Old 08-02-2010, 07:41 PM   #1  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

Default having a hard time getting back on the wagon

okay so i havent been here in a long time partially because i was ashamed to have to say i gained back soooo much weight i was doing so well idk what happned ... i went from a size 20 (5'7 , 260 lbs) to a size 14 (still 5'7 212 lbs)
and even though i was aware obviously 212 is still overweight i got comftable fell off the bandwagon scince xmas still havent made it back on i feel miserable like all my hard work was down the drain if had stuck to plan i would have been in onderland by now but thats all said and done now that im back on the band wagon ( have been for like 4 days ) my scale wont frieken move ive been stuck at the same 239 for the past 3 to four days i feel so miserable i know giving up isnt the awnser but i feel awful ... im eating about 1600 calories a day and using my wii to try to burn about 300 a day ...am i eating to much ? excersizing to little?
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/150

Height: 5' 11"

Girl, just wanted to say! Good for you for being back on plan.

I fell off and went from 208 back to 231. Darnit!! I am so mad at myself. All my (UK) size 16s fit me at 208, but now NOTHING looks good on me. I think 1,600 cals are perfect. That is how much I am eating at the moment.

I think if you stick with this plan for 30 days, you will know how well it works for you. Good luck, and see you around the forums.

This is my day 1 back on plan.
Findmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:12 PM   #3  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

You have done great just by posting and trying to start again! Please try not to feel any shame or any regrets. Beating yourself up isn't good for you. Just go on from here . . .

In case you think I might not understand, I lost 50 pounds once only to gain back 75. It took me years to get back on the program - so I really do know how you feel.

My experience is that if you eat too little, you will get so hungry that you might binge. If you do too much exercise too fast, you could injure yourself, which could postpone your exercise plan. Neither is good for your body.

I would suggest being easy and patient with yourself, eat lean protein to help you feel satisfied, warm up before exercising, start with a moderate exercise routine that includes cardio and weights, and only weigh yourself one time per week.

Keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

Remember: Slow and steady wins the race. Find an eating and exercise plan that you can live with on a daily basis.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:31 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Give it a few days- remember changes don't happen overnight.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I don't think you're eating too little - I just think that you're expecting too much, too soon.

Give it some time. Get the good habits going. Get firmly back in the groove. Focus on getting the good eating behaviors down pat. That's where your focus should lie - not with the scale.

3 days back on the wagon is great, but you're not going to see very dramatic (if any) results in such a short time. STick with your plan, stick with it, STICK WITH IT and the scale WILL go down, it will have no choice but to HAVE to.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:25 PM   #6  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUNKEY_MUNKEY View Post
okay so i havent been here in a long time partially because i was ashamed to have to say i gained back soooo much weight i was doing so well idk what happned ... i went from a size 20 (5'7 , 260 lbs) to a size 14 (still 5'7 212 lbs)
and even though i was aware obviously 212 is still overweight i got comftable fell off the bandwagon scince xmas still havent made it back on i feel miserable like all my hard work was down the drain if had stuck to plan i would have been in onderland by now but thats all said and done now that im back on the band wagon ( have been for like 4 days ) my scale wont frieken move ive been stuck at the same 239 for the past 3 to four days i feel so miserable i know giving up isnt the awnser but i feel awful ... im eating about 1600 calories a day and using my wii to try to burn about 300 a day ...am i eating to much ? excersizing to little?
I think you have received some great advice, I just wanted to say I can relate! I stopped my eating plan and exercise (WHY???) back in November at 217 pounds--I'd lost 40!

I started back up again last week. I focussed on drinking my water, moving and making better food choices. (Doing my best to be on plan more than off.)

I feel GREAT. I'm so happy to finally be doing myself some good.

The scale will validate you, eventually. It will.

Don't forget to take your "before" measurements now, too! Good luck.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

Good Job for getting back on plan. You can do this. Just take it one day at a time!
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:46 AM   #8  

Alana in Canada!!!

What's this "yoga for inflexible people" video????

I would LOVE to get my hands on it...
Hiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:58 AM   #9  

Height: 5'5"

You're not the first, and you won't be the last. Good for you for getting back on track! You can do it!
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:27 PM   #10  

I am in the same boat. I fell off my plan back in mid to late November after losing 20 pounds and now I am 30 pounds up from then. I have spent all summer struggling to get back on plan and quit my bingeing behavior.

We can do it!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Glad you're back
Same thing happened to me. Went from 231 last summer to 268 this past May

It's taken me all summer to undo the damage.
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:58 PM   #12  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

well not to sound like im glad that this has happned to other people ( im not cause i know how this feels ) but im delighted to see that i really am understood here .... i feel so bad about it .... but im back on track and after day 4 i finally saw .5 pound loss today ... my TOM should be comming up within a few days ... around 5-6 days from now im hoping after it passes ill be feeling less stuffed up ....

i noticed alot of people said they fell off plan around mid november ... thats a little before i fell off my plan ... but it is no less around the holidays ....im thinking the holidays have alot to do with weightloss/gain this year when holiday season comes around i will be keeping my eyes open ..... the end of october to the second week of february is a bad time for me ... grrrr damn you halloween candies, thanksgiving biscuits christmas cookies new years cocktails and valentines day chocolates grrrrrrr
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #13  
started out 6/30/10

Height: 5'2"

It happened to me, too. In 2002 I lost 130 pounds and by 2005, I had gained 149. Yep. So after taking a few years off from trying to lose weight, trying, failing... I'm back with a vengeance.

I gotta tell ya, being on here every day, sometimes multiple time a day, has helped more than you can possibly imagine.

One thing everyone told me when I was starting out was that I wasn't eating enough. Turned out that they were right. I've lost over 20 pounds in a month by eating well and running, running, running.

Anyway, GOOD FOR YOU for coming back. Being in the "I Lost It and Gained All It Back" club sucks, but come November/holidays, we'll all be here to help each other get through it!
Quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:19 PM   #14  
Lazybones

S/C/G: 260/255/155

Height: 5'7

Me too. Lost 35#, gained back 15. Trying to recommit a healthier lifestyle to myself is hard. Good luck in your journey. We are all worth it.
Slimjem is offline   Reply With Quote