South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-18-2010, 01:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243.2/241/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Slighty Frustrated

While I have to start off saying that I love this diet. It is definitely more of a lifestyle change than a diet. I have lost about 20lbs in the 4 weeks and couldnt be happier. My rings are fitting better, jeans aren't as tight; however, when I measure inches lost my waist is still the same size and Im busting my butt in the gym.

My main concern is I started this diet to fit in my wedding dress which was too tight 6 months after I bought it. I weigh less now than I did when I bought it, but it is still a little tight.

I am not sure what to do
Speck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

I think the sad reality is we can't dictate where we lose inches and we our body changes over time. Most would tell you that eating this way gives you your best shot at losing belly fat. I have found that even when I weight what I did in the past, my waist is now bigger. Sigh.

I have always heard that hard cardio is best for losing fat over the belly and that ab work only tons what is underneath. Honestly, I have not found any miracle to whittling my waist. But it sure can't hurt to keep at the gym like you are and keep up the eating.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 166.4/156.2/135

Height: 5'5

Congrats on your weight loss!

I agree we cannot pick and choose where we lose weight, and I am lucky that have seen most of my weight loss in my hips and stomach. Try and focus on just feeling better and not the wedding dress itself, maybe that will help you...

And what kind of exercise are you doing? your body get soo used to the same thing you need to shake up your muscle memory. i find that kickboxing really shakes up my routine. i take a class at a local karate studio, its in the evenings and for women only. maybe something like that is offered near you?

keep up the great work!!
snackiejackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:37 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

When is the wedding? You probably could whittle your waist with a waist cincher if it's still tight.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 243.2/241/160

Height: 5'7"

I have exactly 30 more daysfor the wedding which I know I can lose more by then I guess the numbers arent matching up with inches and that was frustrating
Speck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:14 PM   #6  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

It sucks but it's true that it isn't a linear line where we lose our weight. I'm having the same problem. genetics dictate that my weight hangs out in my belly/hip area. when I first started losing weight, i lost from my chest (figures!) and hips/butt first, and then finally the belly fat started moving.

make sure you're getting lots of water and maybe try talking to a personal trainer at your gym (mine do consults for free) about things that you could do to blast the fat faster.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:48 PM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I do agree with the others, that continuing to do what you are doing is the best bet. I don't think that switching diets at this point is going to help at this point-not when you're looking at 30 days.

I remember my body was changing lots between 4-8 weeks.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195.6/185.6/140

Height: 5'2"

First of all, congratulations on your weight loss and the upcoming wedding!!!!!

I agree with SnackieJackie that you may need to switch up your routine at the gym. I would also for just the month count calories to make sure you stay around a target number. I'm going to probably do this starting next week for a week or two because I've stalled out with my weight loss for about two weeks.

I'm getting married in about 10 months. (yay!!) I would try a different long bra/corset to suck it in a little more. They can do amazing things. I was shocked how good I looked in a wedding gown even at my start weight. haha (I'm waiting a little while longer to try on more dresses).

Last edited by Jlyne327; 08-18-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Jlyne327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:14 AM   #9  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Sometimes I would go for months without losing any, then whoosh, a big glob of weight would come off (not what you wanted to hear I'm sure since you are in a time crunch!) Just plan on wearing a "sucker upper" and don't stress about it. Stress can make your body hold on to weight. You will be a beautiful bride!!!!
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:17 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8"

Try incorporating some principles of the belly fat diet - i.e. eat only mono unsaturated fats and have some at each meal. I think it's working for me.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:14 AM   #11  

My wedding is in December and I'm in the same predicament. All I can say is save your gym money and go to Amazon and purchase Callanetics-10 Years Younger in 10 Hours. IT WORKS. If you don't believe me, take a trip over to lowcarbfriends and check out their Callanetics thread.
AnnieC is offline   Reply With Quote