View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 07:13 AM   #2
BillBlueEyes

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Sunday - with summer on the run

Diet Coaches/Buddies - A simple summer weekend day catching up on some chores. Ate on plan; CREDIT moi. Did my gym; CREDIT moi. Was cool enough at dinner that we had to wear long sleeved shirts to eat out on the patio - a tad unseasonable for the end of July in the Boston area.

The Blue Jay came to the bird bath as it does daily - not particularly disturbed that we were sitting about six feet away. Does four dip-and-shakes then flies to the fence. Beginning to feel like "our" Blue Jay, LOL. It's dry enough around here that our bird bath is serving the local avian community well.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Kudos for meeting your July exercise goal and for giving yourself new workout pants as a reward.

Cheryl (Seadwaters) - You're really taking your exercise seriously - Kudos for going to the gym when you "had to twist my arm" with Kudos again for making an appointment with your trainer.

Interesting question about FREE samples: Yes, my food plan includes FREE samples - when new-to-me, rare or unusual, or as replacement for a snack. But not including the mundane that I could get anytime such as potato chips, crackers, cookies, and cheese. I consider myself wandered off plan when I grab a bunch of nuts, for example, just because they're FREE.

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Ouch for leading horses to water; this parenting business is hard. Good choice to go replant your zucchini. You remind me of the song from the Fantasticks of the sixties, LOL,
Plant a carrot, get a carrot,
not a Brussels sprout.
That’s why I like vegetables,
you know what you’re about.
Donna (new2me2) - Yay for feeling better - with exercising and journalling. Lack of sleep brings the whole world down.

Amber (AmberPr) - Congrats on reaching Onderland - nice milestone. Have you planned a reward? Yay for your own raspberries coming in - I'm jealous. Count me as one of those still learning to plan. If I make a (realistic) plan for the day, I get more done. If my list includes, for example, eliminate world hunger, then the whole list is useless - as if it didn't exit. So my current challenge is making choices when making the list, which seems like a good way to live when I do it.

synger - Ouch for when "My 'just say no' goes completely out the window" - BTDT. Good to have that calibrated so that choices can be made.

Readers -
Quote:
day 33
Eliminate Emotional Eating

Use Mindset Techniques
Apply the same kind of thinking techniques you previously learned to combat emotional eating:

. . .
Read your Advantages Response Card. Review all the reasons you want to lose weight. Don't you still want to achieve all those benefits? Aren't they still important? Is it worth strengthening your giving-in muscle by eating now?

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 229.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 7 years