Old 08-12-2010, 12:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/293/150

Height: 5.5

Default weight / time

I find that I lose weight super fast, and I know that should make me happy. But I get worried I will lose it too fast! The last time I did atkins I took off almost 100 lbs in a ridiculous amount of time, and that was with relatively no exercise. I was just eating right, and being lazy! I am exercising this time around so I dont get as much loose skin, but still I have a feeling it is just going to come off faster now. I started my diet monday, and the scale is already down 9 lbs. Last time I did atkins I took off about 15 the first week and as much as 6 or 7 a week after. I am eating small meals constantly through the whole day, and drinking lots of water. I am just hoping my body can keep up. I am curious how much you started losing in the beginning and now that it has been awhile what do you average a week?
Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: starting size 18/ Goal size 10

Height: 5'5''

Congrats you are doing great.
Yes it seems to come off fast however when I PMS or TOM, i tend to gain and then lose again.
Keep up the good work.
ghost girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

The first 2 weeks I lose about 6lbs and then 2 to 3 pounds a week after that. Then gain during TOM and then start losing again.

But I am pretty sure that if you have more to lose then it comes off faster. As you get closer to your goal, it slows down. Ever watch Biggest Loser. In the beginning they lose 10 or more lbs a week, but towards the end it is oly 2 to 3 lbs. So enjoy extreme weight loss now, cause it gets harder/slower/frustrating as you get closer to your goal. I am going to start exercising on Saturday. Maybe that will help move things along. I would definetly add weight training.
LTs girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #4  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Once you are thru the first two weeks of induction, you probably shouldn't stay there, but add some carbs according the to carb ladder, until you reach the point where you are losing just about 2 pounds a week. I mean the other part of your "real" goal is to get used to eating the way you will eat most of the time, most of the rest of your life in fact! And that isn't induction. You may be able to eat more carbs than some of us, and as long as they are healthy ones, thats great. I am a little jealous about how fast thats coming off. I hope I do well when I restart induction in 10 days.
Which plan are you following? the 2002 book or the "new" one?
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:48 AM   #5  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Yeah, I'm having trouble worrying about how fast anyone loses! LOL
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 205/185/135

Height: 5ft5

Gosh I wish I could lose that fast. I think I have very stubborn fat. Keep up the good work!
gerly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:20 PM   #7  
action,not desperation...

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5' 7"

I lost 12 pounds on the two weeks of induction, but as everybody already said, that's because I have much more to lose...
From 235 to 223.

I don't follow exactly Atkins, I just eat foods low in carbs and count the calories as well as the carbs. For now, I try to eat around 1400 cals and 20 g of carbs, but the appetite loss is greater that I exepected, so I have to eat because I know I have to, not because I'm hungry. I'm worried that I have some days when I barely reach 1000 cals and I know that's really bad for my metabolism and well being.

I'm really glad that I finally found something that works so well. In the last 2 years I lost 65 pounds and gained back 57. Every time I tried to get back on track, the carb cravings won . Finally I found the Graal of weight loss and I've learnd how to control them.
Philosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

WOW, NINE pounds?!?!?! I have NEVER lost more than 4 pounds in a week since my mind 40's... But I do seem to be loosing a pretty steady 2-3.5 pounds a week. More if I stay on induction less if I am "cheating" by going OWL!

I took about 3 weeks "off" and did NutriSystems and lost about six pound on that, but was pretty much always hungry. Weighed 260.2 yesterday. Back on induction today...

Last edited by nancymae; 08-21-2010 at 02:44 AM.
nancymae is offline   Reply With Quote