Old 08-02-2010, 08:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountability, plans, menu, exercise, stuff....week of August 2

Here is a place where you can put your plans, menu, exercise, and have some accountability.

Feel free to join in!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:29 AM   #2  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies. Yea!! It is a new month. I lost 10 pounds in July. I am a little frustrated right now though because today is day 7 at 225.0 - 225.8 ....It could be TOM weight, but I am still annoyed.

Yesterday I was at 1913 calories and I swam for 45 minutes and did some abdominal exercises. My plan for today is:

B: Coffee
2 eggs
2 slices whole wheat toast

L: leftover stuffed bellpeppers

s: almonds

D: Cheeseburger
Potato wedges (the ones I make with olive oil)

I also plan to go swimming today.
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #3  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! New month, and a fresh start for me. I have been floundering a bit....I will do well...than slack..then do well..you get the picture. I am back w/ a new attitude. I have started cooking healthy meals for hubby and I, not sure what happened w/ that--I enjoy cooking, just fell into the trap of pickingup something on the way home, or eating junk. Part of the problem was not having a grill for a while, which was very frustrating, but can't blame it all on that. Tonight for dinner I am making spaghetti squash w/ sauce and a little fresh grated romano cheese. YUM!!! I would love some bread, but I tend to eat way too much of that, so I may stop and pick up two Italian bread rolls, that way there is only one for each of us!

I have already started drinking water this morning. I will ride the bike and lift weights at the gym today.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

TXMary2--Congrats on 10# lost in July--You Rock!!!

mj5--I totally relate. I have been floundering too. New month, new attitude!

I picked up some hungry girl cookbooks that were discounted and the recipes look very do-able. I especially like that a majority of them make individual servings or servings for two. My husband rarely eats like I do and since there are only two of us this works for me! I don't actually make to separate meals, I just tweak one end of the meal for him--usually that just means leaving out the veggies for him--LOL!

I also ordered some vita tops, some protein bars, protein drinks, and some 'diet dinners' for those busy days.

Today I swim. I must do that more often! Why is it the minute you buy a membership you lose interest in using it??? That's just perverse--what is wrong with me????

So, my plan is to plan. It is my weakest area, but I must plan my meals. I must plan my swim time. I just need to do it!

The good news is that I am maintaining my weight by +/-2#s.

Has anyone heard of 'resetting' their metabolism? What does that mean and how do you do it?
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 258/245.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Good morning!

TXMary - that is amazing!! Wonderful job on your 10 pound loss in July! You are working so hard & deserve this! Be proud!

mj5 - August is a great time to get recommitted. Gives you a solid 3 months to get your food & exercise habits firmly engrained before the holidays hit!

ANewCreation - Let us know how the Hungry Girl cookbooks workout. I am always on the search for easy recipes! I've never heard of "resetting" metabolism?

As for me, a busy & over-indulgent weekend. Well, at least Saturday. We celebrated DH's birthday & it was just too easy to give in to the pizza, cake & ice cream. Oh, well. Yesterday I was back at it. Felt so yucky yesterday morning for overeating Saturday night, it was a reminder of how I DO NOT want to feel like that every day of my life, like I used to! Kept my calories purposefully low (well, low for me, it was still about 1400 cal) & some activity.

This morning I got up to do the elliptical for 60 minutes, & when I was about 2/3 of the way done, the power blinked (due to a storm) & caused the elliptical to re-set. Grr! So I did another 22 minutes, thinking that was about how much I had left, but I don't know my total distance, heart rate or anything like that.

Today's menu:

Breakfast - 1 serving shredded wheat, 1/2 C. skim milk, 1 banana
Snack - 1 oz. almonds, 1 light cheese stick
Lunch - wrap with 2 oz. baked ham, 2 T. hummus, lettuce, tomatoes, & cucumbers, 4 oz. grapes
Snack - Greek yogurt, 1 apple
Supper - Orrowheat sandwich thin, 1 Laughing Cow cheese wedge, 2 oz. lean roast beef, salad with tomato, cucumber, 2 T. raisins, 2 T. light ranch
Snack - apple with 2 T. peanut butter

Have a wonderfully healthy day, ladies!
mingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks! Glad to be home - I had a good visit with family and especially with my GS.

