Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-01-2010, 04:50 PM   #1  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

Default Need help not breaking diet very depressed!

Hi guys need help not breaking my diet I have been doing really good all week, today I am very bad depressed right now because I live with some very mean people I don't really want to talk about what happened but I'm fighting very hard not grabbing the junk food right now to cheer myself up even though I know that wouldn't even work and I would just feel a million times worse. Or hurting myself. I don't know what I'm asking for really just help cheering up I guess.
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:08 PM   #2  
Happy Member

HI, Going2bskinny:

Yes, life throws stuff at us at times. However, as you already know, the solution is not to be found behind the refrigerator door. No matter how badly we have been hurt, those of us who are weight-challenged must find ways to cope with that hurt.

Life is not fair, I agree with that.

But when things go wrong remember that tomorrow will be a better day. It usually is.

Anyway, cheer up. We do understand what you are going through. It hurts, yes it does hurt. It hurts a lot, but breaking your diet will not help in the least.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:17 PM   #3  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

alright thanks so much jojo sorry everybody. I won't break it. Should probably workout so I have something to feel good about instead, I'll do that. Thanks again
Old 08-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #4  

Default Redirect that energy

Yes, you will definitely encounter some mean and less-than-encouraging people.. I just had my own negative experience yesterday. Know what I did? Instead of grabbing food, I headed to a room and did a tae bo video. I also wrote in my journal. I felt so much better after the workout. The endorphins will cheer you up for sure AND you'll be that much closer to reaching your goals and being healthy.

Don't let ANYONE steal your joy!!
maxielovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:20 PM   #5  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

I suggest going for a walk or other exercise. It's a great stress reliever and it gets you away from the kitchen & the people who are bothering you.

I know it sucks! I'm having a hard time right now because my husband is celebrating an anniversary and he wanted me to bake him a carrot cake. I don't really like carrot cake but let me tell you, this carrot cake is epic. I got the recipe from his aunt and it is his favorite. So I agreed to make this cake for him. I'm doing good though, I made myself a strawberry smoothie and I'm researching healthy recipes online. I also have a plan for if that carrot cake starts calling my name.

I'm glad you came here instead of going to the fridge. This place is awesome for support. Good luck!
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:25 PM   #6  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

I'm glad I came here first too thanks so much hpnodat and maxielovely I'll get strapping on my walking shoes
Old 08-01-2010, 05:33 PM   #7  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnodat View Post
I suggest going for a walk or other exercise. It's a great stress reliever and it gets you away from the kitchen & the people who are bothering you.

I know it sucks! I'm having a hard time right now because my husband is celebrating an anniversary and he wanted me to bake him a carrot cake. I don't really like carrot cake but let me tell you, this carrot cake is epic. I got the recipe from his aunt and it is his favorite. So I agreed to make this cake for him. I'm doing good though, I made myself a strawberry smoothie and I'm researching healthy recipes online. I also have a plan for if that carrot cake starts calling my name.

I'm glad you came here instead of going to the fridge. This place is awesome for support. Good luck!

maybe some sugar free pudding would help take the edge off if you crave that carrot cake too bad. I know how you feel where I live they eat junk food most of the time in front of me already made cupcakes and strawberry shortcake this week I said no to them all was hard but I did it good luck too!
Old 08-01-2010, 06:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

hun, you need to vent. I think writing in a journal what you are feeling would be the first step. I remember this book when I was little. I don't remember the name, but the boy found out a secret. He had to keep the secret, and it was driving him mad. So he went out into they yard and dug a very deep hole and yelled the secret into the hole. He felt immensely better.

the point. Get it out--if not to a friend, then on paper. you can ball up the paper and throw it out when you are done--if there are privacy issues. the best thing would be to keep it and see how you are feeling is making you want to eat junk.

i am sorry you are going through a rough time. I pray it gets better.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

What used to work well for me when I used to get, for lack of a better phrase, pissed off was that I would go for a walk and I would hoof it much harder than I normally do. For instance, if I was used to walking 2.5 mph on the treadmill I'd bump it up to 3.0 and go to town. It was a GREAT way to get our my aggression PLUS I could imagine the face of whoever I was upset w/ underneath my foot on every single step.

Negative people WANT you to give up and go to that fridge or pantry...they WANT to see you give in to your temptations and know that they caused it. Don't give them that satisfaction...show them that they will NOT be the one to break you and that you are strong enough to beat them!!!

In other words........................YOU GO, GIRL!!!
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 267.8/211/150

Height: 5'2"

I'm an emotional eater. It sounds like you are, too?

Kudos to you for recognizing that the bad thing that happened today is making you want to it. It's taken me YEARS to be able to look in myself and see that whatever squabble or argument or stress is making me want to eat. I think that's the first step in stopping it.

I hope you had a good workout and got some of that anger/frustration/hurt out. Channel it and use it for good.

Hugs.
Bac0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:40 PM   #11  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

The workout was good the cravings still were sticking around because I was still sad but I didn't eat anything. I think I will try that journaling thing probably need that. Thanks Jen. That's a good idea Natasha next time I get mad or sad I'll jump on the treadmill first thing or do my weights.

Thanks Bac0s took me a long time to realize that also. It is helping to finally have realized that.

Thanks very much you guys