Old 08-18-2010, 08:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default Read something that made a light bulb go of....thoughts?

I was reading The Weight Loss Diaries by Courtney Rubin and I read one paragraph that made me go "ah ha!"

But mostly I've learned how little of being overweight is really about food. It's about priorities and boundaries and fear and avoidance of anything you don't want to feel. It's about demands that are too high and resources that are too low. I've also learned I'm not alone in feeling alone. I've learned that if I sneak my food, it won't ruin the facade I've created, but it will rot me on the inside.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:52 AM   #2  
I want to feel better

S/C/G: 291.2/???/healthier

Height: 5 foot 3.5 inches

I read this book and really liked it, maybe I'll read it again. I so agree with this paragraph. I'm overweight because I eat too much food. But why I eat too much food is for various reasons. I don't feel like going to the gym after I work 12 hours. And then I come home and eat something not healthy, since I didn't go to the gym. After work today, I'm going to a watch a volleyball match, taking my mother and MIL with me. I'll be gone from 9 an to 9 pm. When do I exercise? Okay, I started just whining about myself now, sorry, wasn't the intent. But I totally agree with this.
MablesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:46 AM   #3  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Great messafe - very true!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote