Old 08-04-2010, 05:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/138/128

Height: 5'5

Default Question For puddong lovers?

İ know puddings are best for us b/c of the low carb but I have to choke them down... Has anyone figured out a way to prepare differently so it tastes better? Someone had suggested making the butterscotch one into a hot drink by adding coffee and splenda-- I do not have any of that right now: just the strawberry one...
Zebra35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

I like the chocolate with some peppermint or other flavors of extract...
sillyputty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:22 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra35 View Post
İ know puddings are best for us b/c of the low carb but I have to choke them down... Has anyone figured out a way to prepare differently so it tastes better? Someone had suggested making the butterscotch one into a hot drink by adding coffee and splenda-- I do not have any of that right now: just the strawberry one...
I use the vanilla pudding to make cauliflower "rice" pudding...so good...see Recipes #2 thread. I use the chocolate pudding to make chocolate shakes in the blender with water, ice and one of the following depending on my mood: coconut extract, almond extract, WF peanut spread, WF marshmallow dip. I've never had the strawberry one, but you could put it in the blender with water and ice to make a strawberry shake. You could also add some vanilla extract or WF chocolate syrup to the blender with it.
Sweetstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #4  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra35 View Post
I agree with the suggestions below. Here's another, although I've never tasted the strawberry pudding. My coach doesn't carry it I guess.

One of my favorite foods in the whole world is sweetened strawberries doused with lemoncello [sweet lemon liquor], preferably consumed in Italy.

I think if you combined 8 oz water + strawberry pudding + 8 oz lemonade + ice you might come up with a great drink. Maybe go light on the water if you use lots of ice. Or play around with lemon pudding and strawberry?

As well as the butterscotch + coffee for breakfast, I also make this drink with vanilla and chocolate puddings

Last edited by Linden; 08-04-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:53 PM   #5  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

I really hated the lemon pudding, but I have a chocolate pudding every day! I love it! I just add about 8 oz. of water and make it into a chocolate drink.
amylew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 176/158/136

Height: 5'2"

I love the chocolate and the mocha pudding. Just ordered the strawberry and YUK, YUK. It isn't so much the flavor, but it doesn't disolve as well and has a chalking and gritty feel that reminds me of something I was give for an upper GI xray. Tonight, I added 5 oz of tap water to mix it better and froze it for an hour. Reminds me more of frozen yogurt. Hope that helps you get it down

i wonder if the Walden Farms marshmello can be mixed with it. hmmmm

Last edited by LynnDear; 08-04-2010 at 10:05 PM. Reason: add idea
LynnDear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post
I use the vanilla pudding to make cauliflower "rice" pudding...so good...see Recipes #2 thread. .
Sweetsina, do you have the number of the post? The search function on this site sucks. I tried searching in the IP forum, and then in the recipes 2 thread itself for "rice pudding," "vanilla pudding," and "cauliflower pudding" and it came up NADA. Help.

Thanks. I love rice pudding and am getting royally sick of the vanilla on its own.
Midlife Meggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:45 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie View Post
Sweetsina, do you have the number of the post? The search function on this site sucks. I tried searching in the IP forum, and then in the recipes 2 thread itself for "rice pudding," "vanilla pudding," and "cauliflower pudding" and it came up NADA. Help.

Thanks. I love rice pudding and am getting royally sick of the vanilla on its own.
I actually can't stand the vanilla on its own. The cauliflower rice pudding recipe is post #79 on the Recipes 2 thread (page 6). I've been making it once a week since Miss Zelda posted it. I use alot of cinnamon in mine.

Last edited by Sweetstina; 08-04-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Sweetstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:45 PM   #9  

Height: 5'8"

try a tsp of sugar free jello mix like cherry or orange in with the vanilla pudding to make it a shake. tastes like a dreamsicle
mamaerinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:00 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

I actually love the chocolate pudding. I add a little bit of salt to them, and it sets it off nicely.
JessicaCourez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:28 AM   #11  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

[QUOTE=LynnDear;3421256 Just ordered the strawberry and YUK, YUK. It isn't so much the flavor, but it doesn't disolve as well and has a chalking and gritty feel that reminds me of something I was give for an upper GI xray. [/QUOTE]

That's exactly why I hated the lemon pudding. It reminded me of the stuff you have to drink before a colonoscopy. It was a lot better with 10 oz or more water added and drinking it through a straw.
amylew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:27 AM   #12  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

When I saw this thread, I was trying to figure out what a "puddong" was!
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:21 AM   #13  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

I add cinnamon to the vanilla and lemon and it makes it palatable at least. Really cold also helps.
Marionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 288(WLS)/160/150

Height: 5' 6.25"

Like others have said, make sure your water is extra cold. I add cinnamon to the vanilla and it makes a big difference. reminds me of cake batter....which for me is a good thing....always licked the bowl after I made cakes.
terrid61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:30 AM   #15  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
When I saw this thread, I was trying to figure out what a "puddong" was!
Didn't know that English teacher you were. A powerful ally is the spell check.
salesgod is offline   Reply With Quote