Old 08-17-2010, 07:39 AM   #1  

Default Steel Magnolias #40

Good morning ladies! It is under 80 this morning and nice and cool! Whoohoo! It is 77 in the house, which is the coolest it has been in a long time. It is lovely outside this morning too. Of course, it is going to get into the 90's today, but I am going to revel in the cool the few hours I have it.

My clothing and swimsuit come today and I am excited to get them and see if they fit properly. This company makes the clothes to certain specifications and my problem is my waist is so much smaller than my big tuchus! Swimsuits are another issue because to get to fit over the afforementioned body part, then the upper part flops around because it is too big.

Susan: Ok, I know you have told me a bazillion times since we have posted here together, but are you short? I wondered about the 140 lbs unless you are an itty bitty gal. Sounds like the silver sneakers program is doing well for you. I need to start strength training again. I have the weights and the resistance rope and such and can get a program going for that while it is hot. I am sitting here trying to concentrate on what I am talking to you about with "The Nanny" on and that show cracks me up and I get distracted. Her mother just said she was trying to spice up her marriage by "appearing naked at the front door when daddy comes home, meanwhile, you will never see another Jehovah's Witness at my door again." lololololol I remember the old 70's marriage book saying you should wrap yourself naked in Saran Wrap and meet him at the door. Oy, the amount of plastic wrap for me!

Maggie: I make the little wienies or sausages in a crockpot with a jar of grape jelly and a jar of chili sauce. They always go over gangbusters with the family as it makes a great sweet and sour sauce.

Jean: Have you heard from your long lost hubby since he left the country? I wondered how the fish were biting since the weather has been so nuts all over the country. I like the chores in the box idea, but then you have to go drawn one out and do it. Me, I would put the box up in the cabinet and forget it! I did get the bathrooms clean yesterday but boy it was hot up there. I am going to get upstairs and dust and vacuum this morning before the house heats up so it will be done. Other than that nothing on the horizon. I have been playing hidden objects games, which I enjoy, especially the puzzle parts. It keeps my sluggish brain a little sharper. Did you read the story about the woman who back in 1993 had a motorcycle and then a few months later a car accident and it caused such brain damage that she remembers nothing past 1994? She keeps dozens of post it notes on her fridge to remind her what to do. She only remembers her husband because she met him before 94, but she forgets her wedding everyday. She has gotten so bad that she sits down and reads a book and forgets the previous pages and has to go back to the beginning over and over again or just give it up. I think that would have to be so depressing.

I guess I should get out of here and do the points for dinner. We are having baked steak with potatos and green beans.

Have a good day! Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:17 AM   #2  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's cool and has started to rain in my corner of the world. I noticed cracks in the yard yesterday so know we are dry. I have to sub in the gift shop this afternoon, so want to do some ironing this morning while it is cool.

Bob got home last night. The weather was cold (40s), windy, and rainy . . . crappy both days of fishing. They caught their limit and quit early on the 2nd day. Where they cross the border, closes at 8 PM, and doesn't open until 8 AM, so they had to stay put rather than come home early. They have TV, and were tired, so didn't suffer any.

"Gma" -- I didn't see your post yesterday since I was a few minutes behind you and it didn't show right away. on the 3.5# loss! Whenever Bob runs water at the kitchen sink it looks like he took a shower with water on the floor, down the cupboard doors, on the counter, etc. He is pretty neat in his bathroom though. I'm sorry you have had to rearrange you vacation plans again. The dolphin cruise sounds like fun; we did a sunset cruise on our first trip to Maui and saw more whales than when we went out on the whale watching boat. I watch the Nanny show once in awhile and can't believe that parents let their children get so out of control. Sometimes I think their mind set is that it is easier to sit in the chair and yell rather than get up to correct the behavior. I did see the program about the gal with the memory loss on the Today Show yesterday. She couldn't remember Matt's name even. That would be frustrating -- I saw her sticky not to feed the cat.

Maggie -- It's nice you have a glass project to work on again. I haven't seen you posting about that lately. Thanks for sharing the recipe! That combiniation is not something I would think to put together, but will give it a try sometime.

