South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-31-2010, 03:31 PM   #1  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Default Belly Fat Cure?

Has anyone gotten into this diet? From the research that I have done (along with the SBD) this seems very similar and many sites have have done a direct reference between the two.

Just wondering if anyone else may have followed this, and whether it does show relation to SBD.

I plan on buying both books today so that I can read further.
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:42 PM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hi Shelly-

Low glycemic, whole food eating is the base of quite a few current plans. Lots of recent research points in that direction. There is a Belly Fat Cure thread on 3FC that looks pretty active. Might be worth skimming The most important thing is finding a plan you can live with. You might tweak and even change plans as you go forward but find something that really fits your life, tastes and time. There's no question that diets don't work but lifestyle changes can. Good luck
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:45 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I subscribe to Prevention Magazine and their publisher (Rodale) has heavily promoted first the SB diet, and now the Belly Fat Cure. One of the things I noted was they want you to include a MUFA (monounsaturated fatty acid) food with each meal, such as nuts, peanut butter, olives or olive oil, dark chocolate or avocados. These foods are all good choices on SB too, so there are a lot of similarities. It also has an initial period of the diet designed to jump start loss & reduce bloat. Kind of like SB Phase I only you have to drink "sassy water".

The basic Flat Belly Diet plan is a 1,600-calorie Mediterranean-style diet with an emphasis on wholesome, unrefined foods including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, beans, seeds, lean protein, and very little red meat (once a month). Very similar except for the limits on the red meat.

Last edited by murphmitch; 07-31-2010 at 04:45 PM.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:16 PM   #4  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

Shelly, I just got the book and I love the whole idea. I got the ingredients to make the first three days of meals. I posted also on the belly fat cure thread and I'm going to post my meals/eating daily.
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote