Old 07-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #16  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
Does your coach allow any Crystal Light - most of which contain aspartame and cause insulin spikes - or the kind that contain sucralose, which don't cause the spikes? Just curious because I understood that the insulin spikes can throw you out of ketosis. I haven't had any aspartame since starting IP and am just wondering.
I use the kind containing aspartame. I can have up to 4 packs a day. Because of my GERD, I go to the doctor weekly and do urine and blood labs, and everytime I have been to the doctor, he tells me my ketones are TOO strong. So it's definitely not kicking me out, but it's different for everyone.

Also, We're only required the 64 ounces of water. But the water you use in recipes, or add extra to the puddings or anything, doesn't count towards your 64 oz., but it does count above that. So you probably end up getting 80-100 oz a day anyway,
TaylorMayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #17  
Suzie

S/C/G: 148/137/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
I was told Powerade Zero, tea, coffee, etc. counts has your water oz for the day, too. I stay away from caf because I have a hard time getting my water in anyway, so I don't want to have to drink more just because I've had caffeine! During the winter, I'll be able to drink lots of hot tea, and there are a variety of flavors to look for.
I recall a thread, probably by Carla, that you so not count anything with caffeine toward your water and that you need to increase your water intake to make up for that caffeine. I think it's a 1:1 replacement. My coach said 64 oz and I use that as my lowest goal and keep drinking if I can...

I believe Crystal Lite Pure Fitness is the one that is allowed - uses splenda?

I don't like water so I've been making decaf tea with splenda and lemon or koolaid with splenda.
lookin for loss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #18  
Dave - The Speedo King

I've never seen Crystal Light powders with Splenda. The pre-mixed bottled Crytal Light, however, is made with Splenda. I just can't bring myself to spend $4+ for a 4-pack...

I stick to the water. I drank nearly a gallon yesterday.
salesgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:22 PM   #19  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

I live in a hot, dry desert.(ok now it is a bit humid) Given the climate I am living in, I am supposed to drink at least 80 ounces of water a day. USUALLY I drink 90 to 120 ounces (3-4 liters).

I was told if I have a glass of coffee, I am suppose to have an extra glass of water. I was originally told I could not have any crystal light, diet soda or prepared teas. That has changed and a little crystal light is fine. I can have it as long as I am getting my 80 ounces minimum of water.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:47 PM   #20  
Dave - The Speedo King

BTW, I also read that Ketostix will have darker results if you're dehydrated. For the first little while, mine were pretty dark. Now they're not as dark. At first I wondered if this was because I was dancing the line of staying in ketosis, but I'm convinced that it's just that I'm drinking more water. Any thoughts?
salesgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:51 PM   #21  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
BTW, I also read that Ketostix will have darker results if you're dehydrated. For the first little while, mine were pretty dark. Now they're not as dark. At first I wondered if this was because I was dancing the line of staying in ketosis, but I'm convinced that it's just that I'm drinking more water. Any thoughts?
I think it's true. Most days mine are light too. On a lark I decided to use one shortly after working out today and before I drank any water. It came out sooooo dark! Definitely made me feel better... and reminded me that I needed to get my water in.
nitenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:11 PM   #22  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Geeze Louise, Tayler, your new picture is gorgeous!

But to the point. Since I learned I should, I've always drunk at least .5 ounces of water for 1 pound weight. In truth, I usually drink more. Yesterday it was 113 ounces, and I lost weight. On (perhaps) a parallel issue, in five weeks I have only had the ketostix record any color once. If anything they are a hair lighter. This drives me batty, and my coach isn't very helpful because she doesn't believe in using them. I'm hoping that no color means plenty of water. Well, one can hope.

Last edited by Linden; 08-04-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:09 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 175.8/168.0/145

Height: 5'4"

I drink 12-20 8oz glasses of water a day and I always have. If I don't drink enough water, I feel very crappy. I think you just get used to drinking a certain amount each day.
Kristysf is offline   Reply With Quote