General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-13-2010, 05:25 AM   #1  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Default Still some honest people out there

Like the wackadoodle I am, I left my handbag in my cart at TESCO (large English market) carpark this morning. I didn't notice it was missing until I had driven 6 miles to see my mum who is 90 and in a care home,and went to get a chocolate bar out of my handbag and discovered it wasn't there.. My blood ran cold I can tell you. It wasn't the money and cards I was worried about; it was the precious photos of our daughter who passed away in May. I rang the store and they said it has been handed in by a trolley-boy who was handed it by a customer.
We have a large drug problem in this city and I was worried a junkie had got hold of it, taken the money and plastic and thrown my photos away.
My husnad has just gone to TESCO to leave a little something for the trolley-boy and the customer, if TESCO know who it was. . I don't think I'll be fit to do much more today! Talk about having a senior moment!

Last edited by jojo23; 08-13-2010 at 05:27 AM.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:34 AM   #2  
HelenMay

S/C/G: 159/145/130

Height: 5'1"

Hey thanks for posting that! With so many crazy stories in the news, it was a treat to read that.
HelenMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:52 AM   #3  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

aww that is awesome It is great to still see good honest people out there in the world.

Like a couple months ago we had ordered pizza & I thought I grabbed a $20 but instead I had grabbed a $50 and handed it over to the pizza guy and was like oh keep the change lol bleh Right away he saw my mistake and stopped me and gave me back my proper change.

It was so sweet and amazing

So I left a comment on their website. They have like a comment section where you can put in something where it shows your order. But there wasn't alot of space. So I tried to express what happened and how wonderful the driver was.

Apparently I misworded it and got a frantic call from the manager thinking the driver had robbed me lol I felt so bad I almost cried. I had to explain how I was trying to say he was helpful and honest and could have gotten him fired bleh lol
moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 381/373/150

I'm sorry for your loss JoJo... so glad to hear you got your bag back though... at least there are still some honest people in the world eh? Judging by my local Tescos, I doubt I'd have seen my bag again!
MrsOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:43 AM   #5  
God Will Guide Me!

S/C/G: 272.8/ticker/234

Height: 5'7''

Wow thats amazing, what a blessing to have the bag returned to you! Its good to know there ARE still honest people living amongst us!!
jackiemomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #6  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Last year my mother was with my younger
brothers at this water park. While my mom was
in the pool with my brothers, some lady walked
straight up to my mom's purse, looked inside it,
and took her blackberry phone and proceeded to
walk away with it. My mother saw the WHOLE thing
and got her phone back while the water park kicked
the lady out of there. It's still shocking at what
people do so it's VERY nice to see some good people!

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:49 PM   #7  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Gosh, yes it was a dreadful moment when I found it was gone. I didn't sleep too well last night, as soon as i dropped off I dreamed I was reaching out to stop someone running off with the photographs and kept shooting up in bed!! At 3am hubby moved into the spare room
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote