South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 04:24 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Wholesome Wednesday Beach Chatter

Good Morning

I haven't decided if I'm coming or going here yet....I may still sneak back to bed but I'm still remembering yesterdays' fiasco of sleeping too late. Perhaps a cup of coffee will help me make the decision.

I'm up to the usual; dog walking, swimming and getting a bike ride in. I'll get caught up on all my paperwork at home if I stay up.

I'm trying to stay in good spirits. Sometimes my Mom does pretty thoughtless things and yesterday was one of them. I actually cried yesterday which I don't do very often. These are the times I am really happy that I am pretty solid with SBD because if I wasn't I'd just really go on a big tear which very likely wouldn't have an end. Last night I ate an extra piece of OP cake and went to bed. I keep thinking it will change and so I'm always caught off guard when something comes up. Oh well.

So...what's everyone up to today? Stop and say hello!
Old 08-11-2010, 05:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

I've never participated in a daily thread, but I figured what the hay. Just got home from the gym. I said I wasn't going to go a 2nd time tonight b/c I spent about 30 minutes pushing around a grocery cart full of about 130 pounds worth of groceries earlier. But the more I sat here the more I just felt like I needed, not just wanted but NEEDED, to go to the gym. I think I'm addicted to the gym!!! LOL

I guess if there's anything to become addicted to in place of food the gym is a good choice. Going to the beach this weekend, so I'm going to try to make up for missing the gym by taking walks on the beach once the sun sets.

Anywho, it's about time for me to hit the hay. 2 days of work and then I'm off to the beach for the weekend!!!
Old 08-11-2010, 06:19 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Hi Debbie,
I'm so sorry about your interaction with your mom. I totally understand how you feel and I just wanted to give you a hug. It seems sometimes once we let our guard down, someone attacks. Been there so frequently lately with my (insane) boss.

Natasha, it's great to be addicted to the gym! There are so many positive effects of going. I just got back from a week at the beach and walking on the sand is a great workout because it's so unstable. You will have a great time.

Me, today's just a hump day which is good in some respects but I'm still really on my guard at work. Despite telling me someone else was going to supervise me, my boss is still circling. I shouldn't do it, but I do participate in conversations about her at work with others and need to stop (but it's so hard because she is so mean/nasty/insane and people need to vent).

Other than that, the week is going well. I've been on plan and exercising and feel good. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Debbie, here's to a much better, happier day today. That's expresso in those cups, by the way.

Natasha, that is great that you feel pulled to the gym. Good for you! I sure wish I could feel that euphoria that a lot of people experience from exercising. I do it because I have to, not because I want to. Sleep well and pleasant dreams!

I got up later than my usual time this morning. I looked at the clock when Jake got up, and thought I'd lay there until Jake was finished in the bathroom, and promptly fell back into a deep sleep.
Cindy and the girls are off to the water park today, and since her parents are going along, I don't have to go. Instead, I'll spend the day at Susie and Ramsay's in the AC.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:25 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie this morning as I scurry around doing all the stuff I should have done the past two days. Nothing like company coming to get me off my butt.

Back later.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:32 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Natasha, thanks for joining in! Great job going back to the gym...a big part of the recipe for success! Beach walks and sunsets have me a bit envious, you'll have to give us an update.

Mmc, thanks for the kind words and hoping you have a great day!

Linda, thanks for the espresso! Enjoy your AC day!

Ruth, busy busy!
Old 08-11-2010, 06:39 AM   #7  

Good morning everyone!
Ruth- that sounds just like me...company always motivates me to go on a cleaning spree
Debbie-I really understand where you are coming from...and hope today is much better
Natasha-have a great time at the beach...wish I were going!
Cottage- Happy Wednesday!
As for me, I'm still doing well sticking to my plan! I even got in a great workout yesterday afternoon after the Luau (day of workshops). I have to go back to the Luau again today for a morning session- so I better get going.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning all.

Debbie - Great job not turning your emotions into a food binge.

Natasha - Glad you joined us here. Walks on the beach sounds wonderful.

Mmc - Sorry that things are not going well at work. But glad to see that you are taking care of yourself and feeling good.

Linda - I was glad not to go to the water park with my son and his friend yesterday too. Enjoy the cool indoors.

