2010, 08:58 AM   #13  
Keepin' on...

Ash!!! You were posting while I wrote my book! hahaha You go girlie! You are doing so awesome!!!!! Killin' it!!

Shia, neighbor! you posted during my book, too. Just wanted to add that I think it must be a BLAST to have a son playing varsity football. Oh, I would so be one of those moms! HOW FUN! Get it at the gym, girlie, I know you are ready!!!

Last edited by shannonmb; 08-26-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:48 PM   #14  
Determined Diva

S/C/G: 321/295/170

Height: 6'2"

Kitsey: Yay for you—donuts are hard to resist, and I’m proud of you for not going there. I’m not quite at the point of Jethro Gibbs on NCIS, who says, “Never apologize; it makes you look weak,” but I do believe that apologizing for being human isn’t useful, either.  Save the apologies for when you’ve really goofed up and then they mean more. I think you’re going to do just great on your CHF presentation.

Learn: I wish I had all your energy for cleaning!! My house looks like a tornado has blown through here—well, actually, it looks like a combination of a computer store and diving shop blew up in here with all my DH’s stuff all over! I’m going to try to emulate you this weekend and see how much good cleaning and organizing I can get done before classes start on Monday. You’ve inspired me. We were recently in Pensacola for my DH’s dive class. We also went to Vortex Springs a few weeks ago for his 1st certification. He is loving it!! I get claustro, so scuba isn’t a good fit for me, but I do love to snorkel.

Ashley: You go, girl!! Sounds like you’re getting in the good-habit groove!! I’m also looking forward to your weigh in so we can all share the good results. As a fellow teacher may I wish you happy days and nice kids!

Devsmom: I’m glad you’re going to cheer on your son—I think it’s wonderful for him to have you there. My sister and her family are so supportive of their kids’ efforts, and it means a lot. Her kids may be embarrassed sometimes, but they definitely don’t have to wonder if they are loved and a priority, because their parents spend time on them and their activities. Fantastic, and best wishes for a great season!!

Shannon: I believe you CAN achieve anything you want. Isn’t it funny that when we start taking responsibility for ourselves, I mean really focusing on us and what we need and how we need to be cared for, suddenly lots of stuff gets better! Seems like before, I almost had an “I don’t care” attitude not just about myself, but about everything, and all of that is undergoing a change. I have a new energy and a new mental focus, and most importantly, I have goals and a plan for reaching them. Sounds like your house is going to be so nice!! Please share your secrets for getting your husband to work on his man cave!!! I need inspiration for dealing with DH’s “office,” which is so messy he can’t even go in there!!

Ags: I am blown away by how wonderfully positive you are. I’ve got your post bookmarked for encouragement for whenever I start falling back into the old mindset of “I can’t.” Because I believe I can. You’re 100% right; the language we choose can really influence our thoughts and actions! Strong words, strong mind, strong action.

OnaMi: Aren’t you sweet! I was “iffy” about putting up a pic (I HATE the camera these days), but I decided that since most everybody else had one up, I should put on my big-girl panties and do it. I appreciate the plateau support—I’m really hoping it was just water.

Heather: Congratulations on your anniversary!! And I hope all goes well with your doctor visit and weigh in post TOM. I don’t have to worry about that any more, happily, but I definitely still have the mood issues, etc. Yay for better living through chemistry with Advil and HRT to keep us sane and pain free.

Stella: Thanks for the encouragement—and you’re absolutely right. I know the weight is going to come off. I was just hoping for the boost of changing my first number on my birthday—but if it happens a week later, it’s still going to happen.

Dgramie: Congratulations on the new addition to your family!! How wonderful. And I think it's a great idea to work toward a goal in time for the birth of the baby. It will be doubly wonderful.

Maria: A whole week off??? YAY!! I hope you have a restful, recuperative, and recharging time—

Always: Welcome to the thread!!

So this is evidently my book. Some of you asked about my job. I teach at one of the local universities, where I’m the choir director and teach choral conducting and music education methods for students who are going to teach music at the secondary level. It’s a fantastic job, and I really love it. I conduct 3 choirs at the university and also conduct an adult community choir called NOVA (New Orleans Vocal Arts) Chorale. I taught public school choir for 6 years in between degrees; when I started college teaching I realized I had found my home. I’ve been teaching at the university level for—oh, goodness—16 years now. I also do medical transcription part time; it was a skill I picked up during the semester we were closed after Katrina, and I’ve kept it up because I really enjoy it. I tend to be a bit of a workaholic; finding balance between things has always been a challenge for me.

So far, no movement on the scale—I’m wondering if I really do need to up my calories a bit, since I’m right around 1300 each day. Don’t suppose there is anything wrong with trying that, since what I’m doing now isn’t really working….and I can’t blame TOM or anything!! LOL I feel better, at any rate, and I know I’m doing my body a favor by eating more healthfully than I have in years, so maybe after the initial rush of water loss, my body is just shocked about the real food it’s receiving. Wouldn't surprise me--for YEARS, I ate like a kid with no thought about what I was doing to my body. Now I am providing it with nutrients and real fuel, and maybe it's just freaking out a little. We'll see! I'm going to up my exercise a bit and see how it goes.

Hope y’all have a great day!
Old 08-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 364/353/165

Height: 5'6"

Gonna do a real quickie before I go clean up my apartment. I got an unexpected box from my mom today stuffed with...stuff! 3 books that I'd made in 1st/2nd grade, Christmas ornaments, etc, AND a t-shirt, 2 tanks, and a turtleneck....of course none of them fit cause my mom thinks I'm still a 2X :*

SO! My positive is that someday I'm gonna have a ton of clothes to wear! >.<
(really though, through gifts and shopping I have almost 300 pieces that don't fit, and about 45 that do O-o)
Closed Thread