View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 05:26 PM   #89
maryea

Default 5 Minute Raspberry Almond Parfait Recipe For Dessert

This is really good! This is the original recipe I got from peertrainer.com, however I used (for my 1 serving) much less amounts due to being diabetic. I used only 1/2 t. honey, 1/4 t almond extract, 1/3 c raspberries and 1/2 t. almonds with a small vanilla Activia yogurt. I sprinkled on about 1/8 t of dark chocolate, maybe less. She recommends coconut milk instead of yogurt but I haven't tried that. The recipe as written below is for TWO servings. I loved it with vanilla yogurt!

5 Minute Raspberry Almond Parfait Recipe for Dessert
Mmmmmmmm. A sublime way to finish a meal with some great protein, fat, a high nutrient fruit carb. And it's only 5 minutes. If you have a dairy intolerance, this recipe is begging for coconut milk!!

Prep and Cook Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:
8 ounces (1 cups) low-fat vanilla or soy yogurt (change this to coconut milk!)
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 tablespoons honey
1 pint raspberries (don't substitute blueberries, raspberries are really the best here)
1 tablespoon sliced almonds
Optional: grated dark chocolate (yum! Tiny bit will go a long way. Be sure to get dark and not milk chocolate)

Directions: Blend yogurt, honey and almond extract in a small mixing bowl with a whisk until the honey is incorporated and the mixture is smooth. Divide the yogurt mixture into two dessert dishes. Place the raspberries in one layer on top and garnish with the sliced almonds and, if desired, dark chocolate.

Healthy Cooking Tip: Taste the yogurt mixture for sweetness. You may want more honey depending on the brand of yogurt. (If you stick with yoghurt, make sure you get greek yoghurt.)

Reduce the Calorie Tip: Stick with the greek yoghurt. You'll halve the calories.

Last edited by maryea : 08-10-2010 at 05:28 PM.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote