Old 08-08-2010, 09:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/206.5/180

Height: 5'10

Default Went on Vacation... ugh!

I went on vacation for the past 2 weeks. I gained 8 pounds in that time and i feel awful about it. The sad thing is that I was keeping the program in mind and would have done even worse if i hadn't been thinking about it, but wow 8 pounds!
I am dedicated to the plan when I am in a set routine (like during the work week) and then weekends send me into a tailspin. I always start the day out well during the weekends, and then end up ruining it by going out with friends...

is anyone else feeling like a binge dieter on the weekends? How have you fought it while still staying social and not feeling like the debby downer?
twinchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200.5/166.5/135

Height: 5'4"

I know how you feel! I went on vacation last week and thought I did really good. I walked all over the place and if anything didn't eat enough. I really thought I was going to lose but ended up gaining And forget about weekends- I have every intention of doing it 100% but always end up getting off track. So far I've done really well on my total weight loss but I'm definitely getting discouraged. So I feel your pain! I just have to keep reminding myself that it's a process and not being on the program would be far worse.
Gward714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/206.5/180

Height: 5'10

Yeah... I think about that too. Ruin a meal, not the whole day right? I walked every day... made sure that I got up and started the day right, and still the gain! OK, back on the wagon this evening... i even put up a chain of paper links of the 30 pounds i need to lose so that i have a visual... going to see if this works! What has helped you make it through the weekend on program?
twinchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

I would guess that what you both gained was mostly water weight. Get back on program ASAP and up your water intake to as much as you can handle and it will be a good weight loss week for you.

I too have a harder time on the weekends, it's when we tend to eat out most. UG! I wish I could lose enough m-f that the weekends don't hinder me, but my monday weigh ins are always way worse than my friday ones.
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

I too struggle on the weekends.. I can be 100% M-fri, then tend to over do it on the weekends.. I tend to go in to a restuarant thinking I'll order protein/veggies, and end up ordering something else. Nothing too horrible, but stuff that I know is too much carbs.. I wish I could loose more during the week too GoalAug.. But it's Monday, and I'm back on plan..

This has become a weekly cycle for me. I do so much better during the winter.. I hate cooking when it's hot..
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEEZOOGIRL View Post
I too struggle on the weekends.. I can be 100% M-fri, then tend to over do it on the weekends.. I tend to go in to a restuarant thinking I'll order protein/veggies, and end up ordering something else. Nothing too horrible, but stuff that I know is too much carbs.. I wish I could loose more during the week too GoalAug.. But it's Monday, and I'm back on plan..

This has become a weekly cycle for me. I do so much better during the winter.. I hate cooking when it's hot..
Have you tried NOT opening the menu? I decide what I'm going to have beforehand (I usually save my salmon or steak for nights out) and I can order it without looking over the menu. It's not as hard anymore, so I look at the menu and sometimes order one of their sauces on the side (like a mango salsa) and have 2 or 3 tiny bites of it with my protein. Hope this helps!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Yes, deciding in advance definitely helps. I'll also say to my bf when we sit down, "i'm going to have the roasted chicken and it comes with lots of potatoes, so you can eat most of those." It helps me by committing to him that way I'm held accountable and I don't want him to think im weak by giving in all the time.

Yes, the weekly cycle is tough though. Glad to hear you're doing better this season MEEZOOGIRL! You'll get your habits soo set in place that by the time the holidays roll around, you'll be unwavering.

What's also interesting is that for my first 30 lbs, I still wanted other foods so much, I was bored with chicken, it looked like the journey was still going to take so long and I would act out a bit and moan. However, since I hit 35 lbs or so, i don't even care that much. I'm not rebelling, im not feeling bored with chicken, I'm not pining to eat other things as much as I was. I've just sorta become ok with it all. Not sure if this has happened for anyone else, but it sure is interesting to see how my outlook changes throughout this program.

At first it felt so hard, I felt like I was accomplishing so much just by trying but now if I eat off plan a little bit, i think to myself "really? you can't stay on this straightforward diet for this meal? c'mon it's not that tough".

I've become a much more disciplined version of myself. That's a great thing.
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 185 / 165 / 135

Height: 5' 4"

"went on vacation last week and thought I did really good. I walked all over the place and if anything didn't eat enough."

I had that same experience. I went to San Diego and walked on the beaches and theme parks and Wild Animal Park for 4 days. The MRC plan has successfully weaned me off the sweets and carbs, so I didn't eat anything in the refined carb/refined sugar category my whole visit. Although I probably didn't eat enough of my allowed veggies, I stalled for that entire week -- even after I got home. I assumed it was because of my monthly cycle.

Last edited by jetperson; 08-10-2010 at 01:28 PM.
jetperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:55 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 200.5/166.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatethesweatpants View Post
Have you tried NOT opening the menu?
I like that idea! That's what always gets me is opening the menu and seeing something delicious off program and thinking I gotta have it. Definitely going to try that the next time
Gward714 is offline   Reply With Quote