Old 08-13-2010, 01:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185 / 165 / 135

Height: 5' 4"

Default will undereating sabotage my weight loss (starvation mode?)

Now that refined carbs and sugar are out of my diet, I find that I struggle to get more than 800 calories in a day. I log my food in the fitday.com site, and I average about 760 calories a day. I usually get 3 hns's during the day. I'm losing fairly well...i've dropped about 15 pounds since I began preconditioning, so should i be concerned about my weight loss stagnating due to my low caloric intake?
jetperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetperson View Post
Now that refined carbs and sugar are out of my diet, I find that I struggle to get more than 800 calories in a day. I log my food in the fitday.com site, and I average about 760 calories a day. I usually get 3 hns's during the day. I'm losing fairly well...i've dropped about 15 pounds since I began preconditioning, so should i be concerned about my weight loss stagnating due to my low caloric intake?
I also log my food online using fitbit. Most days I too average 760-850 and only occasionally go above that (days I eat salmon for instance).

In the beginning I was eating a lot more cheese and so my average calories were higher and since then I have cut out a lot of the cheese and my weight loss hasn't exactly suffered. I know they say it's a 1000 calorie a day diet, but i don't understand how that exactly happens. Plus, true "low calorie diets" where they become very dangerous are when you fall below 700 routinely.

That said, doing all 4 HNS's and a fiber or two will up your calories with good protein and fiber if you find it's a concern.
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:07 PM   #3  
Skinny for Scuba!

S/C/G: 178/149/135

Height: 5'1"

I log my food on my iPhone w/an app called Lose It - love using it. But I too find that I average about 800 calories a day - I've lost over 20 lbs so far after about 2 months, so I can't say that it's negatively affecting my weight loss. I'm assuming, if anything, it's helping it along. I ensure that I get my 4 HNS in daily, as well as my daily women's vitamen and a couple other non-MCR supplements (EFA, potassium, cal-mag, complex b, and some acia).
guinevere75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:40 PM   #4  

thanks for the posts! that actually makes me feel better because I feel full and satisfied so I don't feel like I need to add anything from a hunger-feeling standpoint, but I didn't want to be messing around my metabolism. This is good news. Thank you!
Old 08-14-2010, 12:55 AM   #5  
Never too old

S/C/G: 227/180/170

Height: 5'4"

I looked at the fit journal and it looks interesting. How do you list your HNS's?
Auntieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:21 AM   #6  

hey auntieb
on the website i use, which is fitday.com, there's an option to add customized foods. So, to add an HNS -- I just grab an HNS box, click on the "Create Custom Food" link, type in the title for my food (for example, "High Nutriet Supplement - Clear," then I just copy all of the the nutrition right off the label into text boxes that they provide on the site.

I do that with a lot of foods that either aren't in the database, or just because it's sometimes easier to type in nutrition information than to locate my particular food on the database.

For foods like spinach, or salmon, or things that are unpackaged, i just find the food then use ounces as a unit of measure. It's pretty easy, and surprisingly addictive. I really get into logging my food. It's keeps me plugged into what I'm actually putting in my body.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:17 AM   #7  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

Default Info for Crisp 'N Crunch Cinnamon Bar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetperson View Post
on the website i use, which is fitday.com, there's an option to add customized foods. So, to add an HNS -- I just grab an HNS box, click on the "Create Custom Food" link, type in the title for my food (for example, "High Nutriet Supplement - Clear," then I just copy all of the the nutrition right off the label into text boxes that they provide on the site.

I do that with a lot of foods that either aren't in the database, or just because it's sometimes easier to type in nutrition information than to locate my particular food on the database.

For foods like spinach, or salmon, or things that are unpackaged, i just find the food then use ounces as a unit of measure. It's pretty easy, and surprisingly addictive. I really get into logging my food. It's keeps me plugged into what I'm actually putting in my body.
THANK YOU, jetperson, for mentioning this great online journaling tool. I see now that it is much better than the one I used to pay for! I am trying to enter custom foods into my FitDay journal, and I threw the box away for the Cinnamon Crisp 'N Crunch bars. If anyone has the label, would you please share the info? You can post it or send it via email to susan dot schug at gmail dot com.
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:41 PM   #8  
Never too old

S/C/G: 227/180/170

Height: 5'4"

Thanks, jetperson, I'm going to use it.
Auntieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Fitbit offers the same kind of customizing your foods. And you do not have to own a fitbit to use the food journal, weight log, etc. You can use it for free, they have a really nice user interface and it works on my iphone too so I just bring that to the center because it's easiest for me. If anyone's looking to log theirs online, check out the fitbit one too, it's great.
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:20 PM   #10  

so glad i could mention something helpful! logging food is something i've never really done before but it's become a good habit that I actually enjoy
Old 08-18-2010, 10:31 AM   #11  
Skinny for Scuba!

S/C/G: 178/149/135

Height: 5'1"

Wow. Amazing. I've been averaging about 800-900 calories for 2 months or more and have lost 24 lbs.
guinevere75 is offline   Reply With Quote