Susan -- Every time I have my height measured, I get a different #! I used to be 5' 4 1/2", but the last few years have ranged from 5' 3" to 5' 3 3/4". Guess I should have Bob do it and see what he finds. My previous doctor gave me a WW goal of 150#s; I know I would really see a big change in appearance at that weight. I'm thinking the WW goal is around 130, but I could be wrong. It seems like when older people lose a lot of weight, their skin gets more saggy and more wrinkled which makes them look older. I don't want to look any older than I do now!!! I'd have about 25#s to go to 150 so that is doable . . . 130 I'm not so sure about.

My washer is working on fish clothes so will move on to the next load. Have a terrific Tuesday!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 08-17-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:31 AM   #3  

Jean: I was watching the old rerun of the sitcom "The Nanny" with Fran Drescher. I don't watch the reality ones because I can't believe how out of control the kids are either. Sorry I mixed you up. I am sure you wondered why I thought the show was so funny.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:31 PM   #4  
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Tuesday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Well ladies it is muggy here in the heartland. It is just on 11a and the temp is 68 with a whopping 90% humidity. Yep I am so thankful for air conditioning. I try to make it quick out to the truck when we want to go somewhere well a fast mosey anyway. Still haven't gotten word that we can get the tags for the Jeep. Looks like it is time to get our legal folks involved for one place said they sent them and the other place denies it. We are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Looks like we are about to get some nice crook neck squash out of the garden. I like it baked with spices and "can't believe it's not butter" on it. Life is good. The farmers market still has that delicious corn on the cob.

DONNA FAYE Isn't it nice for you that it is cooling off somewhat. Makes it easier to breathe. I am happy you received your clothing order now try the items on and let us know if they will work for you. Don't you just hate tryinng on clothes in this heat. Thanks for that little weenie recipe. I am going to definitely try them that way next go round. It's so easy and tasty sounding.

JEAN That is what I thought when I first read that recipe then decided to give it a go and it is delicious. A real crowd pleaser. So Bob is back and brought home fish. Nice fresh fish. Yumm. I have some projects cut out and need some light fixtures for them but was waiting for a bigger order to submit. I am currently making some boxes that don't take light fixtures. I got the glass cut for the jig to make those whirlie gig thingies but they are rather complicated and I didn't want to tackle making some of them just yet. I do have a nice piece of red glass which I will be making a barn for that gal that wants one. I am as busy as I want to be with it. Some days I just want to do other things. Ha! I am taller than you by a tad for I measure to be 5'5". In my school days I was 5"6" so have shrunk an inch ~ probably due that disk removal in my back years ago plus age shrinkage. WW also says I should weigh in the 150 range.

SUSAN Howdy to you this beautiful day. Hope all goes well with you.

Time to go see what I can round up for lunch. Type at y'all later.

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:42 PM   #5  

Good evening, ladies! Hot and humid today.

I had work today and then went to the Y for my strength training workout. I'm having broiled catfish, baked potato and green beans for supper. One of our former long-time tenants passed away and the memorial service is tomorrow so I'll go to that with my boss in the morning. She was 82, had lung cancer and it spread to her brain.

Faye, I like those Nanny reruns, too. Did you watch Pawn Stars last night. That gamblers case was something! I was 5'6 but the osteoporosis has shrunk me to 5'4-1/2". I hope I don't lose anymore bone - one of the reasons I'm doing the Y is to hopefully at least keep the bone I have if not build more. I also have small bones. When I was at my heaviest, I was sure I had large bones. LOL

Jean, The goal weight for WW for
5'3" is 118 - 141
5'4" is 122 - 146
5'5" is 125 - 150
so it seems my doctor is not too out of line. So far and I don't have anymore wrinkles or loose skin. I'm glad Bob got his limit of fish. We'll all be over for a fish fry. What kind did he catch? I hope you time in the gift shop today was better than Saturday. We need rain, too.

Maggie, I hope you are having a good day. You are taller than me and Jean!

Ladies, do keep up with your bone scans. It's important not to get osteo! Have a great evening.

Last edited by QuilterInVA; 08-17-2010 at 05:47 PM.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:51 PM   #6  
Thin Within

Talking Late Afternoon

GOOD LATE AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

I'm having baked fish for dinner and got a couple good recipes out of that "ReaLemon" recipe collection book and thought I would share them with y'all because they are really good. That is one of the books Will bought used for a quarter. It is packed with neat recipes all using lemon juice.