Here is my plan for today!

breakfast - morningstar bacon, pnb toast, cranberry juice lite

lunch - egg white and cheese omlette, turkey sausage, sliced tomatoes, pnb toast

snack - yogurt, melon

dinner -tuna and peas and lite mayo, rice cakes, green bean salad

snack - pudding, clementine, cheese

Lots of water for me. I will probably need to wait 6 weeks before the surgery. I can get back into my healthy routine.

Mingle - hop back on to your plan. Sometimes when we go off the plan it reminds us of how much better we feel ON the plan.

newcreation - it's plan plan and plan some more. It really makes a difference. You CAN do this.

mj - it's so easy to get into the 'pick up dinner' routine. Let's make a pact to go to the farm market this week and plan healthy meals. Ya want to???

txmary - WOW - losing 10 pounds last month is awesome.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 08-02-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:40 PM   #7  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

It seems like a lot of my Monday posts have been about being accountable and trying to get back on track. Well, here's another one. I had a little vacation, so I've been off track again. Just being a slacker.... Anyway, the vacation is over, and I've got to pick it back up again. I went to the gym today and did my Body Pump class. I'm paying the price for slacking last week, and I'm feeling a little sore. Too bad! I have to keep going. I'm determined to make this a good week. Step by step!

TXMary - Good for you with the 10 pounds!

MJ - Yep, I've been floundering, too. But we have a fresh month, fresh week to start again!

ANewCreation - Planning is tough! I'm with you on that! But it sounds like we're all ready to get back to planning, and being on plan!!!

Mingle: I hear you on being upset about having to reset a machine. I've done that to myself before, by hitting the wrong button. At least you know you did it!

Beverly - Glad you had some nice family time!!!

Hope everyone has a great week!!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:03 PM   #8  

Update:

B-- protein bar
140c

S--gr yogurt w/ fruit
140c

Lunch--chicken burrito
360c

S--blueberry scone
460c

D--Chinese chicken chopped salad (first hungry girl recipe)
245c+ 90c for thai peanut dressing= 335

S--pudding
155c

Total: 1590c

I swam for 30 minutes this morning. I plan (Yes, I can do this) to swim 3-4x a week. I plan to walk on the treadmill 2x a week. I planned my menu for the week and I went to the grocery store with a detailed list. Grocery shopping done! Now, all I need to do is follow my plan!

Thanks for the encouragement, dear chickies.

Has anyone ever had shiratake tofu noodles? HG has a whole section on them and I'd like some reviews before I head to the healthfood store to purchase them

Let's continue forward!

Last edited by ANewCreation; 08-02-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:36 AM   #9  
mj5

Good Morning!!! I made spaghetti squash last night w/ sauce and a little fresh grated romano cheese....hubby said he liked it better than spaghetti! Now, I wouldn't go that far (that's the Italian in me talking, LOL!), but it was SOOOOO good!!! Next time I'll add some sauteed mushrooms (I forgot them), but it was a really easy dinner to make too.

ANewCreation--Yea, we can do it!

mingle--Yes it does! And I have a pair of favorite jeans that are just a wee bit too snug for my liking...I'd like to wear them comfortably by fall, and then well...have to find a new pair of favorite jeans because they'll be too big!

Beverlyjoy--So glad you had a great visit w/ family! YES! I'm in!!! I plan on stopping on my way back from my meeting this morning AND on Saturday...I had fallen into a trap of buying too much at once, then not using and it would just get thrown out. So, when are you going?

Diane--I am in that very same boat! WE can all do this!!!

