Old 08-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default Repeat Offender... needs advice.

I originally started MRC Last June. This weekend I weighed only 3 lbs down from my starting weight 14 months ago! I am very upset because of the amount of $$ I have spent doing this and feeling like a failure.

I have learned a ton in the last year. I am an emotional eater for one. I was also loosing a lot for my SO. I know I have to do it for me and me alone.

Just wanted to hear thoughts from others on this and get any advice anyone has.

I am restarting the yellow menu today (3rd start in 2 weeks) and want to just do it this time.

Help...
daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:19 PM   #2  
Gunz

S/C/G: 192/171/145

Height: 5'5

Default Same Boat

I am in the same boat. Started eating again with all the summer parties gained all but 6 lbs back within about one month's time. Starting back for good... No beer!! That has been on of the hardest tasks for me at all the summer outings and then i am starving all the next day and eat until there is no end. My goal stick to program and no acholic drinks...
MGunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

Hi Daisy... I think I've restarted once a week all summer.. I do much better during the winter. I guess with summer I want to be out and about. I've only lost 6lbs since June. I am an emotional eater too.. It has been a real roller coaster for me.

I restarted (AGAIN) this morning.. I looked at the calender, and if I had stuck with the program, I'd be done in September. As it is, I'm not even 1/2 way. I feel like a failure everytime I eat something off program. I'm trying to not beat myself up. I'm going through a lot of stuff personally, but who isn't. It's really no excuse. I get frustrated and I want to eat.

I have no real advice.. Just take it one meal at a time. Don't blow a whole day for just one off program item. It's all about choices.. We choose to eat what we do. I'm trying to come up with something to not snack at night.. Suggestions anyone??

Good Luck!!! We all know the program works... We just need TO DO IT!!!!

Last edited by MEEZOOGIRL; 08-02-2010 at 01:01 PM.
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

I am in the same boat with you gals.. I am on Menus made Easy and I am stuggling with this too.. I think my center is pretty much done with me.. I am under contract until October.. I see a therapist and she is gone until the beginning of October. I really need to stop with the compulsive eating. This is what we have figured out what is going on with me.. Now I need to get back on this plan and lose what I have gained back while I still can before October..

Ronnie ( I also feel like a loser) ;(
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:25 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6''

OK...I'm a repeat offender too...alot of us around here are, but don't let it get you down.

My first piece of advice is set small goals. Sure, I'd like to lose 100lbs, but thats not easily obtainable...so instead, I'm gonna say I wanna lose the 7 pounds it'll take me to get ot my next milestone...or an even smaller goal...I want to drink 100oz of water today. (which is today's goal). Be proud of small goals.

Start there and you'll get back into the hang of it. All of you have been successful on plan before, so set something obtainable...let yourself see that you can be successful and buckle down into it. It's not fun, it's not easy, but it's worth it.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #6  
Never give up!!!

S/C/G: 245/235/185

Height: 5'4"

Hvnlymzic is so right!!! We all need to make small goals because those are what gets us over the big hurdles when we meet them. We just have to train ourselves to think that way. I know all of us would like to lose it quickly, but we didn't gain this weight overnight!! It is going to take time & I know none of us like to hear that because we want it all gone instantly. By making the small goals we are more likely going to stay OP to meet them because they won't seem as out of reach as the bigger ones. I have 49.5 pounds to go by Nov. 1st until I reach my first "big" goal & I keep obsessing about it. I am making myself crazy over it, but I have to keep telling myself to take it 1 day at a time & not think so much about it or it may make me go OP....I don't want to mess this up either. So I make small goals for myself because I know I can meet those & it will get me closer to where I want to be. It doesn't seem so hard when I just focus that way!! Anyways, sorry about the rambling on. Good luck to you all. Just keep telling yourself that you can do it!!!
shannysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 271/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Making smaller goals really helps, if I were to focus on my goal weight I think I would have given up a while ago...But breaking it down and thinking in terms of 5-10 pounds at a time it is so much easier. But most of all I look to the future, don't focus on what went wrong, acknowledge it but move forward. We all deserve to reach our goals but just take it one day, one breath, one step at a time. that's how I get through it!
Cheriann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:45 AM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

Thanks ladies!!!

I will take the advice on small goals. I did day 1 of CP5K today... yay me!! My other goals for today are to stay op and drink 100 oz of water.

Any one else want to list your short term goals here???
daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:05 AM   #9  

Hi,
Raising hand to being a repeat offender.

Current goal is to NOT eat after 7pm for 40 days. I do all my damage after dinner. Also to fit into my current tight clothes.

Staying on plan but not 100%. I am no longer on program officially as I'm not doing the drinks. I eat pretty much as the yellow sheet but add in more veggies, some salt and a little butter. I also have 1 cup of coffee a day with cream and 1 tsp sugar. I track my food on thedailyplate which really helps.

I joined the program in 07 with good results but eventually gained it back and then some. I was very active and very hungry so started eating more and then had a major event in my life. After continuing the center, not staying on plan, spending the money, damage to self esteem, I quit. I quit everything.