Ruth - Good morning. One of the best parts about company coming is my DH helps me get the house cleaned!

Lisa - Great job. Have a good one.

I head back to the lake for a couple of days with my teen and his friends. Unfortunately, I have been fighting a cold all week so I would rather stay home and really, really hope I don't have to go in the boat (in the heat) to spot them during water activities. Sigh. My experiment to eat only at the table is going well and I think it will help a lot with my typical lake snacking.

Catch you all in a few days.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:33 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Quick fly by here too. I overslept and am still exhausted for some reason. It will be another office cleaning day for me. The combination of new job Monday (all the paperwork is in place and I am officially employed 2 places now) and hiring someone new for the desk that's been empty since last fall just has me wanting to toss old stuff.

Debbie I never thought I'd be spending so much time with my father. Enough said.

I hope to get back later today!
Old 08-11-2010, 08:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 191.5/191.5/165

Height: 5'2"

Natasha...

Sorry to hear about your mom not being kind...I'm sending you a second hug, can't have too many. Also, beach walking is great exercise and very peaceful, enjoy!!
Old 08-11-2010, 08:44 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Lisa, Karen, Cyndi, Beth

I'm heading out for the day! Have a good one!
Old 08-11-2010, 09:23 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Debbie, I know you wanted yesterday to be nice for your mom. Sorry she didn't get the memo. Hope your today will be better.
Hi Natasha! addicted to the gym is good! I wish I could acquire that addiction.
Matilda, having a terrible boss is the worst. Sorry you have to deal with that.
I'm with you on the exercise, cottage. Enjoy your day in the AC and think of me in my little puddle of sweat.
Have a great time with your company Ruth!
Aloha, Lisa!
Hope you feel better and can enjoy the lake, Karen.
Good morning, beth, Cyndi. Happy Hump Day.

Should be peaceful and hot around here today. I've got a dentist appt, and hope to get to the pool later. Waiting on my offer letter. My future-manager wants me to put in my notice by Friday, but can't do that without a formal offer. Looking forward to the weekend because I've got NOTHING planned - my first free weekend in a while and don't see another until well into September. I think I'll paint the front door and try to finish clearing out/organizing the garage. May try to get DH to take me out to dinner too - there's a place I want to try and it's restaurant week. One of their RW specials is seared Ahi - nom!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 08-11-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:17 AM   #13  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning! Not a whole lot going on here today other than... dun-dah-dun...YARD WORK. in the flippin heat... ah well, I better get on it. The yard isn't going to cut itself...
Had to take the big 86lbs scared of everything dog, Rusty, to the vet this morning. He had a lot of fluid under his skin, Dr said we caught it before it abscessed...got some antibiotics and a hundred bucks later I was being dragged out the door by the dog! He just couldn't wait to get out of there. OH, and he pooped on the table. Oy. All is well now he is snoozing in his bed, but I am pretty sure that wasn't how he envisioned his day when he so happily jumped in the car :0)... (wasn't necessarily the way I wanted to begin mine either! lol)

Debbie(((hugs)))
Old 08-11-2010, 11:31 AM   #14  
honeysox

S/C/G: 216/207/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all!
I too overslept a LOT. Woke up at 4:45, laid there for forever, then finally fell back asleep. My poor body. All within an 8-day span I took it off of:

--Advil PM
--carbs and sugar (for SB)
--wine
--caffeine

In the long run this will be a good thing, I hope. In the meantime . . .

Have a wonderful Wednesday.

~~Sally
Old 08-11-2010, 08:57 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for all the welcomes. I'm excited for the beach this weekend. Plus we've got a friend that's invited us to stay at her brother's beach house w/ her so NO EXPENSES other than gas, food, and boarding for my dog...woot woot!!! Plus, lots of fresh seafood is ALWAYS a good selling point. I just wish I was at my goal weight already so I could go parasailing...LOL

Hope everyone is having a good day. I've got my 1st gym trip of the day down and will hit the gym again after work. Had some good homemade pizza w/ canadian bacon, turkey pepperoni, and spinach on whole wheat pita bread for dinner...yummy!!! Too bad I've still got 8 1/2 hours of work to go.
Closed Thread