Hubby and I are both turning 40 in September. We are looking for something fun to do (like a weekend get away for something). I have a "min-goal" dress that when I ordered it online was a bit snug, but I love the dress (and it was inexpensive) so I kept it. Time to pull it out and put it at the end of the closet again. I would LOVE to be able to wear it on our weekend away. If not, that's ok, we'll have an awesome date night when it does fit.

Have a great OP day!!!
Old 08-03-2010, 10:43 AM   #10  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Well, yesterday was better in that I made it to the gym, but I wasn’t totally on plan with my food, so that’s the new hurdle today. I went to spin class this morning. Just about killed me, but I made it. So far so good on food and water, too. One day at a time.

AnewCreation: Yay for you! You have your plan in place! Now you’ve got it made!

MJ: I hope the dress fits! But, if not, you have a good attitude in place to wear it some other time. Good for you!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:21 PM   #11  
mj5

Hi again!

Diane--Yea for going to spin class!

So at the farmers market I bought cantalope, globe zucchini--which I will grill tonight, and yellow beans--which I will steam tonight. I wanted to buy LOTS of stuff, but I want to use up what we have at home before I bring home more.

I just came back from a meeting with our executive director and my director. We are moving forward with our new program. It is very exciting!!!

Fill up those water bottles!!!

Have a great afternoon!
Old 08-03-2010, 03:05 PM   #12  

mj5--I haven't been to a farmers market in years. Good for you for buying only a small amount so you can use up what you have at home. I think that's why I don't go--I show no restraint and then I can never eat what I buy fast enough BTW, I believe that dress will fit--you have plenty of time to get to that goal. Sometimes it's just a matter of a few pounds to make something fit well.

Slashnl--Good job! One day at a time is right!!!

BeverlyJoy--I'm glad you had a good visit. Thanks for your encouragement!

B--Bagel, cr ch
380c

Lunch--Spag squash, topped with zuc, mushrooms in a simple tomato sauce and some RF mozz cheese sprinkled on top.
145c

S--mini donut
70c

D--leftovers with chicken, jello w/ff topping
400c

S--cereal, pbj sand
500c

Total--1495c

Note about lunch--with the exception of the cheese, I was able to eat a GINORMOUS amount of food with very little calories. As a matter of fact I couldn't finish what I had fixed so I may have a part two lunch later in the afternoon. Or I may throw some chicken on it for dinner tonight. And if that's the case I'll only have to calorie count the chicken since the rest has already been calorie counted. I made a double batch so I have some for tomorrows lunch. Just a little something I threw together.....very filling

I'll be back to edit dinner since I'm unsure what I'm having tonight.

Continue to press on chickies!

Last edited by ANewCreation; 08-04-2010 at 01:21 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #13  

B: 1 cup total cereal, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 banana, 1 cup simply orange
L: tuna salad sandwich on light whole wheat bread, 2nd half banana
S: apple with 1 tbsp peanut butter
D: 1/2 cup whole wheat pasta w/chicken and butternut squash sauce
Post workout snack: 1 GoLean fiber and protein bar

Exercise: 30 minutes elliptical, 15 minutes bike
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:09 PM   #14  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Hi ladies- I have been super busy and haven't had time to check in. Today I only had 1333 calories, but this morning I was up another .2 and thus up 1 pound from last week! UGH - stupid TOM!!!

Tomorrow I am taking the kids to Six Flags Water Park so will be walking all day long etc. I plan on eating chicken salad sandwhiches and cheetos. LOL

I am glad you are all doing well. Have a fabulous day tomorrow!
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:20 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Hopefully I will get a chance to catch up on the thread tonight after work. Got a virus on the pc early Sunday morning so it's been stressful...lol. Got the pc back from the shop last night.

The scale edged downward so that is worth a big smile on my face!!

Yesterday's food ~

tea ( no sugar)
water
cheerios and milk

brown rice w/ veggies
water

2 morningstar chicken patties
light cream cheese
tomatoes
water

peanut butter
slice of bread