Today is all about slow and easy one goal at a time.
saycindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
I am in the same boat with you gals.. I am on Menus made Easy and I am stuggling with this too.. I think my center is pretty much done with me.. I am under contract until October.. I see a therapist and she is gone until the beginning of October. I really need to stop with the compulsive eating. This is what we have figured out what is going on with me.. Now I need to get back on this plan and lose what I have gained back while I still can before October..

Ronnie ( I also feel like a loser) ;(
Awwww, Ronnie. I'm in the same boat as you. Repeat offender feeling like a loser. I'll bet you haven't gained back as much as me...15 lbs.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:12 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
Awwww, Ronnie. I'm in the same boat as you. Repeat offender feeling like a loser. I'll bet you haven't gained back as much as me...15 lbs.
Well maybe not 15 but enough to make me mad! LOL. What I am wondering, is what makes some people successful on this plan, and others not so much? How come we only get so far then throw in the towel so to speak. We did so well when we first started for many months then it is like I guess it really isn't so important anymore, when it was real important and it brought us here.. I am looking to find out what changed when I got to my goal.. They do say it is easier to lose the weight than to maintain the loss. Mine is all about compulsion and obsession.. I spend more time fighting with myself when it would be so much easier to just do the right thing which for most isn't that hard.. Just need to get back to a place where it is important again.. sorry to write a novel here. Was just supposed to be a paper back! LOL. Nice to see you here again..

Ronnie
Old 08-04-2010, 07:18 AM   #12  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

Default Catching it now before it goes wrong

I've been playing really fast and loose with the program since late last week. Now I'm on vacation, and I needed to read this thread this morning! Thank you all. I sense that I may be headed in the wrong direction, and with 9 more days on the road, I need to reign it in, big time. I brought all my HNS with me, plus my melba, a box of bars and some shakes, but the restaurant meals are so difficult when they happen one right after another. Time to step it up!
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:58 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
Well maybe not 15 but enough to make me mad! LOL. What I am wondering, is what makes some people successful on this plan, and others not so much? How come we only get so far then throw in the towel so to speak. We did so well when we first started for many months then it is like I guess it really isn't so important anymore, when it was real important and it brought us here.. I am looking to find out what changed when I got to my goal.. They do say it is easier to lose the weight than to maintain the loss. Mine is all about compulsion and obsession.. I spend more time fighting with myself when it would be so much easier to just do the right thing which for most isn't that hard.. Just need to get back to a place where it is important again.. sorry to write a novel here. Was just supposed to be a paper back! LOL. Nice to see you here again..

Ronnie
Ronnie, I think it gets easy. We add a little there and there and still lose, so we keep adding stuff.. When we first started the plan, we were afraid to stray. At least for me. I kept to the plan 100% at first. Now I'm about 80% on a good day. I've tried this week to be 100% and I'm still not there. Is it the taste of the forbidden? How is the new program working?

This week I'm doing the Meta Balance. It seems to work better for me.

Summer is really hard for me. I live in Savannah.. it was 118 last week.. I want to eat ice cream, and not cook. It is so much easier during the winter..
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:37 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 177.5/142/142

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladystarrider View Post
I've been playing really fast and loose with the program since late last week. Now I'm on vacation, and I needed to read this thread this morning! Thank you all. I sense that I may be headed in the wrong direction, and with 9 more days on the road, I need to reign it in, big time. I brought all my HNS with me, plus my melba, a box of bars and some shakes, but the restaurant meals are so difficult when they happen one right after another. Time to step it up!
Great time for you to check in..... you can do it!! Think of how happy you will be when you are home from vacation and have lost weight! Try and decide before you enter the restaurant that you will stick to plan and be the first to order so you are not tempted by what the others are going to eat. Drink lots and lots of water. It's all up to you.
wendinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:38 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEEZOOGIRL View Post
Ronnie, I think it gets easy. We add a little there and there and still lose, so we keep adding stuff.. When we first started the plan, we were afraid to stray. At least for me. I kept to the plan 100% at first. Now I'm about 80% on a good day. I've tried this week to be 100% and I'm still not there. Is it the taste of the forbidden? How is the new program working?

This week I'm doing the Meta Balance. It seems to work better for me.

Summer is really hard for me. I live in Savannah.. it was 118 last week.. I want to eat ice cream, and not cook. It is so much easier during the winter..
You are right, when you first start and see the weight come off you are pretty diligent and really are into it, but then little tastes of this and that creep in and I know I started to play games with myself to see what I could get away with and not gain weight.. The Meals made Easy Plan is great.. I am supplementing it with sweets! So that is my big problem. The plan is great I am not ... I started with MRC a year ago to lose 50# and I am still here putting weight back on.. I should have been done and moved on last December. I havent' heard from my Center in two weeks.. I think they have given up on me.. I am on contract until October.. I would love to lose the rest of this weight and walk in there on the last day of my contract.. I hate to be in this position and my therapist is gone until the end of September.. grrrr...

Ronnie