Old 08-02-2010, 02:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/225/145

Height: 5'5.5

Thumbs up New beginnings

Nearly 3 weeks ago, I decided that eating meat didn't really fit with my world views anymore and as much as I loved the taste of chicken, I told myself I wouldn't eat any meat for at least a month. Now that my "test" is coming to an end, I have officially decided that meat, surprisingly, is not something that I ever want to go back to again. Aside from my dad and a friend, I don't know anyone else in my life that is a Vegetarian/Vegan...so does anyone have any delicious vegetarian recipes? I've been eating lots of cheese sandwiches/ morning star burgers lately...and I love to cook! Also, my dad told me if I eat the right foods, I won't need to supplement my diet with any vitamins. Is this true? I've always thought that vegetarians, and especially vegans needed vitamins to get nutrients that they were missing out on from not eating meat.
RndmCandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:29 AM   #2  
Vegging out

S/C/G: 268/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

Hi! I can't be of much help because I am a new vegetarian myself, but I wanted to tell you that google is your friend! I googled meatless recipes and there were tons of sites that came up, and tons of recipes on those sites. That would be a good place to start, that way you can choose things that appeal to your personal tastes and that use ingredients that you have access to. I printed off like half a ream of paper worth of recipes, and some have been good, some not so good. That is my suggestion to you! Good luck!
dudesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:04 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'd personally recommend vitamins for everyone, regardless of what they eat. Sadly, our foods just aren't as nutritious as they used to be. I take a multivitamin a couple times per week. I also get a yearly physical and have vitamin levels checked at that time.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/184/130

Height: 5'8"

If you are eating nutrient dense food, is it still necessary to take a multi vitamin? Since becoming vegan I have been taking an iron supplement but that is about it. Should I up it to a multivitamin a couple times a week?
tend3rloin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:41 AM   #5  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Vegetarians don't need supplements, as there is nothing that exists solely in meat. Vegans need B12, but it's not an emergency, as the body takes a very long time - years, even - to process the B12 already in the system.

I would recommend Googling recipes! There are tons out there. For my cheese sandwiches, I used to like making them on an English muffin with melted cheese (a three-cheese blend) and a slice of tomato. Mmm!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote