Old 07-31-2010, 04:08 PM   #1  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Scott's Barbecue Sauce - as seen in Vanity Fair

Firefly 68 and other barbeque sauce lovers: Scott's Barbecue Sauce I recommended made Vanity Fair magazine, August issue! Who knew?

The article is "Where There's Smoke...There's Great Barbecue" and lists Scott's Barbecue Sauce as Ken Callaghan's (of Blue Smoke in NYC) choice as best sauce.

Best of all - Scott's has 0 carbs, 0 sugar...an Atkin's dream.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:33 PM   #2  
Re-newbie

S/C/G: 161/139/128

Height: 5'4"

Hi again! Remember when you told me about it last week or so? Well guess what was already in my fridge? YEAH! Scott's. It's good stuff. Still haven't cooked any pig yet, but that's the ticket if I ever do.
firefly68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

I ordered me some today. I'm thinking BBQ ribs! Yummmmy!
LTs girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:33 PM   #4  
Less Juicey

Default Baby Backs

What Carolina girl doesn't love her some baby backs? Cook you some pork!

If the Scott's is too tart and you like sweeter sauce, you can add artificial sweetner a little at a time...but real NC barbecue freaks love the spicy vinegar sauce.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:21 PM   #5  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Super! I've been searching for a great low-carb BBQ sauce! My area groceries have none at all, boo!

I just ordered three 16 oz. bottles off http://www.scottsbarbecuesauce.com/ -- I will repost when I get it delivered and taste-test it Thanks for the heads-up!

I wonder how much the UPS shipping charges are. I'm guessing they email receipts after a bit? Even if they are a bit inflated, it'll be worth it though. I miss BBQ sauce something fierce!

ETA: And the 16 oz. bottle was only $2.20! Do you have to use more since it's a thinner, vinegar-based sauce? Maybe next time, I'll have to go with the supersized 128 oz. bottle (4 quarts!), ha!

Last edited by BerkshireGrl; 08-22-2010 at 03:25 PM.
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 04:48 PM   #6  
Less Juicey

Scott's is NC vinegar barbecue sauce; it's not sweet. If you want sweet, add Splenda to taste. Because the flavor is strong, you don't need much. You can marinate whatever you're cooking in it, and you won't need any more sauce. It's not going to ever be a thick, sweet, gooey sauce. It's NC barbecue sauce at its finest, though. I love it.

And it's not LOW CARB, it's ZERO CARB!