Old 08-20-2010, 10:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/295/160

Height: 5'8

Default NSV: Well I guess I have been losing! (warning, its long!)

Well, I hadn't really been able to see it on myself... but today I really noticed a change. I pulled my pants OUT OF THE DRYER, and they didn't fit. They didn't fit out of the dryer... they're usually tight out of the dryer right?

That was pretty awesome, but I figured, you know, these are my favorite jeans, they're pretty old, I've noticed they're getting worn on the thighs (of course ) maybe they've just gotten perpetually stretched out.... So I tried on another pair... and another... and every pair I had that I'd washed.

None of them were tight. In fact, they were all fairly loose. Well dang. I mean, they're not falling off yet, but they're definitely not tight, and they definitely don't even really fit properly anymore. So, I guess, I might not be able to see it, but apparently stuff is changing.

(also, DD would like me to include a carrot, because "he's dancin! he's funny..... but he's got no clothes on, but he's happy even though he's just got shoes on." )

Another NSV, I've found my weakness when it comes to food. I've been doing really well with everything, not sneaking food. Not grabbing seconds. Not eating more than I want to. However, apparently, my weakness is tomato sauces with sugar in them.

I made a really very healthy spaghetti the other night, and I was glad with how it tasted and everything (only 350 cal for a portion). However I found myself sneaking tastes when I walked by. And I've found that I've been grabbing little tastes when I see the tupperware in the fridge. I also know that the food I used to sneak most were things like lasagna, spaghetti, ziti, things like that... and I was a ketchup fiend.

I've since thrown away the leftovers of that spaghetti, much to my dismay because it was yummy. And I've decided not to make anything with a red sauce for a long time. I think it's better if I go cold turkey off of it.

I guess the NSV there is being able to realize that its a weakness for me, being able to throw away leftovers (AAAAHHHH to throwing away food), and being able to confidently make the decision to cut that out of my diet.
TheActress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:28 PM   #2  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

We all have our weird little quirk foods.... mine is pizza and mexican rice!

I used to say that one of my butt cheeks was a pepperoni pizza and the other was rice!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

Way to go!
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:02 PM   #4  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

That is a great NSV! Also, very cute about your daughter and the dancing carrott. Here is another on for both of you.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:15 PM   #5  
it IS all about me!!!

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/165ish

Height: 5'8"

Way to go! I admire your willpower; it is sooo hard for me to deliberately "waste" food.

Yeah, most red sauces have a lot of added sugar, and even without it there's quite a bit in tomatoes themselves. They are fruit, after all. It's hard to find a commercial sauce that doesn't have some form of added sugar. Gawd, they put sugar in everything!
RobinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD View Post
Way to go! I admire your willpower; it is sooo hard for me to deliberately "waste" food.

Yeah, most red sauces have a lot of added sugar, and even without it there's quite a bit in tomatoes themselves. They are fruit, after all. It's hard to find a commercial sauce that doesn't have some form of added sugar. Gawd, they put sugar in everything!
Hunt's canned tomato sauce is significantly better, calorie-wise, than the jarred sauces, and cheaper to boot.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:29 PM   #7  
it IS all about me!!!

Good to know, Shmead - thanks!
Old 08-22-2010, 12:50 PM   #8  
it IS all about me!!!

I have seen this term used a lot, but have not been able to puzzle out it's meaning. What the heck does NSV mean?
Old 08-22-2010, 01:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/211/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown View Post
Non Scale Victory

I had to google it back when I first saw it.
I was JUST about to go google it as I was getting annoyed for the last time at not being able to figure it out!
boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:41 PM   #10  
it IS all about me!!!

LOL, thanks! I don't feel so bad now - usually I can infer the meanings of acronyms, but this one had me at a loss.

Glad to know I wasn't the only one, Boots. :-)
Old 08-22-2010, 07:14 PM   #11  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

What a GREAT nsv! Congratulations!!!!!

I myself give away clothes AS SOON as they get too big... I figure I can't ever get fatter again as I can't afford to replace everything
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:39 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 295/295/160

Height: 5'8

Thanks for all the support guys! I really appreciate it.

Brown- What is liquid sucralose?
TheActress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #13  
from Here to There...

S/C/G: 256.2 lbs/241.2 lbs/120 lbs

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
The Actress wrote: I've since thrown away the leftovers of that spaghetti, much to my dismay
and
Quote:
Robin D wrote: I admire your willpower; it is sooo hard for me to deliberately "waste" food.
FYI I find that pasta and rice, with or without sauce, freezes very well. I freeze these in individual serving sizes for work lunches, or for my son when he comes home from school and wants a 'snack'. Without sauce, I only keep it a couple of weeks because of freezer burn, but with sauce it will keep quite a while.
SeaWave is offline   Reply With Quote