Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 09:03 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile ~~~Jaded Ladies #3~~~

Here we go... this is a small group of ladies (I use that term loosely ) who help each other through the jouney of weight loss and all of life's ups and downs with encouragement, humor and caring. Please join us - we would love to have you post with us.

Back in a few...
Old 02-27-2003, 09:19 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

How about when we get to post #30, or thereabout, somebody start a new thread? It takes so long to load after so many..

Julie - Your kids are adorable!! I'm nopt familiar with the bladder thing you DD has. Hope the meds will clear it up.

Donna - Love the pic of DH and the pets. I've got a scrapbook page of my DH holding every dog we ever had, even tho he said Dogs Belong Outside before we got married. He is worse than me in how he caters to them. So sorry about your Lladro. I can also sympathize about your sister. I love my sisters dearly, but once in awhile they get on my nerves.

Gals, I am so sad this morning... my beloved Mr. Rogers passed away today from cancer. All 3 of my kids grew up with his influence, and I feel he was a genuinely caring and thoughtful man. I think I read that he was an ordained minister, too. Anyway, he was such an advocate of accepting people "just the way they are". Here's to you, Mr. Rogers.......

The party last night was good. The 4 y/o birthday girl was very excited and had trouble eating because she knew there would be presents, lol. She is a polite little thing, and said thank you after each one.

DH has to teach late today to make up some labs from last week's cancellation. So DD and I are splitting a bag of Lean Cuisine Skillet Sensations. It Herb Chicken - I've never had that one, but it sounds good.

Better go get busy. Have a good day, Ladies.
Jana
Old 02-27-2003, 09:38 AM   #3  

Just a real quick peek in to let you know I am around. I have to go in and replace the other tire rim this morning so I seem to be starting on the same road as yesterday!

You know, I loved Fred Rogers especially when ole Speedy Delivery brought his tapes about manufacuring and such! We are all going to miss a truly remarkable man. Did you guys know he was an ordained Methodist minister. He must have been a really blessing to his congregation!

Well, onward and upward. Looks like the mall for me again today!

Donna
Old 02-27-2003, 10:15 AM   #4  

Good morning! DS is doing better this morning, only a temp of 100.2!

To let you know about the bladder reflux DD has, it is the valve that goes from the right side of the bladder to the kidneys, well it is weak or something therefore her urine travels back up to her kidney making her sick with Uterine Tract Infections. They classify them from 1 to 5, 4 and 5 needing surgery, well she is a 3 and will need to take meds every morning at least for 6 months. Then they'll do a repeat VCUG which is inserting a cathedar into her urethra and filling the bladder with an Iodine solution to do x-rays and check for reflux. I am just thankful that she doesn't need surgery and we caught it without scaring her kidney.

Hope everyone has a good day and gets some excersise in. I need to get out and go for a walk when DH is off work.

Take care ladies
Julie
Old 02-27-2003, 07:01 PM   #5  

WOW, I am so use to the four of here! I was pleasantly surprised to find a few other ladies have joined our group.

I need to go back and read the previous post so that I will know who everyone is. I will go ahead and tell you a little bit about myself.

My name is Ruth and I have been a member of this site since Jan 2000. I am 44, been married 18 years and have 2 daughters from a previous marriage and 1 stepdaughter. My husband and I have 5 grandchildren with 1 more on the way.
Oh, I'm a full time college student trying to obtain a degree in accounting.

I'll be back later, going to read the previous post so I can catch up.

Take care,
Ruth
Old 02-27-2003, 07:31 PM   #6  

Hey everyone! I only hav a couple minutes but wanted to peek in. I have been out all day and have a ton of stuff to try and get done this evening.

Plese keep me in your thoughts. The secretarial job at my husband's plant has become available again and I would LOVE to have it. I have the skills if I can convince the manager out there to hire me.

I will try and get in here tomorrow, but it is going to be as nuts as today!

Donna

***Hi Ruth and welcome***
Old 02-27-2003, 08:09 PM   #7  

Okay, I'm back for a quick moment.

First, I'd like to say that Julie, you have adorable children. They are absolute cuties.

Second, Donna, your three guys are also cuties.

I wish I knew how to resize photos. CARREE, if you will send me a message here, maybe I can email you some photos and you can resize them for me?

JANA & KAT, your pantyhose stories cracked me up!! I could picture both of you struggling with your hose!!

BTW, sorry I didn't give you the scoop on our newest addition. Her name is Brittany Paige. She weighed 7 lbs 7ozs, and was 18 3/4 inches long. She is definitely adorable, and my hubby is definitely the proud grandfather. He has been a wonderful grandpa to my daughters children, but this is actually his first grandchild. He actually had tears in his eyes the first time he held her in the hospital.

KAT must be busy at school and at the gym. Let us know how things are going.

JANA, congrats on the losses. WW is really easy. I just joined WW online and love it. I've been OP for 5 days now.

OH, congrats on the new grandbaby. Hope it isn't twins again!!!

Well, Survivor is own, I'll write again tomorrow.

AGAIN, welcome to Julie and Donna. Poor Jana was getting lonely when we disappeared.

