View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 12:35 AM   #81
Cglasscock1
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Super good thread!
I have a tower of books beside my bed and many of them are diet books. I often pick up books at discount stores and am surprised when many of them are actually good. One of these is "Winning After Losing" by Stacey Halprin.
She offers great advice on maintenance and uses her story of losing 350 pounds and keeping it off. A very down to earth book. Another discount book that I found fascinating is "Gaining, The Truth About Life After Eating Disorders" by Aimee Liu. A great read and very illuminating.

I just finished "Break Through Your Set Point" by George Blackburn, M.D., Ph.D. His theory is that the success is achieved by losing 10% of your weight, taking a long break, and then losing more. Strangely, that is exactly the way my weight loss journey has ended up due to life circumstances.

I second both of the Beck Diet Solution books and Dr. Phil's "The Ultimate Weight Loss Solution." Also on my stack: "You on a Diet," by Michael; F.Roizen, M,D. which was a New York Times Bestseller when it came out.
In the past, I've also gotten good info from Stephen Gullo's books and from Geneen Roth.
I read everything with an open mind, sucking up bits and pieces as I go to put together my own wierd construct of what I believe about this subject!

"Every Day is a Gift."
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote