Old 08-17-2010, 10:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 310/262/180 ish

Default I'm finally back OP after a summer of guests and BBQ's

I have been out of it a bit since the 4th of July. I had guests over for a few days, then my sister came in from Kentucky on the 9th of July. Then we went to a family reunion. She stayed at my house for more than a week and cooked fried southern food. Then after she left we took my BF son in for a week. Then after he left my hubbys cousin came to visit with her hubby and nephew for 4 days! I am so worn out! I ate horrible and the worst part is I gained 15 pounds back in less than a month and a half!
I had been down almost 50 lbs! I was 2 pounds shy when the summer hit!

But I went in to the MRC yesterday and recommitted myself to this program. I did okay yesterday until the evening hit and I snacked a bit. Then I was OP all day today and then dinner hit and I had BBQ sauce with my chicken and sour cream. When I was OP b4 we didnt let sour cream in the house or anything else that triggered me and I really need to make my house my safe zone again!

So I just need to go to bed early, not snack tonight and then tomorrow I will be OP again! Yeah !!! I just need to remember it is my job to stay op !!
I wish you all a successful August! I am happy to be back here and back on my weight loss Journey.
PS I dont have the heart to change my ticker.... so as of yesterday I am only 33 lbs down. But hopefully when I weigh in on Thursday I will see a difference already
Ang2877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang2877 View Post
I have been out of it a bit since the 4th of July. I had guests over for a few days, then my sister came in from Kentucky on the 9th of July. Then we went to a family reunion. She stayed at my house for more than a week and cooked fried southern food. Then after she left we took my BF son in for a week. Then after he left my hubbys cousin came to visit with her hubby and nephew for 4 days! I am so worn out! I ate horrible and the worst part is I gained 15 pounds back in less than a month and a half!
I had been down almost 50 lbs! I was 2 pounds shy when the summer hit!

But I went in to the MRC yesterday and recommitted myself to this program. I did okay yesterday until the evening hit and I snacked a bit. Then I was OP all day today and then dinner hit and I had BBQ sauce with my chicken and sour cream. When I was OP b4 we didnt let sour cream in the house or anything else that triggered me and I really need to make my house my safe zone again!

So I just need to go to bed early, not snack tonight and then tomorrow I will be OP again! Yeah !!! I just need to remember it is my job to stay op !!
I wish you all a successful August! I am happy to be back here and back on my weight loss Journey.
PS I dont have the heart to change my ticker.... so as of yesterday I am only 33 lbs down. But hopefully when I weigh in on Thursday I will see a difference already
It is ABSOLUTELY terrifying how fast the weight comes back on. I've gained about half of my weight back (lost 45 lbs) in about 3 months. Once it started coming back, it was almost like I gained 5 lbs a week. Some weeks I didn't even eat that badly, but wasn't on my diet. Carbs will probably be the death of me. LOL I keep thinking it's a bad dream and that I'm not really fat again. But I am.

Congrats on your recommitment! I recommited last week and have made it a full week today. We can do this!
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Welcome back Ang2877, at least the weather is back so in Portland we can go back outside and exercise!

Sounds like you've had a rough time of it, but congratulations for getting back on track to finish what you started. Maybe this experience will help you stay motivated to get all the way through stabilization since without it, it just comes back with vengeance.

Good luck getting back to where you were and beyond!
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:40 AM   #4  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

Default Thanks to everyone

Regaining is what terrifies me the most. I have heard so many stories of people losing tons of weight on MRC and then gaining it all back, and then some. I am starting to really believe that I will have to make many of the MRC dietary restrictions permanent if I want to keep it off. Someone mentioned (in a recent post) the way movie stars have to eat. So it isn't just about dieting...it has to be a permanent lifestyle change!
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:03 AM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

Thats what scares me too, that as soon as I have lost all that I need to, and have a weekend of normal - ish eating (after yo yo dieting for so many years I at least have learned its really about NOT being able to eat whatever I want whenever I want it) that I will wake up and have gained 10 pounds in a weekend!!!