QUICK TARTAR SAUCE
Makes about 1 cup
¾ cup salad dressing (I use lite Miracle Whip)
2 Tbsp pickle relish, drained
1 Tbsp chopped green onion
1 Tbsp ReaLemon juice

In a small container with a lid
Combine ingredients
Mix well
Chill to blend flavors

TANGY COCTAIL SAUCE
Makes about 1 cup
¾ cup chili sauce or catsup
3 Tbsp ReaLemon juice
½ tsp prepared horseradish
½ tsp Worcestershire sauce

In a small container with a lid
Combine ingredients
Mix well
Chill to blend flavors

I also have a loaf of Ricotta bread baking in my small bread machine. AH life is good.

Hope all of y'all are having a wonderful day. Type later.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:19 PM   #7  
Thin Within

Talking Back

Back for a QUICKIE

SUSAN Got the e-mail that you had posted and came here and we must have been posting at the same time because you weren't there when I posted those recipes. Sorry about your friends passing. It is really sad when that cancer hits. Since my height falls within that range of 125 ~ 150 I really would like to get down to 144 which falls within that range so I would weigh a gross and not just look gross with all this weight I packed on. Am I repeating myself? Sometimes I do that. Sounds like you have good skin that shrinks when you do. Do you take those once a year bone meds or the the weekly ones? I take a tab each Tuesday morning. Gotta keep those bones strong.

Hope everyone is having a good evening.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:17 AM   #8  

Good morning gals. Just a short one this morning as my doggie is sick and it seems the only time he is calm is sitting in my lap today. If he isn't better by this afternoon we will be taking him to the vet. He must have gotten into something in the backyard again as he is vomiting and loose stools. I gave him some of his medication that the doctor gave me for what he called "doggie colitis" but is hasn't helped so far. He can't take another dose until tonight and I feel so bad for him.

My stuff came last night and UGH! The swimsuit was made of a very thin rayon that stretched all out of shape and was see through so back it goes. I am very mad about it as they charge a 10% restocking fee for refunds and before I ordered it I emailed them and asked them about swimming in the suit and was it durable fabric and such and they outright lied to me. On top of that, the capris I am keeping but the cotton fabric in them is pretty thin too. The tshirts are going back because they don't fit, but since they were on sale all I can get is store credit so this was a total bust. I found a suit at Junonia so will buy it, I was just trying to keep from having to buy a 100$ swimsuit this late in the season and one I am hoping will be huge on me next year.

No personals today. I need to get back to Fortune. Have a good hump day all! Faye
Old 08-18-2010, 09:46 AM   #9  

Good Morning, Flowers! It is cloudy and cool at 62 degrees. We could use a nice gentle rain. The cat hating neighbor caught a skunk in his live trap; I wonder if it is the same one who was on our deck. Yesterday I signed up for another time slot in the gift shop; it's the first Tuesday morning of each month, 9 - 12:30. The coffee shop is busier in the mornings so I will get to see more people.

"Gma" -- It doesn't take much to mix me up! I didn't realize there was a movie The Nanny. I am so sorry about Fortune! I hope he is feeling better as the day goes on. I know how frustrating ordering clothes can be! They always look better in the pictures than on me. I hope that you can find a bathing suit you like. You'd think they would be having big sales this time of year.

Maggie -- You sure are having trouble getting your Jeep mess straightened out. Good luck! Bob let Jason keep all 4 fish. We like fish right out of the lake and into the frying pan. I'm more apt to buy frozen and bake it. Actually, we are not big fish eaters and I hate having the house smell like fish after cooking it. Thanks for sharing your recipes; they sound like keepers!

Susan -- I'm sorry about the tenant's death. Cancer of any kind is so devastating. My dad died of lung cancer. I forgot to ask Bob what kind of fish they caught. To me a fish is a fish; my favorite is the perch and sunfish we used to catch off the dock in northern Minnesota. Bob let Jason keep his 2 fish so Jason ended up with all 4.

I'm not dressed yet so am going to do that first and then do some cupboard digging. Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday! The week is flying by!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 08-18-2010, 12:30 PM   #10  

Good afternoon, ladies! Raining today and only 85 so far.

I went to the memorial service this morning. This afternoon I'm going to the Y to walk on the treadmill and do the arm cycle. Tonight is quilting bee so I have a busy day going. I like being busy.