Take care,
Ruth
Old 02-28-2003, 06:18 AM   #8  

Ruth: Is this your first grandbaby? There is definitely nothing like them in the world is there? I only have 1 and he is 2 1/2, but I adore that child. I told dh yesterday, that when I come up to their door on their house and I see him run to the door all excited to see me, my heart just thumps in my chest. Just watching him eat an ice cream cone or say something funny is an incredible feeling for me. My son is single and Kelly was told she could not have children and dh and I wanted grandchildren so very bad. She took a home pregnancy test at our house on the day of her dad's 50th birthday party. She showed me before her dh and I could hardly keep it a secret. I was acting like an idiot. We snuck out and bought Happy Birthday Grandpa balloons and went to the hall and tied them to his chair as the way to tell him. It semi-backfired because he originally thought they were an "old-age" joke, but when he realized what it really was, it was truly special. Our gs has this beautiful head of red hair and the personality to match. Yesterday, I took he and his mom to lunch and his mom leaned over to him and kissed him and said, "I love you." I asked him, Thomas, who else do you love. He said, " I love this ice cream." Brother! I said, "What people do you love?" I expected mommy, daddy etc. He said, "I love YOU, Nonny!" Makes me tear up just thinking of it!

Julie: Your little ones are in my prayers! I hope your ds is getting back to normal.

Well, I hear dh is up so I have to go.

Donna
Old 02-28-2003, 07:12 AM   #9  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

RUTH!!!! - I thought you fell off the face of the earth or something, it's been so long. So glad you're back! CONGRATS on Brittany. She sounds like a real cutie pie. When is # 6 due?

Donna - I will keep you in my prayers that you get the job, if it was meant to be. And I sure do know what you mean about the love for your gs filling your heart up. The twins are 8 1/2 mos old now, and when they see me, even across a crowded room, they will honor me with a big ol' grin, and I just melt. The first time one of them reached out for me was a red-letter day!

I'm taking Fern (mil) out to lunch today. With the bad weather we've had, visits to her have been few and far between. Not that she remembers them anyway. But she does remember us still, and I dread the day she doesn't know me. Anyway, it will be nice to get her out of that place for awhile.

Have a good one!
Jana
Old 02-28-2003, 08:38 AM   #10  

Morning ladies,

DONNA, no Brittany is our fifth grandchild. But, this was my step-daughter's first baby.

My oldest daughter Chasy has two sons, Nicholas Taylor is almost 10 and Dylan Cody is 14 months old. My youngest daughter Angela has two daughters, Caylin Madison is 4 and Aliyah Denea is 19 months old. Angela is expecting her 3rd baby in May, a boy this time, his name will be Elijah Rivers. His middle name is actually his mothers last name.

I definitely agree, grandchildren are very special. If only we could have them first!!LOL

JANA, no I didn't fall off the face of the earth. I just got wrapped up in life! But, last Sunday I woke up and I knew that I had to do something. So, I joined WW online and I decided to get back on the two threads that I post on more often than before.

Your MIL sounds like my aunt. Getting older can be so scary sometimes.

OH, DONNA, good luck with the job. I'll say a prayer for you.

Well, I have classes at nine so I better start getting ready.

Take Care,
Ruth
Old 03-01-2003, 10:49 AM   #11  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi guys!

Welcome Donna! It looks like you are doing a fabulous job on your weight-loss program, congratulations.

Congrats are also in order to Ruth for that grandbaby. *grin*

I finished my OB rotation at the hospital (delivered 2 babies, one a premie who did surprisingly well), got excellent reviews, and am now in the midst of my psych rotation (on the lockdown ward for the criminally insane at the state hospital.) It is always interesting, thoughy you do have to VERY aware of what is going on around you at all times. There are also some patients you pretty much steer clear from because they are so volatile. I'm halfway throughthe semester--only one year and two months to go until graduation anda REAL income!

I'm keeping on with the gym and have now dropped 6 lbs (since Feb 10th), 2" from my waist, 1/2" from my hips, 2" from my chest, and a 1/2" from my arms. I've added a 1/2" to my thighs, but I think thats muscle,so I don't mind. Time to do the happy dance. *grin*

Also, I have a birthday in 5 short days... I'll be 36, and proud of it.
Old 03-01-2003, 03:45 PM   #12  

Kat, your clinicals sound amazing. Not sure if I'd like the psych ward!

How are the kids? Glad to hear that you stayed with the gym. That is great!! Keep up the good work.

Well, I'll check in with everyone later, have a good weekend.

Ruth
Old 03-01-2003, 11:04 PM   #13  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Oh, in answer to the question from the last thread, Miko is my youngest daughter.
Old 03-02-2003, 05:49 AM   #14  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

Kat!!!! Glad to see you again. Way to go on the exercising - like you, I think the gain in the thigh is strictly muscle. You are brave to work in the psych unit. I don't think I could handle that.

Hello also to Carree, Donna and Julie...

Ruth - I am doing WW at home, and when I do it right, it is a wonderful program. Which brings me to...

Well, it's wi day, and I am ashamed to admit that I have gained a pound. It is my own fault, and I will do better this week. My biggest obstacle will be dd birthday dinner tomorrow and then staying away from leftover cake. I think I will freeze it.

DH and I and some of his family are going to sort through mil's photos today. This will be a big job, but at least most of them are in albums. Identifying some of the people will be a challenge, though. There are also old clippings and programs and that sort of thing, so it will be an afternoon of memories for DH.

Have a good Sunday!
Jana
Old 03-02-2003, 08:25 AM   #15  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Well, I don't have a choice about working in the psych unit--its part of my clinical rotations. *lol* I will say, however, that it is never boring and never predictable.
Closed Thread