Talking

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2001, 04:24 PM   #2  

HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY ALL!!

Have a great Sunday and week!

Rabbit
Old 04-01-2001, 10:48 PM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all!! Hope everyone has had a super weekend. Mine was SO busy. I went shopping for bathing suits and came home with three!! Sears was having a 25% off sale if anyone is interested. They were the only ones that had suits in my size, that were decent. I got some really cute ones. One had mesh over the boobs (SEE through!!) and DH loves it!! I don't know if I will get the nerve up to wear it!! I've never had that much of my boobs exposed to the world before!! I can't believe that we are leaving in less than a week!! I got everything packed tonight except for the last minute things. I hope I didn't forget anything. I did a seasonal clothes swap and found a bathing suit I had bought the end of the season last year and packed away. I had totally forgotten about it. Now I will have four to wear on the trip!! I never thought I would have so many. Now I can keep one in every suitcase. DH gets so mad at me everytime we go out of town to a hotel that has a pool and I've forgotten a suit!!

School is going well, I stopped studying while we are learning to use the programs. It's utterly boring the other way!! I get so tired sometimes, I can barely stay awake. Hope I get used to the schedule soon!!

You guys have a great week. I will try to pop in again before we leave!!

Old 04-02-2001, 12:33 AM   #4  

HI everyone!

I have been out of town for work and have not had a chance to post here.

First off, Lauren CONGRATS!

I will have to catch up with eveyone later.

Nanci
Old 04-02-2001, 09:08 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

HOpe everyone had a great weekend!

Karen- Congrats on getting all those swimsuits!! I bought 2 while on the honeymoon! I forgot to pack mine! Got one at Wal-Mart, which I really love and it looks/fits really good. The other we went to this swim wearhouse in Kissimmee and of course i didn't find anything...was looking for cup size suits, which they advertised. They only had one or two DD's, so I gave up. Jim got to the register with his goggles, and they were training someone new. She said, did you find everything you were looking for, and I said yup. Jim said, don't lie, so I said, OK, to be honest, no, I didn't, but it's not your fault, it's the bathingsuit manufacturer's faults, because they don't know how to make decent swimsuits! They put the underwire in the A, B, C cups, and those stupid soft foam things in the big cups! I kinda went off on a tangent!! Well, the manager turned around and said, this is your lucky day...we're training Lacey here and we're gonna see if we can find you a suit. IF we do, I"ll give you 20% off! So I ended up getting a Delta Burke tankini...soft cup though, but it looked pretty good.

Nanci- Where were you traveling to?

Gotta get to work! Can't wait til things slow down around home and we get settled!
Old 04-02-2001, 09:59 AM   #6  
Is it Friday yet?

Goooood mornin' everyone and Happy April!!!!

Another somewhat uneventful weekend... pre-vacation cleaning so that I can come home to a kinda-sorta clean house - if my Mom and stepfather don't destroy the place (now I know how my parents felt when I was a kid). They get busy and start leavin' stuff laying all over... drives me nuts....

Anyhooo....

Mrs. LBH - I'm so sorry about your honeymoon! You will just have to keep going away until you get a good one. As for the swimsuit - don't you just love the tankini??? I've got one and really like it....

KarenK - Have an awsome time in Hawaii. Which island are you going to?? I went to Kaui (sp?) in '89 and didn't ever want to leave.

TechAlum - Vacation.... aaahhhh, sweet, sweet vacation. I leave next Friday after work for the bay area (northern California). My best friend took the week off of work and we're going to have our late Christmas, Easter, and then scrapbook until our fingers to numb... I also have a quick business meeting - just to schmooz though - I'm taking the people we contract to out to lunch.

Well, 9 more days of braces.... Trying to decide what I should eat first.... an apple? Corn on the cob? Spinach? Ooooh decisions, decisions....

Oh, and I'm down 1 more pound... "I'm melting... I'm melting....."

Terri

Last edited by Punkinseed; 04-02-2001 at 10:05 AM.
Old 04-02-2001, 12:49 PM   #7  

HI all. Happy new week. I had kind of a "lightbulb" moment this morning when I realized I haven't been eating and working out like I'm trying to lose weight, I've been eating and working out like I'm trying to maintain. (Which is exactly what I'm doing, maintaining). I've been too easy on myself. And must change.

Karen - Oh, hope you have a super vacation!! It sounds so nice.

Nanci - hello, great to hear from you.

Lauren - glad you found a suit and I so agree about those soft cups.

Punkin - Have fun on your vacation too!! Bet you can't wait to get those braces off! Why do you not eat spinach?? Hooray for another pound loss.

I REALLY want to be a loser this week!!

Rabbit
Old 04-02-2001, 01:05 PM   #8  
Is it Friday yet?

'ello again!!

Rabbit - Spinach is one of my favorite foods. However, with braces those little cooked leaves find ways of wrapping itself around ever little wire and bracket in my mouth. So I end up finding stuff stuck sometimes HOURS after I've eaten. It happens with other foods too - but spinach especially. (forgive the visual)

Terri
Old 04-02-2001, 03:56 PM   #9  

Rabbit, I'm in maintenance mode too. I got on the scale yesterday and it read 165. I about cried. But that's just defeatist, and I'm not going to give in to it. I ate 33 points yesterday and it's my goal to eat less than that today. Thanks for encouraging me!