I know several people who have done MRC, and gained it all back and then some. I dont want to fall into that catagory, but I dang sure dont want to never be able to eat ice cream again either, ya know what I mean
theycallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #6  

The real question is a) how many of those people successfully went through stabalization vs. just quit and b) if the reasons they gained in the first place are still around, they'll gain again most likely.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:34 PM   #7  

Thank you everyone for the welcome back! And GoalAug20210 I am happy to see our weather back to normal, so I can get back out and walk. Unfortunately the other part of the story was I injured my knee as well! I was up to exercising 2 miles a day and a pilates workout. So eating off program and not exercising was a double whammy!
I think the true key to MRC is making it to goal weight! I know my body is used to just storing the carbs and fat so it will continue until I get a new body But there are so many good things I have learned from the MRC diet that I didnt from others in the past, so I hope and think this one is going to be the one for me.
Of course the other key is lifestyle change! Last night I finally made Parmesan chicken from the Mrc plan with the melba toast and it was awesome! I had it with sautéd squash and it was really great food! I have to remember how great I ate on this plan! It will probably be permanent for me and its ok!
I have also decided that when I choose to be off program for a holiday, its for a big one like Christmas. The other ones are just not worth it to me and my goal in life...... Oh and one other thing I learned in this regaining process, I learned that when I started gaining the weight back little things irritated me again. Like kids running upstairs, hubby and his weird stuff..LOL Well, I can remember going into the MRC and talking with my gal and she said ya know the things you are talking about and how unhappy you are right now reminds me of the Angela that walked in here at 310 lbs. See I was not happy with myself, I had no energy to take care of my family the way they needed to be taken care of. But when I started gaining back I went in to complain about "poor" me my family is so unappreciative and they want me to do EVERYTHING! My gal said remember when you first started felling good again (even loosing the first 10 lbs) you could move mountains and still take care of your family! Dang she had my number! I had to realize it's not my hubby he didn't change! It was me being unhappy again!!! So if this program takes me a little bit longer to lose weight it is okay, because the lessons I am learning about myself are great. But in all reality I do not ever want to gain this back again. Full speed ahead!
And Goose welcome back as well! You are very right we can do this!
Ladystarrider and Theycallmemom we are lucky to have found support here online, so if we do gain... we can learn from it and loose it again! But hopefully the fear will keep us on track. Best wishes .... Angela
Old 08-18-2010, 02:40 PM   #8  
Never give up!!!

S/C/G: 245/235/185

Height: 5'4"

Everyone calls this a diet, but to me a diet is something you do for awhile then stop because there is an end to it or whatever. I have done many diets, but this one is so different because it is a lifestyle change for sure. Sometimes I think about what it will be like when I'm done, but I tell myself I will never be done because I have to continue to be more conscious of what I eat & how much. If I ever think about going off plan I think back to when I first started, I was always tired didn't want to do anything except sleep. I was so unhappy even though at the time I didn't think I was. I NEVER want to be in that place again so I WILL do whatever I need to do to be as healthy as possible so I can be around for as long as I can, so I can walk up the stairs & not have to rest, so I won't keep myself hidden because I don't like the way I look. This is a life change & I am committed to do the right thing because I love the way I feel right now.
We all can do it. If you ever feel like you want to go off plan or are ready to give up just look at a picture of yourself at your heaviest & remember how you felt then. I know I don't want to go back to that & I'm sure y'all don't want to either. Good job & good luck you us all. We ARE worth it!!!
shannysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Height: 5'5"

hello...I can relate with Ang..I too went off the "diet" this summer and gained 15 out of my 35 back...the lesson I am learning is that this is not a diet but a lifestyle... a change of habit that I yet am not in control of... back I go to finish and go through stabilization....coming here to see others that are in the same place I am helps a lot
iluvindiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:59 PM   #10  
Skinny for Scuba!

S/C/G: 178/149/135

Height: 5'1"

Ditto Aug - I totally believe that the whole stabilzation and maitenance portion of the MRC plan is critical - I don't think I can just get to goal and think I'm done. I need to learn how to eat every day at a level that allows me to MAINTAIN my goal weight - THAT'S the real objective for me.
guinevere75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:18 PM   #11  

Well I was up 15 pounds on Monday.. But I weighed in Yesterday and am down 9 lbs from that. So I have 6 more pounds to go and my lil ticker will match my weight again! Yeah!

Thank you ladies for all the support! I need it more than you know!
Old 08-20-2010, 02:42 PM   #12  

Me too! After 9 days of vacationing in Florida I am starting back full force on Monday. Thought that will be a good day since my kids start school and husband leaves on a business trip.
Karen in McKinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:22 PM   #13  

Wow ang! that was fast! Nice work!
Old 08-20-2010, 08:49 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalAug2010 View Post
Wow ang! that was fast! Nice work!
Thank you very much! I ate fish and water and salads LOL