Old 07-01-2010, 10:06 AM   #1  
Reducing

S/C/G: 161.4/143.0/130.0

Height: 5'3"

Question Low Daily Points

I've been doing WW for about 6 months. I started out at 23 points, which, at the time was a huge adjustment. I've since lost weight, but that's also meant reducing my daily points. I recently moved down to 20 daily points and I'm finding it a lot more challenging in terms of how to divide up my meals.

I'm generally pretty hungry in the morning so I do breakfast of 5-6 points, and then try to do a light lunch of 3-5 points. I generally save 2-3 points for dessert (this is a MUST) and then use the rest on dinner. It's not hard to do when I'm preparing my own meals, but it does get harder if I'm going to be eating out, or drinking, and I've had to cut out snacking almost completely.

I was wondering how others at the low end of the points range divide up their points, and if there was a level at which you felt things got more difficult?
Ms GenghisCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:24 PM   #2  
Just starting

S/C/G: 235/182/140

Height: 5'3"

When I dropped to 22 points last year, the only way I could do it was with adding a night time run, to get a good 4 points back through exercise.
phatchick911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:39 AM   #3  
long journey

S/C/G: 222/197/155

Height: 5' 7''

Well What I do is I often make my version of a chef Salad for supper using tuna/ or some other white leaner fresh/frozen fish ( more oz for the points). With croutons, and then a starchy side I usually can get away with a 4-5 point supper that keeps me going.

Also in my area wieght watcher's has mini slider/ hamburger buns that are 1 point each, w hich I find very tasty and actually filling so I put some sliced chicken ( homemade) extra lean processed if I have to between t hat, and that makes an easy lunch. It gets boring, but this way I can save some points for the "treats".
ifatfirstwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:09 PM   #4  

I get 18 points a day. At the suggestion of my leader I divide my points by 2 and use 9 for breakfast and lunch and 9 for dinner and snacks. Be sure you are having protein with breakfast to stay feeling full. I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks. If you have to use some of your WPAs, that's what they are there for.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:19 PM   #5  

I have 22 points. How I handle it: my breakfast is always 4-5 points (either whole grain cereal with fruit and almond milk, a Kashi frozen waffle with peanut butter and 1/2 banana, egg white omlette with lots of veggies, Morningstar farm links and an egg, etc.). I eat a lot of raw vegetables as a late afternoon snack. I use beans as a Filling Food protein, either on top of a salad or as part of a main dish. Also: I use my activity points each day that I earn them, and I'm not afraid to go deep into my WPA bank.

Hope that helps.
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 285(after pregnancy)/267/150

Height: 5'7"

Though I'm not at that point yet (e.g., low points), some ways to have more points:

Filling foods - add veggies to everything for more bulk

Weekly Point Allowance - you have 35 additional points to use...you can always divide by the week and give yourself 5 extra points a day

The more exercise you do, the more points you earn.

Remember to eat all of your points when you get to this low...you don't want to stall your metabolism!
gerbies is offline   Reply With Quote