Faye, poor Fortune! and poor you having to clean up after him. I was really leery of buying a swimsuit site unseen, but I did get lucky. I keep forgetting to tell you, if you go to www.ymcamemphis.org you can see the classes and all the information about the various Y branches near you. Also, I don't know if it is just here but probably national, if you are over 55 you don't have to pay the joining fee. The fees that are listed are for those earning $60k a year or more as shown on you 1040 for the adjusted gross income. We only have one Y in the county so it is what it is. You have many to chose from and it looks like the rates per month vary so it's probably based on size, location, and what they have to offer.

Jean, the gift shop will be a lot more fun for you when you actually have people coming in. Bathing suits are all gone in the stores - until January. The sales were at the end of June and early July around here. How dumb that is.

Maggie, I take Fosamax every Friday. Thanks for the recipes; I'll be trying them.

Have a great day!

Last edited by QuilterInVA; 08-18-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:40 PM   #11  
Thin Within

Talking Humpday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is in the high 70's this day with lower humidity than yesterday. The left side of my throat hurts a bit ~ Wills hurt Sun-Tue this week so I probably caught it from him. I do still have my tonsils. I have a very lean roast in the crock pot this day and it will take awhile to cook since I put it in there frozen. I think I will make shredded beef out of it for burritos. I would have cooked it in my new pressure cooker but since it was frozen it didn't fit in it properly. It probably won't be done by dinner time so I had better get busy and plan on what to fix. I think it will probably be done after services this evening which is a bit too late to be eating the evening meal.

DONNA FAYE OOO sexy see through bathing suit. I certainly don't blame you for sending it back. That is terrible of them not telling you the truth about it. It probably disappears when it gets wet. UGH Hopefully you can find one this late in the season that will work for you. Poor Fortune. Little scudder being so miserable. Good thing he has you for a care taker.

JEAN My favorite fish is an ocean one called Red Snapper. So tender and mild white meat. "They" say the week flys by if you are having fun and others say it is because we are getting old. If the fish Bob caught were on the small size it is good the did give them away.

SUSAN Busy days are good. My weekly med is called Alendronate 70mg. How many ladies attend your quilting bee? And are you working on a special project now?

I have got to go stick my head in the freezer and figure out what to cook for dinner. Type at y'all later
Old 08-19-2010, 08:41 AM   #12  

Good morning girls! It has been several days of cooling off overnight and it has been wonderful. It gets down into the upper 70's and the swelling in my feet has gone down so now I know it is heat related.

Fortune is better I am hoping. He had quit the vomiting and stuff by yesterday midday and last evening I gave him 2 scrambled eggs. He was ok overnight so I fed him one of those small dog foods in the little cartons so we shall see if that stays down and in so to speak. So far so good. I have to tell you that Pepto Bismal works better than prescription meds. Years and years ago Kelly had a beagle that got sick as a puppy. We took him to an emergency clinic here in Memphis (we were stationed here at the time) and the vet said you could give tiny amounts to dogs for sick tummies. I gave Fortune a dose on Tuesday night and his antibiotic med that I keep here. The meds did nothing, but I gave him a second dose of pepto Wed morning and he has been ok since. I give him about 1/4 tsp of the stuff in one of those little paper drinking cup because it makes far less mess trying to get it down him than on a spoon. Keeping my fingers crossed he is back to normal now.

Jean: You crack me up. I guess I really messed with your head. I WAS watching tv, but it was the comedy tv show "The Nanny." It runs on Nick at Night a lot. She is an updated version of "I Love Lucy" basically and so you know I would love it. In fact, Fran Drescher's favorite actress is Lucille Ball and she says she emulates her in her comedy. I did find a suit at a site called Junonia. It is plain purple with black staps and is a tank suit. They lean towards exercise clothing and such so the suit is more like one for serious swimmers and not your average sit at the pool thing. The problem is that the larger sizes in suits are sold out everywhere online and there is nothing in the stores now as Susan said. Sad thing really, but the fact is the obesity rate has run amok so everyone needs the upper sizes. I have found that anything above a 2x size sells out quicker than large, xl and 2x, which would be 18,20,22. Anyway, I ordered it so it should be here the end of next week and I hope it fits.

Susan: The 2 y's I would use, one of which is about 5 miles from my house, has a 60 yr old senior limit, but I wonder if Jack did the application for family instead would we have to pay for me too? The family is $75 to join and $75 a month at the two Y's we would use but no membership fee for Jack. We did belong, but let our membership lapse. I would like to go back though in the future. We shall see what happens. Have you ever seen that show "Holmes on Holmes" on HDTV? I love it and I think he is such a wonderful man to do the things he does for people.

