Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 03:51 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Default ~~~Jaded Ladies # 4~~~

Here we go... this is a small group of ladies (I use that term loosely ) who help each other through the jouney of weight loss and all of life's ups and downs with encouragement, humor and caring. Please join us - we would love to have you post with us.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:00 PM   #2  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Man, it didn't take long to get to the new thread...what was that, a week and a half?

I just had some yummy Indian food as a birthday meal--I LOVE that stuff. Now its time to take a post prandial stroll.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:47 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

I just barely got the new thread started, then the phone went out in the whole area. That happens out here in the sticks.

Happy Birthday, Kat!! - Are you close to 40 yet, or not talkin? I had to look up "prandial". For those of you who also had no clue to it's meaning, it means "of or relating to a meal" Hmmmm I bet you've wanted to work that into the conversation for a while, huh? How about this - my weight gain was prandial.... Hope you have had a wonderful birthday, Kat. You deserve it!

Essey - I can surely understand your frustration over the job situation. Maybe it would be best to just find something else now while there is still money coming in. Easier said than done, I know.

Hello also to Carree, Donna, Julie and Ruth.

Back in January when I started over with WW, I made a new list of reasons to get the weight off. I looked it over today and although improved health is a definite incentive, there are also some reasons that made me laugh. But they are true! Like, I want to be thinner than a certain extended family member who thinks she is waaayyy smaller than me, even though the difference is not all that much - less than 2 sizes. Anyway, I also remembered the pantyhose incident and that gave me another reason to keep on trying. You guys are a great incentive, too.

TTFN,
Jana

Last edited by Jana; 03-05-2003 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:02 PM   #4  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Jana,

Thanks for pointing out fun reasons to keep on keeping on. I do have one niggling little one in my back pocket--I want to send a skinny pic of me to my butthead ex and really rub it in--especially with anice little note letting him know that I'm (will be in a bit over a year) bringing in 40G/year. *grin*

As for the birthday, I'm turning 36 and am thrilled to be approaching 40. I loved turning 30 and I bet 40 will be even better!
Old 03-06-2003, 08:02 AM   #5  

Hey ladies!

Jan: Like the idea of "sticking it to a relative!" Unfortunately, the one I would like to rub it in to is dead. He was my mom's brother and called me fat and ugly ugly names my whole life. At my graduation party where there were friends, teachers etc besides family, he said I was a fat cow and to get out of the food line as I didn't need any. The man was evil and is probably burning in **** right now, but even as sick as he was, I would NEVER wish that fate on anyone.

MissFrog: I hope you look at 50 the way you do 40. I turn 50 in Sept (part of the reason for losing), and don't mind the number so much as it is a to get old! Everything quits working right, your boobs fall south of the Mason Dixon, as well as your butt and your arches! All the celebrities you grew up with are dropping like flies and your new choices flounce around like they just bounced off the Chicken Ranch.

I had dgs for almost all day yesterday. I sat for him in the am, went to the mall and did my walk and came home and she called and asked if I could come and get him. She had a migraine and was vomiting so out I trooped again. He didn't want to leave his mom until Nonny bribed him with his favorite; a trip to TCBY for "pink ice cream with M and M's." You know us grannies, we let the kid do stuff the mom would kill us for and I let him ride in my car with the window down so he could put his little hand out. I kept asking if he was cold and he would say, "No, I not!" Poor little guy wanted it down so when we got to Jack's plant to pick him up he could yell, "surprise" to his granddad, but fell asleep 1/2 mile before we got there! We took him where he wanted to eat for dinner, "Cwacker Bawal" and boy he ate like a trooper. The one thing bad that happened (though it cracked up the whole restaurant!) was they dimmed the lights. Now T is afraid of the dark so when that happened, he thought they were turning them out and yelled, "WHO TURNED OUT THE LIGHTS?" Hard to believe the little stinker is only 2 1/2!

I have to finish posting so I can go downstairs, do the morning chores, and torture my lower body with resistance training this am!

TTFN
Donna
Old 03-06-2003, 08:38 AM   #6  

Morning,

KAT, happy birthday!!! Wow, I like your reason that you gave for losing weight. Wouldn't it be great to be a fly on the wall when he got that letter and saw your picture. Talk about a visual!!

JANA, great idea to write down your reasons for wanting to lose weight. Probably something that I should do.

I have wanted to organize my photos for years. I wanted to start scrapbooking, but I just don't have the time. So, I just decided to put them in regular photo albums. It is still very time consuming. Arranging them in chronological order can be difficult after so much time has gone by.I've been able to get close by using either the home we were in or the camera I was using to group the photos. I have completed 4 albums and they probably contain over 750 photos. They now range from 1975 to 1990. Wow, just 13 more years to go!! But over half of those are already in books, I just have to go through them and find the photos that my dds have taken and replace them. That won't be too hard to do since I was using an APS camera. (The camera that prints an index card of the photos on each roll)

DONNA, sounds like you had a fun evening with the grandson. I hope your daughter is feeling better.

ESSIE, I will keep you in my prayers with your job situation.

Well, I need to get ready for school. I'll check in with you later.

Ruth
Old 03-06-2003, 11:09 AM   #7  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Hooray...I'm officially 36! *doing the nekkid happy dance*
One year closer to meeting imporant life goals, and one year further away from unhappy, unsatisfying, painful old experiences and memories. ;D

I realized that I never answered the question about my handle--FROPVD stands for Flow Restricted Oxygen Powered Ventilation Device. Its a device we use to mechanically ventilate (breathe) for patients in an emergency setting. It used to have the nice simple name of "demand valve" but the powers that be decided to give it that ridiculous name. I thought it silly, took it as a handle as a joke, and it stuck. 9 years later I answer to "Fro" as easily as my real name. *grin* No frogs involved in the handle whatsoever, although I do have a tree frog photo pasted over my face on my hospital ID badge. *lol*
Old 03-06-2003, 11:42 AM   #8  

Kat: As usual, I am old and senile and didn't see your user name correctly. Sorry! Happy Happy birthday by the way! Oh, to be 36 again.....Nah, that would mean the kids were still in the house! I do hope your birthday is a very special one. Today is my niece's 12th birthday.