Sonya
Old 04-02-2001, 05:50 PM   #10  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Wink

Hello all!!!
I happened to catch ROsie today while on break and I saw that she is counting points with WW..It was funny cuz she had some dessert that she liked soo well and found out it was 154 pts-enough for the whole week!!IT is funny when we see what we actually ate in the past and how much damage it did..::

Tech-I hand addressed everything(invitations)..Don't have a reason-just computer illiterate..Knew just enough to catch a husband thanks to tips from Lauren and Legal!!!!Well I am down to 38 days--I almost panicked when Refman gave the invitations to the post lady and jumped over the counter to get them back..It is scarey-esp with my history of running at this point!!*L*

Well--I started back excercising after taking 10 days off at the doctors request..It felt good but I am not overdoing cuz Paris is only 40 days away!!!!!!

BIG LOSERS!!!!!!!!
Tech-2 lbs!!!!
Terri-1 lbs!!!!!

Mileage points!!!
Nancy-93.45
Rabbit-199.142
Tech-22.5
Horray for all the excercisers last week!!!!!!!!

Lauren--how is the first real week of marriage???Anything changed except where U can sleep at night????I am soo ready to have one house and to stop driving home at 9PM every night!!!!

Take care all!!
Vicki
Old 04-03-2001, 10:39 AM   #11  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

It's a beautiful day here today, supposed to get up to 50-55 degrees!! It has been below average temps, so that makes me happy!! Might even hit 70 this weekend!

RR- The first week of marriage is just plain hectic. I think it's gonna take 6 months to get everything out of Mom's house!! I am such a pack rat, trying ot break myself of it though. I am throwing tons of stuff out! I think the best part is being able to come home after work, and not have to go anywhere to see my honey, because now he's my husband!!

My cat is going absolutely nuts though!! As if he hasn't had enough changes lately, between things just being busy with plans at Mom's house, then having to put Niki down in January, now I brought him to the apartment and he's like a wild man. I have never heard him meow so much in his life! He follows us around everywhere, is in and out of every room over and over, and can't seem to grasp the fact that there are two "stairways to nowhere"!! LOL, he sleeps with us most of the night...thank God for the king size bed, because he usually has enough room that he doesn't need to wander over to Jim's side! They are trying to get used to each other though. Jim said he covered up the poop in the litter box with litter, because it stunk! LOL, some day he'll be actually scooping it into a plastic baggy, tying it, and tossing it!!

I am planning on getting back to seriously counting points and exercising again next week. It has just been too hectic to even concentrate on it. Brought my scale over yesterday, so I can weigh myself, have not done that since before the wedding!! Almost afraid to step on it, for fear I've gained 20 lbs.!!

Anyway, have a lovely day all!!
Old 04-03-2001, 12:55 PM   #12  

Hi all. I discovered a big mistake I made - I should not have bought that Easter candy early.

Punkin - oh, I sure know about finding food in my mouth hours later! I eat spinach anyway, but only at home. Brocolli is another thing I only like to eat at home.

Sonya - I like your goal to do better today than yesterday and that is now my goal for today as well. Yesterday I was bad with the candy, so if I do better today then it will be a success. As for the about crying on the scale, I SO know what you mean. I'm bummed with myself, sometimes very bummed with myself. Usually right after eating something stupid.

RR - 38 days!! It will be here before you know it. Paris will be so cool. I'm so happy for you.

Lauren - glad married life is treating you well, although hectic.

Rabbit
- I don't have to worry anymore because there ARE NO MORE cadbury eggs.

Last edited by Rabbit; 04-03-2001 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-03-2001, 02:59 PM   #13  
Donna

Hello all,

Well WI is tonight and I'm not looking forward to it. I've been having the chip munchies all week. I think it's a combination of PMS and not sleeping well. When I'm tired I munch, and with PMS I munch salty/fatty foods. Oh well, it's just an excuse and this to shall pass .

The weather has been really weird around here, Saturday it was warm but cloudy, Sunday it was snowing, yesterday it was warm and sunny, today it's overcast again and it snowed overnight . With the nice weather yesterday we grilled out and then took the dogs for a walk. It'd been a couple weeks since they went for a walk and man was my beast full of extra energy!!!! I get extra credit for the upper body workout.

LBH - Sounds like things are going pretty well with you. When I moved from an apartment to my house my cat also walked around crying and then would hide in the basement ceiling. It took him about a month to get used to it. Of course 6 months later I got the dog.....

Rabbit - I am so glad I don't have to buy Easter candy, and that I don't like Cadbury eggs. Although the jelly beans looked awful good at CVS Sat. but I resisted.

RR - 38 days . You're coming into the home stretch . Good luck!!!

Sonya - Good luck getting back on track. One small step at a time, is a good plan. You'll make it.

Terri and Karen - I wanna go on vacation . Have fun.

Well have to go pay bills joy, joy.

- Tech
Old 04-03-2001, 04:05 PM   #14  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all!! Just time for a quick note before getting ready for school. Have a nasty headache so I gotta go find something to take............

TECH: Can you make it to Jersey by Friday nite? I'll try popping you in the suitcase.

Lauren: Ditto on the cat thing!! My two were a bit put off by the new house, then we got the dog!! Glad married life is fun. I like it too! (Most of the time except when I get home from work and find his underwear in the bathroom floor!!!) That part I could do without!!

RR: Wow, getting close!! But you didn't jump over the counter to get the invites back, so that must say a WHOLE lot about this time!!

Nanci: Yeah, welcome back.

Everyone else: Hello!! Sorry to be so short!!

Have a great evening.

Old 04-03-2001, 06:41 PM   #15  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello!!!
Well--worked both jobs today and I am pooped!!It is soo much more tiring with the kids and 2 houses and all!!!But, not too much more!!!!

Doing pretty good on the diet-Refman is taking the kids to eat pizza tonight--Not brave enough to do the pizza cuz I love it too much!!!!

Everyone have a great evening!!!!
RR
Closed Thread