Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 10:36 PM   #1  

Unhappy Business trip starts tomorrow

I would like some advice. While I've been a businesswoman for a very long time, I am not an experienced dieter.

I've been invited by a client to a potentially lucrative meeting. So I'm throwing aside the fact that I hate my appearance, and went to Nordstrom to buy an outfit where I'm not pinching myself to fit (I do recommend to all businesswomen out there that they should buy at least one good suit that fits...even if it means going to the "other" section of the store. Seriously. It's nice not to have my blouse gaping or my pants bursting at the waist. I stop worrying about me and focus on business at hand. If any of you are worried about the "W" on clothes, please know that the difference between a 14 and a 14W doesn't show on the outside, but well fitting clothes make all the difference when you're sitting on a sofa in a lobby or across a desk from a client.).

Okay, enough of my blab. Here's my concern: what can I order at hotels that won't throw me for a complete reverse? What is okay on a buffet -- if anything? I do border on hypoglycemia, so please don't say fruit. I love fruit -- used to live on fruit and oatmeal until I got the shakes so bad in a meeting we had to postpone. I don't ever want to relive that situation.

So, knowing that grains/fruit mix is out and I have to have protein, does anyone have any suggestions?

Would love to hear from you. Hopefully in the next few days.

I hope you're all well!!
Old 03-06-2003, 02:01 AM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Grilled chicken, grilled fish, whole grain pasta, brown rice, veggies, no sauces on anything.

Or did you just mean for breakfast? Egg white omelet w/tons of fresh veggies.
Old 03-06-2003, 03:21 PM   #3  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Good for you for preparing ahead of time!

Since your hypoglycemia, I would stick with healthy proteins. Eggs are always a good choice (egg whites are best). If we're talking a grand buffet, order an egg white omlette with grilled chicken breast and some salsa. Very yummy. If you're not an egg person, try some cottage cheese.

I also recommened checking out the Zone Diet books since your hypoglycemic. They're all about leveling your insulin levels.
Closed Thread