For all you other ladies. I hope today is an incredible OP day for you. You all take care!

Donna
Old 03-06-2003, 11:48 AM   #9  
The Rockinghorse Gal

*lol* I sincerely doubt that you are senile, and the 50s are NOT old. I actually thought it was funny, especially in light of my name badge photo. (I change it periodically...for a while it was of Einstein when he was in his 30s)
Old 03-06-2003, 02:16 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

Dang, a person leaves for a little while and there are a bunch of new posts! I love it!

Kat (Fro)- You crack me up - you really do! Who else but you would have a handle like that, and get it to stick?? I never minded my age, either, but have to admit the body does change quite a bit. Especially about the saggy boobs. I say my bra size is a 44 LONG - Ha Ha Ha!! And my hands look like my mothers. Which ain't all bad - she was a hard working woman!

Donna - So sorry you had to put up with that peice of crap uncle! Why do some people feel that insults are the way to help someone else change - and I betcha anything this guy wasn't exactly Mr. America himself. It's usually the slimy weidos who think they know how to improve others.

Ruth - You are making such good progress with the photos! Your family will thank you someday for taking the time now to organize all of them.

Essey - Hope things are fine at your house.

Carree -don't make me come after you!! Where in the world are you and why haven't you checked in with us?? We miss you!

Got all my shopping done today and have a roast with potatoes and carrots in the crock pot. The house smells yummy! Tomorow is the big party, so younger dd and I have some preparations to do tonight for that.

Ciao bellas,
Jana
Old 03-07-2003, 08:39 AM   #11  

Good morning ladies.

I only have a minute as I have to go and sit for the dgs again today. Jana knows how I hate to do that!

Jana: Hope you and Katie and the family have a great time with her party. Don't eat too much cake and other junk I am sure the teens will have!

Kat: How is the ole psych rotation going? I was a psych major in college and worked later in a facility with mostly nonviolent developmentally disabled, but we had this one lovely lady, Lola, who was bi-polar and whoowhee. She would turn on you in a minute and brother was she strong. I used more 5 point restraint with her than with anyone. When she was up, she was such an adorable woman though.

I keep hoping it will warm up today. It is supposed to be in the 60's and 70's tomorrow and the sun IS shining today.

Well, I gotta run. Everyone have a great day!

Donna
Old 03-07-2003, 12:25 PM   #12  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Man, 60s and 70s? I wish! We were at -15 again last night, and my apt. is a sieve, so that means it was bloody cold inside as well. I can't wait for mud season to arrive, because it means warm weather will not be far behind.

The psych clinical is going well, though we missed it this week due to instructor illness--I'm stuck trying to figure out what area to target in my care plan for my psychotic patient. I've not yet seen him do anything untoward, although he does tend to emulate the staff, and does it well enough that he might be mistaken for one of them if you didn't know better. Of course, I've only had a chance to work with him one on one twice, and he was quite lucid both times. It is an interesting place...one man managed to sneak up behind me and started fondling my barrette...I handled it calmly enough and thanked him for the compliment on it, but I still want to know how he snuck up behind me--I'm just glad he was only interested in my hair adornment!
Old 03-08-2003, 07:17 AM   #13  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

Kat - Be glad it was only the barrette he fondled! It will be interesting to see how his personality unfolds...

Donna - It is supposed to be warm here today, too. We are all so needy for a warm day! I plan to spend as much of it outside as possible.

Well, the party was very loud, but they were really having a good time, and were unusually neat with the snacks and stuff. One of the boys was the DJ, and brought his strobe light and big speakers. It kind of took me back a little, lol. The 6 girls who spent the night are in there now talking it all over - one of them has to leave soon - and the things they say are so funny! Boys, clothes, and music are the main topics now, just as they were in the 60's with my friends and me. It never changes, does it??

Have a good Saturday!
Jana
Old 03-08-2003, 08:34 AM   #14  
Fit and Feisty

Hi Everyone and a big welcome to Essey!

So sorry I haven't posted in awhile. This thread is now jumpin', and I am way behind in reading all of the entries.

Happy Birthday Kat! I do believe this is THE YEAR for you! You will reach your goals both weightwise and career as well! Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Remember....the time goes by anyway.

I am just so tired when I get home from work. I have survived a year and a half with the boss from ****. God has given me favor in his eyes, and he seems to be mellowing a bit. But my brain is on overload, and some nights I don't even go to the computer to read the threads, and that is not like me. I am still very thankful to have a job, and also that DH has a job. He was out of work for almost two years.

Okay, also I am so very weary of the WINTER THAT WON'T GO AWAY here in New England. ENOUGH ALREADY!. This last storm just did us all in.

The sun is out today, and it is a new day.

God Bless All,
Love,
carree
Old 03-08-2003, 10:54 AM   #15  

Hi everyone!
Beautiful day but more rain and snow on the way. Suppose to start warming up near the end of next week. I hope so this is getting depressing. Maybe I will get the hubby to take me out for a ride to get out of the house. Nothing else here. I am starting some classes next week. One night I am doing a Microsoft Office class and on Saturday a class so that I can voluteer at the local abused woman shelter. That is my passion right now.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Closed Thread