1 2 1/4 oz. canned olives -- chopped and drained
1 cup chunky salsa -- medium heat
1 cup Ranch salad dressing Fat Free
1 medium Onion -- chopped
2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
2 teaspoons Hot Shot Seasoning
2 cups low fat chedder cheese -- shredded
Fat Free Sour Cream, (opitional)
1. In large Mixing Bowl combine first 9 ingridients. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in x 2in. baking dish.
2. Bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes.

3. Sprinkle with cheese, Bake untill cheese melts & Casserole is hot, about 5-10 minutes.

NOTES : If Hot Shot Seasoning is not availble, Substitute 1 1/2 teas. Black Pepper plus 1/2 teas. Cayenne Pepper.
Old 11-12-2002, 09:45 AM   #2  

This looks great but there's NO WAY it can only be 2 pts per serving.
I'm going to make it and calculate points from ingredients.
Looks like something my family would love.
Thanks for posting. hope it turns out OK in pts category.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:58 AM   #3  

I made it last night and I have good news and bad news. The good news is that my family (husband and teenage son) liked it enough to say "make it again", the bad news is it comes out to 11.35 pts per serving if you divide into 8 servings which is just about right. (For my family I make a dish for 4 and I eat 1 and the boys eat 1.5 each... I froze the other half for later). I included all ingredients in point count except onions since it would only be a couple of T's per serving and sour cream which I didn't add... so you'd have to adjust for that if you add it. (I think it would be good, but it's not a fav at my house.) It was a little on the hot side, but I think maybe my salsa was hot so I shouldn't have added the cayenne pepper. For my family, it would be just right with medium salsa and no cayenne. I think next time I'll cut the tater tots in half since that would cut 2.5 pts and bring it down to the 9 pt range. It would eliminate some of the bulk, but I think you'd get more of the chicken flavor that way. You could also cut the cheese in half and save another 1 pt. (I used Kraft 2%). We also agreed adding bell peppers might give it some extra flavor and color plus could add to the vege count which is nil except for the salsa. I also worked out the exchanges if you're interested. I came up with 1.5 P/3.75 C/.7 F/.4V. Thanks for posting the recipe LilBinkey. It's a keeper!
Closed Thread