General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-02-2010, 02:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

Default Sexy or Cute? Which are you?

So...I am at that point where I feel pretty good about myself. My self esteem is where it needs to be, I can resist things that need resisting. However I find myself wondering how the heck do I become "sexy?" I've always been told I was cute. Which is great, cute is fun, but something about "sexy" just seems so inviting. First off, I have no idea how to be sexy, I've done the whole lingerie thing, and felt silly in it, I'm incredibly clumsy, and I seem to make a joke out of everything, being overweight for a while tends to bring out that characteristic in someone so they can learn to laugh at themselves. Maybe I should stop that?

The problem with "cute" is, in my experience, you come off more innocent to other people. Does anyone else have that experience?

Do you ladies consider yourself sexy or cute? What is it about you that classifies you as either? Elaborate please.
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 216/208/145

Height: 5'7

I think I'm cute...I have been told I have a baby face..
momto2girls08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260.2/228/145

Height: 5'4"

Gotta go with cute too!!! I have wondered too, at what point in your life does that transition happen... I am scared I am gonna go from cute to OLD!!! I am already 38, almost 39 and I have never been sexy!! Even when I look and dress like one of the sexy girls, I just feel uncomfortable and exposed!!! Seriously, I can put on the cleavage showing shirt the high heels, and I will be called pretty, or cute, but never sexy!! I think you are either one or the other... My sister is more of the sexy!! It is something about how you carry yourself... Good luck to you!!! I hope you find your sexy!! I hope I will find mine one day too!!
hairchick40v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 276 / 259 / 150

Height: 5' 6"

I'm gonna go with cute. Personally I'd rather be cute than sexy anyway.

I think people consider me cute because I have small petite facial features and a babyface. And people are weird about my nose. I had a random woman I've never met smile and crack up hysterically at me and then tell me I had the cutest nose ever. Then she asked me if it was mine or if I had it done. lol

I think cute is usually classified as looking and/or acting youthful and pretty. And yeah, people think I'm younger than I am. Which is good!

ps. I've been to Guam and I LOVED IT!

Last edited by ChubbyBun; 08-02-2010 at 02:57 PM.
ChubbyBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #5  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

Well, it feels kind of weird to say this about myself...but of the two, I'd have to say sexy. I don't think anyone has ever referred to me as cute (as a teen and adult). I don't have small, dainty facial features...or a small dainty anything, actually. I have prominent cheek bones and dark features and a big everything (seriously...big lips, big nose, big forehea, big boobs, big butt...sigh). I just don't think I would qualify as cute.

So, I guess I'm the first to vote herself sexy! Lol.

Last edited by ThicknPretty; 08-02-2010 at 03:00 PM.
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 212/216/150

Height: 5'3

Sexy! I got curves that my husband loves and it makes me feel totaly sexy. You don't need lingerie to feel sexy either. Just being comfortable in your own skin and happy with who you are makes you feel more sexy than any kind of skimpy jammies could.
CrystalZ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #7  

Height: 5 2"

I've always been "cute" at best, never sexy. I wouldn't even know where to start in trying to be "sexy".
getnslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:11 PM   #8  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Guam, dear...you are sexy! When my husband has happened upon your picture, like your avatar there..I hear "Oooh-lah-lah".

Me? Cute all the way. When I dress up with cleavage and heels, I feel like a little girl playing dress up. Not what I'm going for. I can not pull off sexy.

But my husband thinks I'm sexy...so it's all good.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:26 PM   #9  

What great perspectives! Thank you all for the feedback! I wish I could know what "sexy" feels like. Maybe I need a lil more confidence. When men check you out, does it make you uncomfortable? I'm still trying to figure that one out. I'm not used to some of the attention I get, and compliments make me feel a little uncomfortable at times, but I guess I'm still a work in progress.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:28 PM   #10  
Maintainer since 12-22-10

S/C/G: 198/190/165

Height: 5'8"

Sexy for me....up to yesterday my BF told me that I was sexy. I suppose its the way you carry yourself. I dont wear revealing clothes but at times I send off this confidence vibe that I guess makes me look sexy.
Slim CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:32 PM   #11  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I think a woman can be both
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Cute and sexy are NOT mutually exclusive. A lot of guys find cute very sexy. Cuteness is sexy, silliness is sexy, dramatic is sexy, bossy can be sexy, out-of-character can be sexy (if you're usually serious about sex, switching once in a while to silly - or vice versa can be sexy).....

I have a lot of facets to my personality (and most of them are sexy). I can use makeup and clothing to go in many different directions, and I like the variety. I'm comfortable in many different skins.

I did learn, though that cute is often underated. My husband responds to cute and silly more than dramatic/serious sexy (maybe too much pressure? I'm not sure).

I was a little disappointed at first, because I do like sexy lingerie and seductive drama, but it doesn't float hubby's boat. With him cute and silly wins every time. I once did a silly naked dance in only tennis shoes (yes, fat, naked me). I was undressing and while I usually remove my shoes first. I didn't this time. I still had my shoes on when hubby walked in and started laughing because I was wearing nothing but socks and tennis shoes, so I did a silly dance - and he said it was the sexiest thing he'd ever seen (and even though he was laughing, it was so true. Nothing gets him in the mood like me wearing nothing but bulky running shoes).

Hubby and I are kids at heart, so our sexy tends to be funny, silly, big-kid, "cute" stuff. I once brought washable Crayola markers to bed, and we drew "tattoos" on each other.

Sexy comes in many flavors, and cuteness is definitely one of them. If you do cute well, then rock that cuteness.

Last edited by kaplods; 08-02-2010 at 03:49 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #13  
saggzz

S/C/G: 222/205.6/170

Height: 5'9"

Back in the day when I was thinner-like during college--I was sometimes referred to as "the vixen" by a few boys. So, I guess I'd have to say sexy.
I'm still not sure why they called me that, but I think it's kind of funny.
saggzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 280/183/165

Height: 5'10

I definitely would say cute. And I'm definitely good with that. The other day, one of my oldest friends (who happens to be a dude) was trying to help me feel a little bit better about myself by telling me I was sexy, but it just sounds funny. I'm all for the heels and the hair, but I don't feel sexy, I just feel like me, but with heels on.

So I put myself in the comfortable, girl-next-door, approachable cute category with a smile!
funnycanadiangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:04 PM   #15  

Looking back, I'd have to say that my fiance' responds more to my "cuteness" rather than the times I've sported some sexy lingerie outfit. I guess I never noticed that he prefers cute to sexy. So you all are absolutely right, I need to work my cuteness, and I guess I'd only have a problem if he preferred sexy to my cute. haha, Who needs therapy when I've got you ladies!?!? Thanks for opening my eyes!