View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 10:53 AM   #10
gardenerjoy
Green Tomatoes

S/C/G: 241/188/183

Height: 5'9"

I decided yesterday to start shifting my focus a bit from losing weight to building muscle. For a couple of months now, I've been doing mostly long low-intensity aerobic workouts which seem to be most effective for getting the weight off. But, since I want to be functional, not just thinner, this seems like a good time to work some strength training back in the routine. As part of that, I'm also reading The Body Fat Solution by Tom Venuto -- a book by a body builder, but for regular people.

WI: -0.35kg, Exercise: +105 105/1800 minutes for August, Food: 90%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

silverbirch: I like your ramblings -- it's helpful to see someone else's process of working things out. Seems the wheels are turning.

new2me2: yay for the downtic in weight!

synger: yay for loose pants!

BillBlueEyes: kudos for biking for errands. Yep, green grape tomatoes are green when they are ripe! That's helpful to know about tomatoes -- that means they will ripen next weekend when we've gone to KC for four days!

seadwaters: good job with planning and following through on the cafeteria meal and the meal at home. Hope your appointment with the trainer goes well.

AmberPr: way to go with planning for a busy week with travel!

Project: back to goal, 5 pounds at a time
My goal story: Fifty and feeling fabulous!
Visit Joy's Book Blog -- I review cookbooks and diet books most Saturdays!