Maggie: You are welcome for the recipe. Super simple, in a crockpot, put a large jar of any grape jelly even the cheap stuff, a whole bottle of chili sauce and mix it up, dump in a package of those cocktail wienies or sausages and just let them "stew." It would be a nice thing to take to a potluck as you just dump it in the crockpot and leave it. I have never had to take any of the stuff home as kids as well as adults seem to love them.

Have you all tried the new little mini cheeseburgers that WW has? They are 4 pts apiece and are "slider" size, but they are really pretty good. I am partial to those, the baked ziti and their breakfast sandwiches. I also like their ice cream treats. For the most part, I buy Lean Cuisine in frozen meals because they have the best taste. I like their pizzas. I buy the cheese pizzas and put some mushrooms on top and it is like having a real treat. Keeps you away from the Dominoes that's for sure! lol

I think we have finally decided to forego the cruise for another time for a couple reasons. I want to be down to goal weight to really enjoy being able to walk a lot on excursions and such and though I will be a huge amount better by next year I will still have a ways to go so want to hold off. I also am getting tons of cheap hotel prices for Vegas and you know Vegas and me. Our favorite hotel is offering $30 a night rooms so we feel we can't pass that up. We still have a year until we take a big vacation again, but I can book for next August now and get the cheaper price. On top of that you can get up to 40% off some of the shows. Those can't be booked until next year, but truthfully I am afraid Las Vegas is still going to be in a real economic mess come next year. The hotel we stay at has graveyard breafast specials too. Of course you have to get up early it ends at 6 am, but we usually do and then go back to bed for a couple hours! lol I mean, you can get ham steak and eggs with potatoes and toast or a steak and eggs with potatoes and toast for $4. Eggs, potatoes and either saus or bacon is $3. You can get a couple pancakes for the same thing or biscuits and gravy. We have this routine, up early for breakfast, go back to bed then up and out by 10 to sightsee, lunch somewhere then back to the hotel around 1 or so, then out to the pool for an hour to swim and people watch, sometimes we get lunch at the Subway or Fuddruckers in the hotel and bring it out to thepool and eat, but then back inside and fool around then out around 4 for more sightseeing, shows in the evening and nice dinners. We do the cheap breakfast and cheap lunches and then do nicer dinners. I always look forward to the Bellagio buffet because I can try stuff I have never had. I had a couple things there last time I hadn't had, lamb, quail, ossobucco, and stuff like that. I found I didn't like the quail much, but the lamb they had was delicious and I liked the ossobucco which was beef of course, but I had never had it before. I plan on trying alligator in Florida. A lot of the restaurants have alligator on their appetizer list so I want to try it.
We shall see if I am brave enough. I want to really stick with WW while on vacation so will probably do a lot of seafood for the most part.

Well I have blabbed enough. I guess I should get out in the kitchen and get myself my breakfast. WW is going really well for us again, which pleases me, in fact, Jack now does not have to buy anymore shorts for vacation as the ones that were too tight now fit him.

Have a great Thursday it is BURN NOTICE night for me and there are only two episodes left. Oh, has anyone watched the show "Memphis Beat?" It is actually pretty good, a little too syrupy with the southern stuff as most people aren't like that except the jr women's club crowd or the sorority ladies groups, but the show is good and has some real humor to it. Faye
Old 08-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #13  

Good Morning, Flowers! Bob had to be at the office early so I've gotten an early start on my kitchen clean-up for the day. It's supposed to be humid and in the 90s through the weekend, but so far it is a beautiful morning with a slight breeze. I have some ironing to do after I finish here, otherwise not much is happening in my corner of the world.

Susan -- When our kids were in the elementary grades, part of their PE class was swimming in the college pool, and always in February. Of course, there were no swim suits to be found at that time of year so I tried to second guess future sizes during the summer. Now I do see suits available around Christmas time, and the PE classes no longer go swimming. I take the generic brand of Fosamax and need to call about the results on my bone density. Thanks for reminding me! Bob brought home walleyes from Canada. He said they caught northerns and some perch but threw them back.

Maggie -- I could smell your roast yesterday! I know you will enjoy it today. Bob said the bigger fish are thrown back in to make baby fish for next year. Evidently they can keep good sized fish though. I know they can't use the live well on the boat but beyond that don't really pay much attention since I don't fish.

