Old 08-11-2010, 12:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/293/150

Height: 5.5

Smile I hate mornings and exercise!

I have been suffering from insomnia for quite awhile now, and really hoping that doing atkins will help me to sleep better. I have even tried over the counter sleep aids and they knock me out for about 2 hours then I am wide awake again! I am pretty groggy most of the day, but this morning even though I got about 2 hours of sleep.. I walked my kids to school for their first day. It was 1 1/4 mile walk. I am going to try to do this every morning, and afternoon. Hoping it will give me some energy through the day.

anyone have any advice for other things I can do to keep my energy up during the day? i really hope I start sleeping better soon. It is taking its toll on me!
Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

COFFEE, COFFEE, COFFEE... oh wait, that's me.

I find that once I start exercising I start sleeping better and have more energy. So keep up the walking. Try not to nap during the day and watch the caffeine before bed. Hopefully it was the carbs. I know that after a big lunch full of carbs that I was sleepy from 2pm on. Now I feel so much better. I hope you do too.
LTs girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:15 PM   #3  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

crush, you look young in your posts. I seem to have gotten some pretty big sleep problems with menopause. However, a few years ago, with mild insomnia I was really tired too, and found I have sleep apnea. So do get a check up, and maybe talk with your doctor about some sleep remedies. For me, there is an antidepressant (zoloft) that helps better than anything else. I don't need if for depression, but when I go off it for too long, I get sleep deprived, leading to depression.......
I also find if I take some HTP (otc natural source of tryptophan, an amino acid that helps sleep) when I wake up in the night, I can get back to sleep better. I used to sleep until I needed to go to the bathroom and then never get back to sleep, until I tried this.
Meditation is another great thing. You may be getting into circular thinking and meditation is helpful to let your mind rest and allow sleep to happen. If you are a religious person, there are religiously guided meditations available.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/293/150

Height: 5.5

Thanks for the ideas. I know I look young, but I am turning 31 this Sunday! This week already caught up with me being so sleep deprived, and with the kids starting school today, I completely passed out from noon till 6 this afternoon!!!! I really wish I hadn't. No way I will sleep tonight now. I have been thinking about seeing my Dr. I know it is not caffiene because I havent had any until today. I just had one diet pepsi today. But I don't generally drink soda. Even after my nap I still feel groggy!
Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:28 PM   #5  
Madeleine

ok, so the good news that you have a sleep time disorder, but you are able to sleep! you slept this afternoon, so it means you CAN sleep, just not when you want to sleep during the night. its actually good news, but not necessarily helpful to you, especially when you need to function for your kids.
Try to get some good exercise in tomorrow, that may help. Have a good night!
Old 08-11-2010, 11:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Alright, I have to interrupt and say that 31 is NOT old! And it has nothing to do with the fact that I turn 35 this year. Besides, you are only as old as you feel.........so I am about 20.
LTs girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:50 PM   #7  
Madeleine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTs girl View Post
Alright, I have to interrupt and say that 31 is NOT old! And it has nothing to do with the fact that I turn 35 this year. Besides, you are only as old as you feel.........so I am about 20.
LOL

I remember on my 30th birthday being told I was but a kid from my co-workers, and now am pushing 50, don't feel much older except the kids are now grown (I was pregnant with the 2nd at 30) and I get the benefit of menopause, (almost, not quite) especially the lack of bloating just before the period.
I honestly don't feel old. I guess that what the "older" people meant when I was a kid.....