Old 08-09-2010, 01:37 PM   #1  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Default Just truly realizing the value in accountability

So I've been a member for almost 2 years now, however this is the first time that I've joined challenges and really been an active member. I joined the August points and the August daily weigh in threads last week, and did REALLY well. On the flip side, I binged this past Saturday when friends came into town, and gained back everything I had lost.

What a total feeling of failure! NOT because of the scale #, but because I've held myself so accountable here, and really feel guilty that all the work I did and was proud of in the last week is now completely wrecked. Of course I'm not new to this "game" of yo-yoing and undoing my work, but I am new to the game of seeing my results posted, and then having to post an updated number showing I wrecked everything. This accountability and challenge may be just the spark I've needed to lose consistent numbers and KEEP them off!!
akelly728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:07 PM   #2  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Accountability can be SO key, be it from a friend, online challenge, food log.. Whatever it takes to keep you on track is what needs to be done. Congratulations on your losses and way to get back up in the saddle after a bad weekend
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6

Keep up the good work. Sometimes you have to fall, but just dust yourself off and get back up again.

If you quit Medifast, what are you doing now?
stocco88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:07 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocco88 View Post
Keep up the good work. Sometimes you have to fall, but just dust yourself off and get back up again.

If you quit Medifast, what are you doing now?
I am just sticking to limited calories, eating right and staying away from "bad" food. For example I'll eat grilled chicken, salads, veggies, serving of whole grain, something with fiber, drink lots of water and Powerade Zero to nourish me after my long runs.

Medifast was just very untasty and unrealistic, and I couldn't stick with it long term. Needed to find a lifestyle change that fit my life!
Old 08-10-2010, 10:56 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6

That sounds great and you are doing a great job... Remember, no one is perfect... This dieting is not easy and it has to be something that you can do and fits your lifestyle. I am currently on Medifast and I am feeling the same way that this cannot be it for my lifestyle. I have to find a plan that fits everything in... Anyway, keep in touch and keep going!!!
stocco88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:21 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocco88 View Post
That sounds great and you are doing a great job... Remember, no one is perfect... This dieting is not easy and it has to be something that you can do and fits your lifestyle. I am currently on Medifast and I am feeling the same way that this cannot be it for my lifestyle. I have to find a plan that fits everything in... Anyway, keep in touch and keep going!!!
Thanks! Good luck with Medifast..remain strong and you will see results! It could be an answer for a few months just to get you in the gear of "losing weight" and getting you detached from having to make choices in the kitchen. Once you have succeeded in losing weight for a month or two, then I think weening yourself off Medifast makes sense. Getting in the kitchen and building a food plan that fits your needs is much easier when you have already lost 20-30 pounds, and your body doesn't crave that nasty sugar/carbs/processed food anymore.