"Gma" -- I'm glad Fortune is feeling better. Does he get to eat scrambled eggs very often? I have watched the Holmes on Homes program -- that is one of Bob's favorites. I will have to look for "Memphis Beat" as I'm not familiar with it. Around here a person would make a killing on clothing sales if they wear small and medium. When I worked in the dept. store, it seemed like the medium size had the most in number. Of course that's been close to 25 years ago now. Somehow I thought you would squeeze a trip to Vegas into your vacation plans. I have looked but haven't found the WW mini cheeseburgers yet. We are really slow in getting new products; WM has a better WW selection than either grocery store.

The hospital volunteer coordinator just called asking me to work in the gift shop tomorrow. I have an Aug. schedule and know the lady who should be there -- she fell and broke her hip. I'm wondering if she will come back as she is in the upper 80s age range.

This week has flown by! Hope you all have a terrific Thursday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 08-19-2010, 01:58 PM   #14  
Thin Within

Talking Thoughtful Thursday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is 98 degrees this day and the weather folks say it will be that way through next Tuesday then rain on that day. I slept later than usual and woke up with one horindous headache and my head felt full and I was a slight bit dizzy when I sat up. Popped a couple of Vanquish before even getting dressed and now it is gone. Well, I have been up for awhile now. The roast was so lean that it slices up nicely so I won't be shredding it. I usually use a cheaper cut to shred but that was what I had and it is a different cut of beef. So It will be used for a nice dinner this day. I saved the broth and will use it in some soup later. There just wasn't any fat to skim off the top. It is in a container in the fridge to cool down overnight and after I get off here I willl put it into a zip lock bag and pop it into the freezer. It will be so good in a soup for I put an envelope of dry onion soup on the top of it when it was in the crock pot and that makes for a good broth to use later. I used to make gravy with it but now days I don't have gravy often. Will is working at the museum in the basement this day and will be home for dinner which I will have made to be ready upon his return. Works for me. Some where I got ahold of a neat little paperback called "Garden Magic" by Jerry Baker, America's master gardener. He uses hundreds of motions, potions & lotions for lawn and garden. Stuff like beer, tea, karo, epsom salt, dish soap, etc. Things that help to grow a veggie garden safely. Interesting.

DONNA FAYE I am so glad that Fortune is on the mend. Scrambled eggs are so good for ailing dogs and giving them PB works well also. A lot of the vets meds work for humans also but you have to know what to use for what. I had a book once that told what was what in doggie meds to work for humans. Much cheaper too. I saw a movie once that had the character breaking into a doggie hospital and getting drugs for what ailed him. Interesting. It does seem that all the clothing catelogues I get now are featuring fall clothes and selling their summer wear. Some bathing suits but I didn't check what sizes they still had because I am not in the market to purchase one. Hope the one you ordered will work for you. We hefty folks are the "normal" now or average for we are in the majority. I don't want to be normal. I thought you would end up going to Vegas. We don't gamble but like going there for some of their offerings. We found some great restaurants that the locals frequent that were great in price and offerings on the menu.

JEAN We were fortunate to have olympic sized pools in the schools I attended out in CA. That aided me in swimming like a fish and becoming a certified life guard. AH, those days are gone now. LOL it sounds like a fish story " OH dear we threw back the bigger fish" as he hands over some minnow sized fish. That is too bad that lady broke her hip. Depends on what physical condition she was in if she will bounce back from it at that age. Hopefull she will. In the meantime you are good to sub for her.

SUSAN How goes it with you this lovely day . . .

Type at y'll later. Too hip, gotta go.

Last edited by Maggie; 08-19-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #15  

Good evening, ladies! Raining and 80 degrees this day.

Had work today and then went to the Y and did strength training for 30 minutes and the treadmill 15 minutes.

Faye, I wondered how long you could stay away from Las Vegas with all the great deals! I've watched Holmes on Holmes in frequently. It usually comes on when one of the other programs I watch is on. I am really looking forward the the new shows beginning next month.

Jean, I hope the lady who broke her hip recovers nicely. I wear medium shirts and 14 pants so I can usually find something on sale. It's getting harder to find them among all the larger sizes. When I was so overweight the only place I could get clothes was Lane Bryant. I was sure glad to get back to regular sizes.

Time for my dinner. Y'all have a good evening!

Maggie, I'll bet that roast is delicious.