Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 11:16 AM   #1  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default Girl Scout Cookies!! Noooooo!

Ok, so I fell for the cute little faces and I said, "Sure, I'll buy some cookies from you sweetheart." And yesterday, they magically appeared on my desk. So, I was a good girl and took them home and put them way back in the freezer where I couldn't see them. HOWEVER, everyone else at work that ordered a million boxes are displaying them on counters and asking me every ten seconds if I tried the (fill in the blank) ones.

Girl Scout cookies are EVIL. They're made with crack that makes them addicting and they're packaged in bright colorful boxes that make them irrestible. Yesterday, I took a dish towel and covered them up in the work kitchen so I didn't have to look at them.

Women, give me strength!
Old 03-04-2003, 12:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Oh, yum! I haven't eaten breakfast yet so that sounds sooo good.

What I usually do is just give them the money for the cookies and don't take the cookies. That way I get a full charitable donation rather than a partial donation, and I don't get all the calories.
Old 03-04-2003, 01:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

they are at the grocery stores. i've turned them down so many times now. NOOOOOOOOOO little girl scounts, don't you see the fat girl? DON'T GIVE HER COOKIES.

hee... dana... do you want to eat some girl scouts?

i hope no one around me buys them.
Old 03-04-2003, 02:15 PM   #4  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Don't get me started on the girl scout cookies! They should be illegal. ..oh the coconut ones.. the mint ones.

They are out of my house now.. (mostly because we ate them :O )
Old 03-04-2003, 04:28 PM   #5  
Catwoman

Is this a seasonal problem or an ongoing one? Luckily by the sounds of it we don't have a problem with girl scout cookies, I don't think I've even seen a girl scout though I'm sure they exist here somewhere there numbers are pretty small.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:09 PM   #6  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

"they are made with crack". I agree.

why don't the girl scouts offer "girl scout rice cakes"? oh, thats right, they wouldn't really sell.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:38 PM   #7  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

That's it! I knew me and Melbourne had a calling but I'm moving to Australia now! Their evil girl scout cult has not made it to to that region of the world, it must be the only way to escape.

BTW, I haven't eaten a single one of them yet... but I am getting hungry for some girl scouts...
Old 03-04-2003, 10:41 PM   #8  

Now I really don't think I had a choice about buying G.S. cookies. My dgd is a Brownie and this was her first year of "selling" the cookies. When she called me so excited (boy do these kids get a brainwashing), I ordered six boxes (good Grandma!). I should be picking them up this weekend and anyone who visits me for the next few months will have a defrosted G. S. cookie proffered.

I didn't have a choice about buying them from such a charming salesgirl but I DO have a choice as to how many I eat or not. I'm sure I'll have some sometime but right now they don't seem tempting. We'll see how long that lasts!
Old 03-05-2003, 12:12 AM   #9  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

When I was a little girl I sold 500 boxes one year.

I have to keep the coconut ones out of the house as they are magical & will disappear w/in a day or two.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:14 AM   #10  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I always buy 2 boxes from the 2 neighbor girls. 2 for Steve (his favorite kind) and 2 boxes of thin mints for me. Last year I got them and took them to Jacob's daycare. They loved them. That is a trigger food for me. I have NO self control.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:07 AM   #11  

KittyMilk,
It is a yearly fundraising thing. They get prizes for selling more and more of the cookies and there are kinds that ONLY THE GIRL SCOUTS have. So, it's really tempting.

When I lived in Sydney (a million years ago) we didn't have girl scouts in our area at all. Otherwise, I would have been one, I'm sure.

Angi
Old 03-05-2003, 11:23 AM   #12  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

We don't have Girl Scouts here, but I heard the cookies are awesome lol.
Old 03-06-2003, 03:47 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 320/210/180

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

I still have cookies from last year when my step-daughter sold 350 boxes. I think I bought 10 boxes of them myself. This year since she left with her father she didn't get to sell them but of course I got hit up by 2 people so I bought from them. I think 10 boxes in all again. Well I will be supplied for a year again. LOL

Take care all.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:15 PM   #14  
Searching

My husband is a girl scout cookie whore. LOL! I think he would do anything for those things so they must be made out of crack. Fortunately I don't have the habit lol. He keeps buying them and eating them in his car, I don't want to know how many boxes he has put away this year.

Miss Chris
Old 03-07-2003, 11:29 AM   #15  

Carmel Delights... frozen... pure heaven

I didn't allow myself to buy a single box this year, thank goodness! Girl Scout Cookies are one thing I, too, can not resist. I think I like the crack hypothesis!
Closed Thread