Old 08-01-2010, 09:17 PM   #1  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Default August 2010

Well, guess I'll start the month off...
I've been soooooooo busy with work I haven't been able to spend much time here or on facebook..........but I hope everyone is doing well and staying focused on their long-term goals....keep up the good work.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:33 PM   #2  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Last edited by Mama Nicole; 08-01-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:37 PM   #3  
Post-Master

Old 08-02-2010, 02:03 AM   #4  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Super-cute cake Nicole! Oh and the birthday girl is adorable too!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:37 AM   #5  
plan 2 with lites

S/C/G: 194/178.6/145

Good morning and Happy Monday

Well, the weekend wasn't too good diet wise. Doing take-off today and tomorrow and getting a fresh start! Oh how I hate takeoff! Does anyone know if artichokes are okay for takeoff???? I LOVE artichokes and I have 2 in the fridge and would love to have one! They're green.....lol. Hope someone out there knows

Nicole that cake is awesome! Bethany looks like a barbie doll herself
heather314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Morning Ladies

I've been very very bad and i'm seriously stuck. Since I had to stop exercising i've been feeling really crappy and discouraged.

The little one has been nursing alot and I cant seem to find the right balance to lose and take in enough good cals. I'm just feeling lost.

I havent been keeping a food diary which I think messes me up even more so I today i'll start writing everything down. I was thinking of going back to one of my old ones and following it exactly for a few days, just need to figure out where I put them.

Anyway just wanted to stop in and say hi and see how everyone is doing.

Nicole beautiful cake, you did a great job on it!

Hope you are all having a good day.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:55 PM   #7  
Post-Master

Debbie, Debbie, Debbie....chin up, girl! You really don't have to give up exercising.......just maybe try something that can help you to relax a bit, like brisk walking or yoga. I think the calorie intake is the main isssue while nursing....not exercise. Our bodies were made to burn calories and work hard. And exercise releases endorphines in our brains, which make us feel GREAT! I can see how finding time to work out with 4 little ones could cause you stress, and stress and nursing do not get along very well....but do not give up on your health! And I will be honest here...I never figured out that balance when I had little babies in the house...but I hope you can. I think some high protein snacks would serve you well...and fruit! You NEED lots of energy to do your job.....and if you don't consume enough, well, we all know what happens. When I was nursing....I seem to remember hearing that nursing moms required 500 additional calories a day....so I would think the very least you should consume is 2000 cals. In any case....good for you for staying active on the forum even when you are struggling...and you too, Heather! Stay with us, and do NOT give up. Make TODAY the day of good healthy choices!
XOXO
Old 08-02-2010, 05:24 PM   #8  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

popping in quick to say hi.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:41 PM   #9  
Post-Master

Jillian I LOVE your subtitle.... How long has it been that way?
Old 08-02-2010, 05:43 PM   #10  
plan 2 with lites

S/C/G: 194/178.6/145

Hi Jillian

Cooking dinner now. Decided to make the artichoke. It can't be that bad right? I mean it's green, not considered a starchy vegetable, and has TONS of fiber... tell me i'm not screwing up my takeoff lol Anyway having sirloin steak and green beans with it YUM!

Debbie- Hang in there! I know how hard it is with the nursing, although i'm only nursing part of the time now. I'm not one of those lucky women who the weight falls off of when nursing. My body seems to want to hang on to every pound it has unfortunately

I hope you all are having a good day!
heather314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:12 PM   #11  
WonderWoman

nicole--the exercise quote? it's been there for a year now. since i started working out consistently.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:13 PM   #12  
WonderWoman

oh wait..you're probably talking about the wonder woman? i put that on there about a month ago.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:14 AM   #13  

Morning Ladies. I've also been stuck. I keep bouncing within a 3lb range....can't seem to break it. I've been fighting a sinus thing which has thrown my equilibrium off so no working out for me for the last week. I keep trying to get motivated - I stop by here to read all the encouraging posts in hopes it will rub off on me. Hopefully within the next couple of days, I'll get back on track.

Hope everyone's having a great week!
MicLindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Good morning all!

So yesterday I wrote everything down and did so well. Feeling so much better today about everything. Ugh deciding what to have for dinner is always a challenge, we're soo tired of the same ol'.

What is everyone else having for dinner tonight?

Nicole ~ Thank you for the encouragement. I've never tried yoga, I have a dvd maybe i'll try it. Exercise really does release some feel good endorphins huh? I was feeling soo good!. You're right bf mamas should take in an extra 500 cals and i'm finding it soo hard to even get in 1,200 if i'm eating right, easily done if i'm eating junk. LOL. You are doing awesome, look at all that weightloss in just 2 months! You are soo gonna beat your Aug goal, keep it up mama!

Heather ~ I'm like you, I dont lose just from breastfeeding like some mamas. My body holds on to each lb too.

Hope everyone is having a good day so far, the little one is crying so i'll wrap this up.

Will check in later.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:25 AM   #15  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! Back from OBX, raring to go. Food choices were pretty good on vacation, it was way too hot to eat! I got up early and walked on the bike path, which was a great start to the days. I had planned to walk this am too, but unpacking got the best of me last night and I went to bed really late, so tomorrow it is.

DH wants to get an elliptical, since running on the treadmill was one of the things that led to his herniated disks last winter. I think that we will go shoppin for one this weekend. Anyone have any that they recommend? I love the arc trainer at the gym - but I'm not planning on spending thousands of dollars for one.

Last edited by Kimphin; 08-03-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote